Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terminator TV Show - "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" - "SPOILERS FOR ALL EPISODES"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Sorry to necro again

But the timeline from what I have read is

T1, T2, TSCC, then T3 and T4 Salvation
    Owing to the time travel involved in ep 1 of TSCC, a completely alternative timeline is created, completely negating T3. No idea if it skuppers Salvation as well...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      Sorry to necro again

But the timeline from what I have read is

T1, T2, TSCC, then T3 and T4 Salvation
      There are currently two Terminator timelines and they go like this:
      TIMELINE 1
      The Terminator, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

TIMELINE 2
      The Terminator, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, Terminator: Salvation

The new trilogy beginning with Terminator: Genisys takes the timeline in a totally new direction. Judgement Day still happens, but events from The Terminator onwards will take an entirely new course...but that doesn't make T2, T3, or T4 or TSCC any less real. They still happened but in alternate timelines.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

And judging from the trailer it looks sucky
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
          There are currently two Terminator timelines and they go like this:
          TIMELINE 1
          The Terminator, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

TIMELINE 2
          The Terminator, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, Terminator: Salvation

The new trilogy beginning with Terminator: Genisys takes the timeline in a totally new direction. Judgement Day still happens, but events from The Terminator onwards will take an entirely new course...but that doesn't make T2, T3, or T4 or TSCC any less real. They still happened but in alternate timelines.
          Translation: Another director wants to put his personal stamp on an already successful franchise by rewriting existing canon, just as Jar Jar Abrams did with 2009's "Star Trek".

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            Translation: Another director wants to put his personal stamp on an already successful franchise by rewriting existing canon, just as Jar Jar Abrams did with 2009's "Star Trek".
            I dunno... Terminator is inherently timey-wimey... So its not out of context unlike trek...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I don't think we need another movie......... It should have ended at the 2nd movie and stayed dead..

Meanwhile I was thinking about Skynet

Skynet vs Daleks, or the Borg, or The Culture.

And also this:

The more I think about it the more flawed I think the idea of Skynet is. Sure the military designed it and it follows is programming but it's limited to its programming and unless changes in the timeline changed its physical nature how can it rewrite its own core program? Going back to the original Skynet from T1 and T2 who in their right mind would have designed a system that has no human oversight at all, or intervention protocol like an override?

Why would you design an automated system with zero safeguards? Isn't that just bad system design?

As for Skynet surely as an evolving intelligence it could figure out the value of keeping life? So what happens when all the humans are wiped out? Does it just shut down, or go into standby mode? I like the concept but it was done way better in other movies and Colossus was my idea of what Skynet should have been like.

Go watch "Colossus: The Forbin Project" for another evil computer made by silly humans that runs amok.......Again zero safety protocols........... But I love that movie to bits.
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X