Page 5 of 2808 FirstFirst ... 234567815551055051005 ... LastLast

Default Re: Beckett/McGillion Thunk Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SaharaGate
    Thanks for the info!! Hopefully it will come out on DVD too. I'm doing a film & TV postgrad degree next year & am starting up a collection of good independent films...I find I learn more from them than any holywood movie.

This one sounds like it might be collection worthy

And if it means I get to stare at those brilliant blue eyes...all the better
    Believe me mate it is, Paul or no Paul this is an excellent movie. Gina, the lead who plays 'Grace' is absolutely stunning. The character is schizphrenic and its a very honest and emotionally raw performance that never once steps over the line to melodramatic. Some scenes were so heart wrenching they were almost painful to watch, they really hit the nail on the head!

The DVD will be available from CineClix sometime soon (you can find alot of other great indies there too). It was originally scheduled for around Xmas but it depends when Paul McG can find time to record his commentary for it. Just check out my site and I'll post on here as soon as I get any news. I just couldn't wait though, but then now I'm more eager to get the DVD.

As to the Film postgrad, lucky bugger, I couldn't afford to go to Film School (I paid my own way through university and college, summers spent doing stuff like working in a sandwich factory on 12 hours shifts, 6 days a week for my ENTIRE summer to pay tuitions fees...oh the BAD memories ) Now I'm learning my trade via working for TV News, they let me edit, SWEET!
    TJ

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by TJuk
    OMG!!!!! How the hell did I miss this thread?????? Crap!! Er...

:::waves at everyone:::

Hi girls, I'm the lass who runs http://paulmcgillion.tjuk.net and I'm with ya on the CARSON SHIRT REMOVAL....if y'all want a preview lookee here:-

http://paulmcgillion.tjuk.net/pages/...y/scr_cap3.htm
    Ohhhh, so that's your site. Big warm welcome. Good of you to bring a gift.

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by TJuk
    Believe me mate it is, Paul or no Paul this is an excellent movie. Gina, the lead who plays 'Grace' is absolutely stunning. The character is schizphrenic and its a very honest and emotionally raw performance that never once steps over the line to melodramatic. Some scenes were so heart wrenching they were almost painful to watch, they really hit the nail on the head!

The DVD will be available from CineClix sometime soon (you can find alot of other great indies there too). It was originally scheduled for around Xmas but it depends when Paul McG can find time to record his commentary for it. Just check out my site and I'll post on here as soon as I get any news. I just couldn't wait though, but then now I'm more eager to get the DVD.
    I'll definitely be checking it out soon, in one format or another.

Again thanks for the info

As to the Film postgrad, lucky bugger, I couldn't afford to go to Film School (I paid my own way through university and college, summers spent doing stuff like working in a sandwich factory on 12 hours shifts, 6 days a week for my ENTIRE summer to pay tuitions fees...oh the BAD memories )
    Sigh.

You've just described the last four years of my life. I've just finished off an Arts-Journalism dual degree majoring in Literature and German, and focusing on TV in my final year.

Next year will be a similar story (what can I say, apparently I like punishment), but at least my course only lasts a year...by the end of it will have tried my hands at everything from documentary making to short films.

At least, that's the plan.

Now I'm learning my trade via working for TV News, they let me edit, SWEET!
    TJ

See now *that* is a perfect set up. Nothing like on-the-job training. I help out occassionally at ABC TV, but nothing too amazing...usually just logging tapes.

Editing is one of the things I love though - i have a great little set up at home now. But I love everything to do with TV....the camera work, coming up with a concept, visualising it, interviewing people (lots of fun!) and finally putting it all together and layering it. Very time consuming though.

Can you tell I'm a little excited about next year?

Oh, and to keep this on-topic........PM has the most adorable smile! It's so genuine and touches every corner of his face, not just his lips. Gotto love that in a man

Boy, if I knew that gateworld had a Paul/Carson thunk thread I would have come over ages ago! Of course, you all missed the... er... fun (OK, OK, it was insanity of a very fun sort) on the "Who's Sexier" and "Beckett" threads over at SciFi bboard or you would all know how VERY contentious a topic it is!

Anyway, I am U No Who, but I've been known to post as kheldarsgirl. Happy to meetcha!

Beckett wasn't in last night's episode, 'Underground'. that's not fair. i missed him. Is it wrong of me to want him in every episode?

Quote Originally Posted by michelleb
    Beckett wasn't in last night's episode, 'Underground'. that's not fair. i missed him. Is it wrong of me to want him in every episode?
    Ah! He's not in the next one either, it was major Carson withdrawl by the end of 'Home'!! But dont ya worry lassie, he'll be back for the next episode, 'The Storm' (which is fecking brilliant!!) infact he's in 'em all 'cept 'The Defiant One' from there on out.

And what is this thread doing on page 2!! Shameful!!

The Unofficial Paul McGillion Website Gallery -

http://paulmcgillion.tjuk.net/pages/gallery.htm

For all you Paul McG 'Thunking' needs...

TJ

Chief Master Sergeant

Seriously my back is starting to ache with hauling this thread up the pages.

Paul, Paul, Paul, Paul, Paul!!!!!!

Who loves ya, baby?! WE LOVE YA, BABY!

Congrats to Paul and his fellow cast and crew on the big screen premiere of "See Grace Fly" tonight in Vancouver & Toronto! If only it were playing in Montreal, too. It's only a 500 mile round trip from my house, this movie is worth that!

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by unowhoandwhy
    Paul, Paul, Paul, Paul, Paul!!!!!!

Who loves ya, baby?! WE LOVE YA, BABY!

Congrats to Paul and his fellow cast and crew on the big screen premiere of "See Grace Fly" tonight in Vancouver & Toronto! If only it were playing in Montreal, too. It's only a 500 mile round trip from my house, this movie is worth that!
    Who loves him??

I do!

Can't wait for more Atlantis episodes that feature him. Although I gotto say Atlantis is proving to be very strong, even in episodes not feauturing the illustrious Dr.

So..from the Storm onwards, except The Defiant Ones, I can have Carson Beckett every week?

Now that's the kind of thing I want for Christmas!!!

for me to know.. and for you to find out.

how's bout we clone Carson and keep all of us ladies Thunkin and droolin away

First Lieutenant

Woo so I did my first music vid and it is a tribute to Earnest from Torment of Tantalus....

which you all know is played by one hunky Paul McGillion (the young earnest not the old one obviously...lol).

So if anyone is interested, I posted a direct link on the music vid thread. music vid thread

Looking forward to checking out your vid! Although I prefer Paul as Carson!

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Aiden Ford
    I think Carson's face looks really cute in the hazmat suit. Plus he gets to hug Aiden! *faints*

http://img62.exs.cx/img62/1532/huggles1.jpg
    There's something about the light in the hazmat suit that just suits his face and brings out his eyes, he looks so good in it.

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by unowhoandwhy
    Looking forward to checking out your vid! Although I prefer Paul as Carson!

Oh yes of course!

But this was his first stint on SG and I think he did a wonderful job! That soft-sultry lighting doesn't do any harm either

Beckett looks like George Clooney a bit.

He's definitely thunk-worthy but my heart goes to Shep.

Quote Originally Posted by fair_nymph
    Beckett looks like George Clooney a bit.

He's definitely thunk-worthy but my heart goes to Shep.
    Huuummmm not seeing George Clooney, Paul's got his own special brand of 'thunk-worthy' looks, a killer smile (and by that I mean, blinding, sunshine, lady killer smile), beautiful blue eyes and is just such a total sweetheart...oh and he's well fit too!!! :-P

Shep, nah, he's cute but he doesn't do anything for me. Besides this is the Paul/Beckett thunk thread!!!

TJ

Somewhere between insane and that other one...

Anyone hear (or read) the news: Paul McGillion has been made a series regular for S2! Which means he should have his name in the opening credits and be in most, if not all, of the episodes. *jumps up and down in excitement*

And that's my two cents...
    My LiveJournal
    ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by DANIquinn
    Anyone hear (or read) the news: Paul McGillion has been made a series regular for S2! Which means he should have his name in the opening credits and be in most, if not all, of the episodes. *jumps up and down in excitement*
    Really? So, we guaranteed seeing his face in every episode, even if in the opening credits. I can't wait..yummy, Carson all the time . There's a thought to gladden a hussy's heart.

Page 5 of 2808 FirstFirst ... 234567815551055051005 ... LastLast