This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargates In The Pegasus

We know that the stargates in the MW are made of naquadah, does that mean that the stargates in the PG are too? The Goa'uld had their slaves mine for it, so we know that it is present in our galaxy. But they have yet to show any evidence that there is any naquadah in the PG. Or maybe there is a new mineral that they haven't discovered that is more powerful than naquadah. Any Ideas?

: Green is Good.
    sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Hmm, good question. Until it's addressed I'm just going to assume it's made of naquadah.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

I started a thread on this subject, not many people cared. See.

Comment

i presume naquadah.......i do think some ancient put too many zero's in the matter replicator when getting some blue LED's though

"C**P........i only wanted 20, what the hell am i gonna do with the other 1980............got it, bang em in the stargate and pretend i meant to make it look cool "
        sigpic
        EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
        -Liberty Prime

Comment

Well since the ancients made both systems, i'd assume they're both made of the same element. Obviously the pegasus gates are an upgraded version... the windows vista of stargates you could say . I'd say they're a more digital version of the stargate, obviously. Since there's no analogue ring, and dialing is all digital. And they come with enchanced programming as well, i.e. they can block addresses and be prevented from dialing some gates (i.e. no pegasus gate can dial earth, except Atlantis'). But i'd still say they are made of naquadah.

Comment

Originally posted by LogicSequence View Post
            Well since the ancients made both systems, i'd assume they're both made of the same element. Obviously the pegasus gates are an upgraded version... the windows vista of stargates you could say . I'd say they're a more digital version of the stargate, obviously. Since there's no analogue ring, and dialing is all digital. And they come with enchanced programming as well, i.e. they can block addresses and be prevented from dialing some gates (i.e. no pegasus gate can dial earth, except Atlantis'). But i'd still say they are made of naquadah.
            Pegasus gates can't dial Earth(except the Atlantis gate) because they lack the control crystal that allows the input of an 8th chevronl, while MW DHD's have it by default.

Comment

Do they?

Comment

IMO, I think so, because the earth gate, the one found in Giza, was brought to Earth by Ra. It can dial another galaxy, so I would imagine the only thing stopping any random MW gate dialing another universe is the poewr requirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
                  IMO, I think so, because the earth gate, the one found in Giza, was brought to Earth by Ra. It can dial another galaxy, so I would imagine the only thing stopping any random MW gate dialing another universe is the poewr requirement.
                  Also we have our own dialiing program that bipasses several built in gate protocalls. I am not convinced that all MW gates have the control cyrstal. it has yet to be established.

Perfecto!

Comment

^^ That was my thinking, because we don't actually use a DHD so the control crystal wouldn't matter...

Comment

Very true, but also the gates in the MW are ALOT older than the gates in the PG. The control crystal also might be something that they added to SGA so the Wraith had to attack Atlantis. Because otherwise the Wraith could dial any gate and get to Earth. But since that is not a threat in the MW they might not need the control crystal in the gates.

Comment

I would say naquada, but only because it hasn't been adressed yet in the show.

Comment

The control crystal for eight chevron addresses is in the DHD, not the gate. As evidenced when Rodney removed the crystal from the Atlantis DHD and brought it to another planet in the hope of drawing the energy from a mist the surrounded that planet to dial Earth. He couldn't even just plug it in because that DHD was designed to hold that extra crystal, he had to make some other modifications to make it work.

I believe that MW DHDs have the ability to lock eigth chevron addresses by default. We've seen no evidence to the contrary, and have no reason to assume otherwise.

As a final note, I believe that the Pegasus gates are also made of naquada.

Comment

Originally posted by theStormWeaver View Post
                            The control crystal for eight chevron addresses is in the DHD, not the gate. As evidenced when Rodney removed the crystal from the Atlantis DHD and brought it to another planet in the hope of drawing the energy from a mist the surrounded that planet to dial Earth. He couldn't even just plug it in because that DHD was designed to hold that extra crystal, he had to make some other modifications to make it work.

I believe that MW DHDs have the ability to lock eigth chevron addresses by default. We've seen no evidence to the contrary, and have no reason to assume otherwise.

As a final note, I believe that the Pegasus gates are also made of naquada.
                            Yes but control crystals can be placed in gates aswell, this has been shown by the Ori, I would personally assume that the Stargates also have control crystals to run their programming and for non DHD dialing but when a DHD is connected those crystals take over. <- Speculation but makes sense IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by LogicSequence View Post
                              I feel sorry for Rodney...theres not many drivers for Vista... so if he crashes he's screwed lol...meh maybe the ancients made a service pack who knows.

But yeah...i'd assume it was made of the same element however we have not heard of it, or they synthesized it like half their other crap...

Meh we'll find out maybe in the future i guess

I wonder if there is a Mac system in the PG (ponders).
                              I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Working...
                              X