Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22 Minutes of Deleted Scenes for that episode? Wow, that is awesome! I can only imagine the crazy stuff that went on that was taken out. Looking forward to that!

: Green is Good.
    sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

22 minutes of footage?

I wish they would add all of this stuff into the DVDs

Comment

Originally posted by Natasha View Post
        I actually kinda liked this ep. Agreed it isnt one of the best but I thought it was fun.
        Daniel's scene with the 2 women did seem a little out of character for him but I understand why he yelled at them. They were getting on my nerves as well.
        It would be interesting to see what that missing scene was though. Hope they do have deleted scenes on the DVDs. Bet they wont though .
        Actually season 10 will have deleted scenes so mabey it will have some of these. I too liked this ep though I agree it was a bit choppy.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode overall. I didn't have many problems with how it flowed at all. Seeing some of the deleted content would be nice though.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            I really enjoyed this episode overall. I didn't have many problems with how it flowed at all. Seeing some of the deleted content would be nice though.
            Neither did I really but it isw noticable at some points that stuff is missing. Though I agree it was a great episode overall.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe
              [mod snip - please refrain from saying nasty things about the actors on the show. Ta.]
              I wouldn't say that. But I imagine that it can be a bit frustrating to film something and then find out that a lot of your stuff, or a lot of the context for your performance, has been cut out. I think that was his biggest gripe....that he didn't think his acting and the episode made sense without those missing 22 minutes....because he said he enjoyed filming it.

I happen to disagree, but the episode isn't quite as personal to me. I don't know what TPTB cut out, so I only see it for what it is now rather than what it was before they took the scissors to it.

-Stef
              Last edited by Madeleine; 29 May 2007, 05:39 AM.

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                Well yeah, cutting that much, and pasting together the important bits was production/direction error. The director drew out the scenes too long, and the production slapped them together poorly.

Btw, I just read his blog, and I'd be shocked if he doesn't read the message boards. He seems to speak the same lingo. I love how he talks about some eps as "filler episodes" and people on here freak out if someone labels an episode that.

Personally I think filler episodes only came into the equation in S8, and they were just budding at that point. By S9 & 10, many eps seem like they were just written to get an episode out there.

While "filler" has become the label (on here) for any ep that doesn't further the overall arc, I disagree. In the early seasons, plenty of the exploration episodes barely had direct Goa'uld contact, and they weren't filler, they were what the show was about, EXPLORATION. I loved those eps, and they built the show into a 10 yr franchise. That being said, recent eps like "Uninvited" are pure filler.
                I agree, many people mistake stand alone episodes for fillers, while a stand alone episode is just one that moves freely out of the main arc(s).
                Sometimes, stand alone episodes can create mini arcs.

Even if not all stand alone episodes were great, none of them felt like TPTB had to do a filer because they had a list of 22 eps to complete or something like that.

In fact, I believe that the filler trend started full throttle at season 6, with episodes such as nightwalkers, shadow play, the other guys, sight unseen.
                Those were starting to smell like forced, yet they had enough sepcial effets and seriousness in them to remain relatively acceptable.

Later on, it just became a series of real fillers, boring, largely skippable, with no particular special effects or action worth the notice, or just too much forced slapstick humour - the same unnecessary humour largely boosted from the day they actually filmed Wormhole X-treme. While this episode was relatively funny then, I couldn't realize the damage it would do later on, as it actually established the most absurd rule of Stargate: the one funnay episode per season.

The last seasons would have really been way better without 1/4 of the episodes each one contained.

What's the point asking for asking as list of more than twenty episodes, if you're just going to run into a cycle of quality that would, from time to time, be as "good" as it was for the vast bulk of plots of Airwolf and Knight Rider?

Hello?
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I loved this episode and I didn't get the impression that Michael thought it was a bad ep or that the acting was bad, just that the fact that he knew a lot was cut from it made it choppy to him and maybe that he thought that made it seem like his character acted a bit irrationally. [I read that article a few days ago, so maybe someone will quote passages that contradict this, but that is the impression I got.]

However, I didn't think it was choppy and I don't think his character was irrational. He was was pretending to be a terrorist and the "hostages" were acting like they didn't believe they were hostages. He was trying to act tough to make them "behave." The fact that he wasn't "terrifying" wasn't poor acting on Michael's part, it was forced acting on Daniel's part - which means Michael played the part he was supposed to play well.

I also thought the other actors were great. Ben and Claudia played well off of each other and... well, they all did. Good stuff. The only bad thing was Sam/Amanda not being there. She missed all the fun.

This was one of my favorites episodes because it was so fun. I don't care about the arc [it's fine, but I really don't want every episode to be about it].

I'd love to see the extra 22 minutes, not because I thought the episode was lacking, but because I loved it and 22 more minutes could only be MORE fun!

Comment

ITA ChillinTheMost. I especially agree about those last few points, I like arc episodes, but sometimes I need a break. I'm really hoping we get to see some of the cut scenes, it will just make a good episode better

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost View Post
                      I loved this episode and I didn't get the impression that Michael thought it was a bad ep or that the acting was bad, just that the fact that he knew a lot was cut from it made it choppy to him and maybe that he thought that made it seem like his character acted a bit irrationally. [I read that article a few days ago, so maybe someone will quote passages that contradict this, but that is the impression I got.]

However, I didn't think it was choppy and I don't think his character was irrational. He was was pretending to be a terrorist and the "hostages" were acting like they didn't believe they were hostages. He was trying to act tough to make them "behave." The fact that he wasn't "terrifying" wasn't poor acting on Michael's part, it was forced acting on Daniel's part - which means Michael played the part he was supposed to play well.

I also thought the other actors were great. Ben and Claudia played well off of each other and... well, they all did. Good stuff. The only bad thing was Sam/Amanda not being there. She missed all the fun.

This was one of my favorites episodes because it was so fun. I don't care about the arc [it's fine, but I really don't want every episode to be about it].

I'd love to see the extra 22 minutes, not because I thought the episode was lacking, but because I loved it and 22 more minutes could only be MORE fun!
                      Agreed. i too loved the ep and didnt get the feeling that MS hated it. He was upset that so much got cut but thats the problem when you have time restraints. I also agree about the other actors. I too would love to see what got cut along with comentaires explaining why it was cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                        FINALLY! While many of us were bashed for bashing the over-the-top comedic-to-serious acting in "Bad Guys," I feel so vindicated hearing the performer (of the performance) in question agreeing with us.

As I said months back from watching the episode's premiere, the direction/production was horrible. Any 10yr. Stargate fan can tell you that Shanks is a very good actor (especially by television standards). He's pulled off drama & comedy, nerdy & cool seamlessly, to the point of making some of the 8-fig salaried A-listers look bad. Yet in this episode his performance seemed amateurish. Going for extreme OTT drama to comedy, without transitions, it just screamed of community theater.

As a longtime fan, I was pretty sure Michael didn't just forget how to act, so I blamed the direction. Just a poor episode overall. Now putting MS aside, Vala was... Vala. She was fine, and her performance was on par with the other eps. (though a little more silly). All of the guest stars were ridiculously over the top. The guard was like a character from one of those low budget semi-independent brit-coms. And they were all just bottom-of-the-barrel.

Lack of Carter is rarely a good thing. Teal'c didn't have much to say. And Mitchell, I can't imagine many fans or hatters saying that this was a strong Mitchell ep.

I just think this whole ep felt like amateur hour. A 10-year drama going for OTT Comedy? Some say they tried to return to Sg-1's S1-6 roots of exploration, but you can't even compare this eps to the worst of the Jack/Daniel eps.

I'm so glad MS saw the same thing...
                        i still soooo love bad guys. it's one of the best eps of season 10 in my eyes.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          i still soooo love bad guys. it's one of the best eps of season 10 in my eyes.
                          ITA

-Stef

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost View Post

Definitely one of my favorites eps of Season 10 too.

As for the extra 22 minutes, I hope we at least get to see some of that cut footage. It would just help to enhance an already great episode IMO as well.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              Definitely one of my favorites eps of Season 10 too.

As for the extra 22 minutes, I hope we at least get to see some of that cut footage. It would just help to enhance an already great episode IMO as well.
                              What I'd love is an option on the menu for that ep "Play televised cut" or "Play extended cut". But I'll settle for some deleted footage.

Comment

i actaully liked his yelling at the people i laughed so hard.
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X