Clear All

A Matter of Faith, Part Two (324)

Stargate: Horizon - Season Three
    "A Matter of Faith, Part Two"

"A Matter of Faith, Part Two"
    Ep: 3.24
    Release Date: May 24, 2007
    Written by Alex Rubit

As Der'ash launches his assault on the Vorian homeworld, Colonel Grant learns just how dangerous the Book of Nosah'trah really is.
    Outstanding
    56.25%
    Good
    31.25%
    Fair
    6.25%
    Poor
    6.25%
    Terrible
    0.00%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Can't wait to read it should be awesome.

Comment

And with that, the wait is over. The Season Three Finale has been released, and you can find it on our new, temporary site over at http://www.freewebs.com/stargate-horizon/ along with a little news story and a special thanks to all of you.

Make sure to stop back here to share your thoughts after you've seen how this season (and some of its arcs) come to an end. Let us know what you think, and there's definitely a lot to speculate about regarding next season, and where things could be headed from here.

So with that said, enjoy the finale!

Stargate: Horizon will return on October 18, 2007 with a feature length season premiere!
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

At last! Tom and Christine talked to each other! It's a miracle!

EDIT: And then she spoke with Chase! Good God, actual interaction between the main characters! Oh frabjous joy!

Comment

Final thoughts: a doozy of an episode, yes. New plot twists were good and confusing. Glad it was Chase and not Sivea - Sivea would have been too predictable. Very, very nice ending.

Congrats to Dureg on becoming the first prior of the Ori Sentinels.

Comment

Nice season ending, nice writing. outstanding plot twist.

However I'm somehow disappointed. I was kind of hoping we finally got rid of that vorian-Kih'andari war, but it seems it's not at it's end (yet). I mean, when I think of Stargate -in general- a civil war isn't quite what I'd associate with it.

Now, on to season 4.
            Where will Chase show up?
            How much wil our Dureg/Nosi look like a prior? (I find a ressemlance there too)
            Wil Sivea's Cai'nan abbilities resurface?
            what about the feelings between Sivea and the Colonol.
            Wil the Asgard show up again regarding the book? (remember Hermiod and the ZPM-adjustements to gate from horizon to earth)
            What about the Earth/Vorian alliance? And who's behind the poisonning?
            Who'll be Adari's successor?
            etc.
            etc.

I'd say: keep us surprised.
            Ancala

Comment

Well brilliant episode.

My guess it was Kalos was the one to poison the president, he blamed Vehret rather to quickly for my liking.

I would actually prefered it was grant or sivea who went missing as I feel it would added more impact and bought the story togeather more. As they the two characters that feel were set up to go on a journey, Grant to discover his path Sivea to learn the true ways of the Cai'nan and their true powers and protental and may their purpose.

I like how is Zach was the one that the figure Dur'reg plan.

But this sydicate I cannot figure at first they seem to be a different entity than we seen before leading both sides into a war then it seem they change into kID Andari supporter rather than having a separate plan and aim.

Also I am struggeling to figure out how future Christine future would of came about because at the moment nothing she has told seem to of happen exactly how she told us but what she told us could not of happen, weapon was always gonna fail so it seem to me a little plot hole. Unless she was lying about the weapon destroying Vorian.

Dur'reg did seem like prior to me too.
              I also think the Cai'nan may of been the ones to imprision Nost'rah in the book and the guardians was also suppose to make sure that book stayed hidden forever or until they could destroy it, I suspect they lost their true purpose through out the ages and it changing into wait for his return.

In fact in be an interesting plot twist if the Cai'nan turn out they were the good guys during the Cai'nan war and it was the other vorians who were the bad guys.

I would love to know to the station my guest is that callen will try and run for president, the book will either move to earth, where it would be safe from everyone or a better option would be the Asgard taking and hiding it themselves, which would explain why they wanted to get involve in it in the first place so they could hide it themselves.
              And other it will stay on the station, but given the security situation and the fact they cannot really trust any vorian it would more sense for the above two actions. As for callen running for president it would make a interesting storyline and the only way I see the alliance between vorian and earth surviving.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
                As for a civil war being unusual for Stargate, that's very true. But that's just one aspect of Horizon being a different kind of Stargate in many ways. We always knew that we'd be doing some things that hadn't been done before in the Stargate universe.
                I agree with you on that one, but I've had a little too much civil war in one Stargate season. But I really liked the space battles in between, and foremost at the end of the season.
                The search for an important book on the other hand, is more "Stargate'esk", to put it that way.

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
                But without giving too much away, this won't be a major focus point of Season Four. Instead we'll be going in a different direction, once more introducing some new storylines.
                Nice to hear, but I was already expecting new interesting storylines!
                Last edited by Ancala; 26 May 2007, 10:32 AM. Reason: forum set back, I had troubles posting this, so I mailed myself this post, to post it later...

Comment

A good final arc, a so-so final ep. I read the last 3 eps in a row and I felt that the transition between the final eps was smooth and worked fine but the final episode lacked some glue.

Ep 24 can be seen as a three part episode:
                  a) The Find-The-Book-Ending part was superb, the pace was right and the story unfolded in a pinch. Zach figuring out the Kih'Andari attack... genius.I really liked this part, however that caused a major problem with the next part.

b) Then the story sank into a 24-like-story part. The change of pace was too much. After reading two or three pages, it felt like something completely unrelated (Even like another episode). The book could have been a code, nuke, bio-weapon, whatever; it was all the same - some *random* guy infiltrated CTU... errm Horizon, to steal the book. We knew someone will betray the Vorians, we knew the book was for grabs (Something that important guarded by just 2 SF!). Too predictable and Ca'vel didn't convince me as a bad guy, he looked like a complete nincompoop. The interaction between Chris and the others was a nice touch, though.

c) The Ending: It was ok, Chase self-sacrifice was a good point (and a bit unexpected, the money was on other character), but that was it. Again, Adari's demise was far too predictable and 24ish (And so was blaming Vahret). And the organization behind Adari's death... I hope it will not turn into something like the Trust, the Lucian Alliance or the Genii. Naming it Syndicate hints dangerously into that direction (I hope that the name hint is a red-herring, and if it is, well done). Another thing I really didn't like: Hallowed are the Sentinels.

Final comments: The final arc was good, but the final episode felt rushed. Blame the editors: the lack of glue and pace control seem to be related to excesive cutting; A two hours finale was probably too much, but instead of making it one hour, it should have been a 1.5 hour finale.

**1/2 out of ****

Comment

Very good episode! I don't have much to say as every one stole my thunder, including the ori-sentinals thing however it is my opinion that dureg will be one of a kind unless the doorway between our universe and the sentinal's is open and for some reason they need "hosts".

peace out and good luck for season 4
                    Blitz Wakim

Comment

it was a highly entertaining episode
                      many twists that kept me on the edge

but no offense the whole ascended bad guys with magical powers is seriously being overused. i miss the good old days when everything was SIMPLE, on our own plane of existance lol.

Comment

A great season finale.

The attack on Vorian was suitably spectacular.

Some neat twists - the "book-as-a-prison" thing was very unexpected.

I hope Chase will be back - he's definitely grown as a character this season. (He really sounds more like Ben Browder these days, too.)

Comment

So I'm sitting here. It's about ten to nine AM and I have this nostaligic feeling. I feel like I'm back in Season One where I used to catch up during the weekend mornings. Curtains closed, red light cast over my room. And then the time I read the Season Two premiere springs to mind.

Well anyway: Ohhh noozzz! It's the Season One cliff-hanger all over again! I loved the self sacrifice. I can only hope Chase gets turned into a bad guy or something. Please oh God make him be a vessel for another Sentinel or something.

The episode was all very twisty. Made for more exciting setup than some of the other episodes. XD But should be interesting for S4. I'm looking for Vorian space to just collapse and for the Vorians to become nomadic or something.

Some interesting character stuff. More potential shipping for Grant and Sivea. Callen is fantastic as always. Might be also be getting some angst for Grant? And what's with the "everyone we know is somehow involved in something" thing you've got going? Lecia...Adari...Ca'vel. Lol. I know, saves creating new characters and all but...damn! Is the whole Vorian government hiding something?

I'm not seeing the Prior thing. Sure, his face is all deformed now but Dureg IS Nossy now. Which should prove to be interesting. I'm betting Sivea has to learn to use her powers to fight the guy. Which should open the way for some awesome angst between her and Grant when they finally get together.

Looking forward to S4.

Oh, and what's with the lack of replies from Alex?
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                            So I'm sitting here. It's about ten to nine AM and I have this nostaligic feeling. I feel like I'm back in Season One where I used to catch up during the weekend mornings. Curtains closed, red light cast over my room. And then the time I read the Season Two premiere springs to mind.
                            Nothing like nostalgia.

Well anyway: Ohhh noozzz! It's the Season One cliff-hanger all over again! I loved the self sacrifice. I can only hope Chase gets turned into a bad guy or something. Please oh God make him be a vessel for another Sentinel or something.
                            Yeah, like I said on the season four wishlist topic, Chase won't be returning the way we left him. The possibilities are endless, and whatever happens to him, I'm not sure Chase as we know him would stay completely in tact.

The episode was all very twisty. Made for more exciting setup than some of the other episodes. XD But should be interesting for S4. I'm looking for Vorian space to just collapse and for the Vorians to become nomadic or something.
                            Yeah, Vorian got its ass whooped. We'll definitely see some attempt at rebuilding throughout season four, as well as attempts at quelling the disorder that's left over from Kih'Andari-Vorian aversions. Who'll take over as president? What will become of Vahret? Kalos? Lotsa set-up indeed.

As for the nomad idea, I kinda like the sound of it. If the situation presents itself...

Some interesting character stuff. More potential shipping for Grant and Sivea. Callen is fantastic as always. Might be also be getting some angst for Grant? And what's with the "everyone we know is somehow involved in something" thing you've got going? Lecia...Adari...Ca'vel. Lol. I know, saves creating new characters and all but...damn! Is the whole Vorian government hiding something?
                            Ever read Dickens' Great Expectations? It's kinda got the feeling of this finale arc, in that everyone is connected in some way, which almost seems to coincidental. But, for the sake of fictional story telling, made for some interesting twists if you look past the whole "everyone's involved" thing.

Kinda ironic that Vahret's the only one who's retained his integrity while the Vorian's secrets unravel before them. Of course, he could also be involved in Adari's death... Or maybe Kalos framed him? Or the Syndicate? Oy vey!

I'm not seeing the Prior thing. Sure, his face is all deformed now but Dureg IS Nossy now. Which should prove to be interesting. I'm betting Sivea has to learn to use her powers to fight the guy. Which should open the way for some awesome angst between her and Grant when they finally get together.
                            I like that idea too. In one of the older drafts for 3.22 (the events of which actually got pushed to 3.23) Sivea actually confronted Lecia and they had a big psychic powers fight. I'd still like to see something like that in Sivea's future.

Looking forward to S4.
                            Me too. Working on my first story now; it involves Sivok.
                            Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                            Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                            Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                            Stargate Destiny, Fan
                            Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                              A great season finale.

The attack on Vorian was suitably spectacular.

Some neat twists - the "book-as-a-prison" thing was very unexpected.
                              All what we were going for. I'm glad you liked it and appreciate the comments. Alex made a doozy outta this one.

I hope Chase will be back - he's definitely grown as a character this season. (He really sounds more like Ben Browder these days, too.)
                              Alex mentioned earlier in the season that one character would be leaving and returning as a recurring character next season. I can guarentee his return some time this season, although probably not early on.
                              Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                              Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                              Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                              Stargate Destiny, Fan
                              Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Working...
                              X