Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Ladies (& gentlemen), here it is:

The first official Carson Beckett / Paul McGillion Thunk thread. Somewhere for us to admire all the goodness that is the wonderful, loyal, moral Dr Beckett.

I must admit that, much as I adore the character of Beckett, it never entered my head to start thunking for him until today (well there was a certain twinge in Poisoning the Well
    Spoiler:
    when he was so passionate and sweet about Perna's death and didn't change his feelings or opinions about her or his profession
    ).

But now, I am an avid thunker.

And here is the picture that turned me, courtesy of this website :

Who knew Dr Beckett had Daniel eyes??? *dreamy sigh*.

Quick word about spoilers: Use the spoiler tags to discuss particular episodes and warn people if any pics are really spoilery.

Oh, and try to use links or the attachment feature to minimise the size of each thread page for the poor underpriviliged people on dialup
    Last edited by SaharaGate; 12 October 2004, 09:58 PM.

Woot!!!
    It's about time we had one of these.
    I love Dr Beckett. The accent.. sigh..

And you're right. the Poisoning the Well episode was what really set me off. I'd had a few twinges before that, like in Rising.. but really PtW was a showcase of Mcgillion's talents.

I really look forward to seeing more of him in upcoming eps.
    he's just sooo....yum!!

Comment

So it looks like we're the only ones that appreciate Dr Beckett's masculine charms at the moment Jafana.

What could be putting the gals off? The accent? The facial hair? Something lunch related??

Bah.

Don't know what they're missing.

Here's another pic as evidence.

I might head over to the Baal thunk thread to get my thunking fix tonight...
      Last edited by SaharaGate; 22 September 2006, 06:19 AM.

Comment

sigh...

yum..

well, I figure does it really matter that no one else appreciates the good doctor's charms?? more for us right?

love those dimples.
        and those piercing blue eyes.

(was gonna attach a pic as well..but it isnt working coz puter is spazzing.)

Comment

Oh yes...piercing blue eyes are thunkalicious.

As I said, they are Daniel eyes. They remind me very much of our sultry little archaeologist *sigh*.

Having a thunk thread all to ourselves could be quite perk....we are in charge of all the decor

Comment

ohhh here we go.

this one.. see the eyes...... yum.

Comment

Originally posted by Jafana
              ohhh here we go.

this one.. see the eyes...... yum.
              http://www.tehvand.com/jafana/images/b&w mcgillion.jpg
              Ohhhh I love the eyes!

Also gotto love the 5 O'clock shadow....wonder if we will ever see Beckett minus the facial hair?

He needs to shave it all off, and then conveniently forget to shave for several days at at a time....

Comment

Hi SG and Jafana ! I've rather *cough* liked Paul since he played young Ernest in Torment Of Tantalus.

Happy Thunking !
                Rest of post snipped .FHB
                Last edited by Bagpuss; 20 September 2004, 02:19 AM.
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Thankies FHB.

hehe, we found that site a little while ago.. or rather SG did.

very cool though.

Comment

Yep.Apologies for brain-fade.
                    I suppose you'll have already checked out ImDb ?

I know someone posted a link up to some very thunkable shots of Paul,but I've lost the darn bookmark !
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I think this thread might get more attention in the Atlantis general discussion thread.. dunno. But.. I also like him verrry much!

He had me by the "I wish I had a friend like that." And my immediate thought was.. nah, you don't want Teyla to be your friend when I can be your friend.

It has to be the accent.. always kinda liked Sean Connery, too.
                      Channara

-"How come I never get to kiss anybody?"
                      -"Well, it's a... there's being episode written for you ...soon. Very soon."
                      -"Sure."

Comment

hmmm glad ta know im not the only one who's weak when it comes ta Beckett... *drool* damn he's one fine man... yum.. oh sorry i think i got carried away... in fact i've been havin my own share of fun writing a SGA fic for fun... can't give away all of me secrets now can i... lets just say that it's Beckett/Original char romance...
                        sigpic

Comment

ooohh, A Dr. Beckett/McGillion Thunk Thread!!! AWESOME! I absolutely love Dr. Beckett! He is my favorite character on Atlantis...and that accent...THUD! hehehe! Thanks for sharing those pictures too!

~*~Emilee~*~

Comment

Wow, there really *are* people out there who appreciate Beckett for the studly man he is .

Anyone else think it's amazing how different Beckett is to McGillion? It's like the accent and a bit of facial hair and some stunning acting and suddenly he looks like a completely different person.

I really want to see him in See Grace Fly and compare it to the Beckett character.

Originally posted by CKO
                            in fact i've been havin my own share of fun writing a SGA fic for fun... can't give away all of me secrets now can i... lets just say that it's Beckett/Original char romance...
                            A Beckett romance fic????

Be still my heart!!

Make sure you post on here and let us know when it's finished .
                            Last edited by SaharaGate; 22 September 2006, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                              Wow, there really *are* people out there who appreciate Beckett for the studly man he is .

Anyone else think it's amazing how different Beckett is to McGillion? It's like the accent and a bit of facial hair and some stunning acting and suddenly he looks like a completely different person.

I really want to see him in See Grace Fly and compare it to the Beckett character.
                              *note to self: see if EasyDVD have See Grace Fly.*

Well, it's great to see we're not alone!!

Anybody got any really fav moments to share??

I agree with the "I want a friend like that" moment. But I love that whole scene between Beckett and McKay.
                              Atlantis, Rising
                              Spoiler:

McKay: You have to get out more.
                              Beckett: I'm in another galaxy. How more out can I get??

Comment

Working...
                              X