This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cult Production

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE EPISODE [ THE GAME ] and the reasons that the team could set up a base their in the future and the ways it could become a
    stomping ground for creating things like ship and making them give them up to the ORACLE.

1.Would be funny to use them as slaves
    2.Would be interesting to see who acurate the planets inhabitents were in creating this such as ships.
    3.Would benefit Atlantis and Earth.
    4.good fun mate.
    5.Could expand Earths Empire and get valuable resources.

GOTO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXebak1k1N4 and you'll know what i mean
    sigpic
    i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Are you suggesting that the Atlantis team has ppl pose as Oracles for other countries, and use those populations to make weapons etc for Atlantis?

While it would be cool to know you've constantly got a base set up for weapons, ammo and the like; i don't think they'd do it. too morally ambiguous, even if they promised to protect the 'slaves', as you called them.

it would be interesting if at some time they approach John or Rodneys ppl and ask them for their weapons. it'd be nice to see those ppl in a couple of seasons time, see how they've dealt with their peace
    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
    "what?"
    *throat punch*
    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
      Are you suggesting that the Atlantis team has ppl pose as Oracles for other countries, and use those populations to make weapons etc for Atlantis?

While it would be cool to know you've constantly got a base set up for weapons, ammo and the like; i don't think they'd do it. too morally ambiguous, even if they promised to protect the 'slaves', as you called them.

it would be interesting if at some time they approach John or Rodneys ppl and ask them for their weapons. it'd be nice to see those ppl in a couple of seasons time, see how they've dealt with their peace
      Well i hope they do go back the planet and i think they will but make them slaves thats a bit exterme
      But i think this was one of the worse ep this season
      sigpic
      Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
      Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by Athosian Death facilitator View Post
        THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE EPISODE [ THE GAME ] and the reasons that the team could set up a base their in the future and the ways it could become a
        stomping ground for creating things like ship and making them give them up to the ORACLE.

2.Would be interesting to see who acurate the planets inhabitents were in creating this such as ships.
        4.good fun mate.

Setting up off-world bases is easier & less risky to do it on uninhabited planets, rather than right in the middle of a bunch of primitives. No chance of someone being captured by the Wraith during a culling or away mission then revealing your secret if your own an uninhabited world.

1. What real good would their manpower do. There is virtually nothing that they'd be able to help you with, other than lifitng things etc. If that was the case, then I'm sure they'd either use a 304 to beam it in place, or use a piece of machinery like a crane or whatever to move it. Goa'uld used slaves fore their manpower because they didn't have beaming technology etc, which is far more effective.

2. Simply put, they wouldn't be able to construct intergalactic spaceships without constant overseeing of every single little piece of tech while it's being integrated into the ship. They'd need to be told exactly what to do & where to place it every single second during construction. If that was the case, then why not do it yourself & save all that precious time. This is the same as getting a bunch of schoolkids to build a skyscraper for you. Why use them when they know absolutely nothing of what's needed, when you can simply hire experienced workmen instead.

3. I can't see it benefiting anyone back on Earth because they'd see nothing of the returns. Simply because there would be very little return in anything that can be classed as an appropriate enough time.

4. Don't see how using people as slaves or robots & taking advantage of them can be classed as fun!

5. Doubt having a few thousand primitives on your side could be classed as anything like an empire. The SGC can't go around boasting about Pegasus because nobody from the MW will ever get to see it. The same for Pegasus because they won't ever reach the MW. For an empire in the SG universe, you first need a fleet of powerful ships. No use having planets under your control if a Hive simply shows up in orbit one day & begins culling, or a fleet comes if theya re tipped off about construction of materials that will ultimately be used against them. Either that or Asurans detect it via their scanners & come.

Either of which scenarios will see your ass get handed to you very quickly. So before trying to do anything with planets, the first priority is to get ships up & running....a lot of them!

Ultimately humans would only be good for mining materials etc. However a better way would be to come across a Lantean or Wraith construction facility & simply use that to build your ships. It's far more advanced & more efficient than letting primitive humans screw around with things which they'll never truly understand.

IOf you ever found a planet that needed mining, then you wouldn't need to enslave anyone, you simply do a deal that guarantees them protection from the Wraith. Maybe relocating them to a safer planet etc. Others you could help with Earth technologies for farming, construction etc. You simply let them mine the materials, without telling them what it's for. They ever get caught 7 they can't give you or your plans away.

That's the best option, not only morally, but your far more likely to get better & more dedicated workmanship from such people than you ever would be constantly mis-treating them. If they thought that their efforts would one day rid them of the Wraith, I'm sure that would motivate them continually to work harder & harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Athosian Death facilitator View Post

4.good fun mate.

Nice idea. They aren't very advanced probably, but they can advance quickly if we just teach them. Or we could just tell them exactly what to do even if they don't understand. You think Ori worshipers that built their ships know anything about how they work?

Comment

No it is a terrible idea for the same reasons that the Ancients should not do the same to us, as already touched upon many times.

Step back and think "Why are SG-1 fighting the Ori", if the answer dosnt tell you this is a terrible idea then I cant really help you.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
              Nice idea. They aren't very advanced probably, but they can advance quickly if we just teach them. Or we could just tell them exactly what to do even if they don't understand. You think Ori worshipers that built their ships know anything about how they work?
              How do you not know that the Priors implanted such knowledge into their workers before construction began!

Comment

Working...
              X