A Matter of Faith, Part One (323)

Stargate: Horizon - Season Three
    "A Matter of Faith, Part One"

"A Matter of Faith, Part One"
    Ep: 3.23
    Release Date: May 17, 2007
    Story by Alex Rubit & Mike Coakley
    Teleplay by Alex Rubit

As a fateful battle takes place between the Vorian and Kih'Andari fleets, Dureg takes extreme measures to ensure that he will get what he desires.
    Outstanding
    57.14%
    Good
    42.86%
    Fair
    0.00%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    0.00%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

=)

Comment

The ultimate battle begins, as the season finale kicks off today!

"A Matter of Faith, Part One" is now available at the following link:

http://uk.geocities.com/alex_stargat...r_of_faith.pdf

Enjoy. And make sure to stop back here for comments and discussion. We'd all be very interested to see what you think.

Comment

Ooh, epic... Space battle was cool.

It was a neat twist that Adari was the last Guardian. I was expecting Ca'vel after his little moment of worry - what's he up to, then? Spying..?

Looking forward to next week.

Comment

cool episode, any chance of getting the next episode, whole I do not know like now.

nice space battle, surprise that only three extra earth vessels showed up pretty pitiable given the size of the battle.

It a shame that the book was book, I though thinking you was gonna be a tiny bit more original than that.

I am surprise it was adaris is the 4th guardian.

But I really do not see anyway the Dar'esh lecia can be stopped now, guest vorian gonna lay in rubble.

I wonder Dureg know where the book is.

Comment

Very good. It was a nice twist when Sivea killed that Enoly. There is much anticipation for the next part. Pity it'll be the last for a few months.
            O'NEILL: For all we know, Daniel could came walking in that door right now.
            [Cut to shot of the door]
            [Cut back to O'Neill]
            O'NEILL: Any time now.
            [Cut back to door]

Comment

Very nice episode.

I liked the battle, but was surprised when the Kih'Andari leed ship still got away... I can't think of a way to stop it now, especially since they're planning on exiting hyperspace close to the planet's surface.

At one point while reading, i was wondering 'Hm, how would it be in Enoly now...?'
              A few moments later I got an answer. And it stil makes me wonder what Dureg is up to...

And about who's going to die, wich cast member... it wouldn't surprise me if it were someone on the Bellerophon. But on the other hand... it isn't that interesting if it's predictable.

Let the season finale come!

Comment

Well you just answer how they could stop them, be predicting Dur'reg little moneuver and then crashing the Bellerophon right into the ship, as they exit hyperspace exactly where dur'reg vessel is, that the only way I can think of them being able to stopped them.

A other one is that the book it self has powers and block the ship weapons effects so to protect the ones who are their to receive is gifts.

Comment

As always, thanks to everyone who's commented so far. Hoping to see some more fan reactions.

And now off to my usual round of responses.

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                  Ooh, epic... Space battle was cool.

It was a neat twist that Adari was the last Guardian. I was expecting Ca'vel after his little moment of worry - what's he up to, then? Spying..?
                  It was a twist we were all pretty happy with, and if you look back at the season it makes sense. Now you see Adari's real reason for having always been opposed to us trying to find this Book. Not because she thought it was a waste of time, but because she knew it was her responsibility to ensure no one finds it before the time is right.

This is a great example of something working best when it comes out of the blue, as we definitely didn't plan this when the season started. In fact, I think we didn't know until we broke 3.23. So there you go.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                    cool episode, any chance of getting the next episode, whole I do not know like now.
                    Doing some final polishing on 3.24, and I must say it's looking pretty good.

nice space battle, surprise that only three extra earth vessels showed up pretty pitiable given the size of the battle.
                    Earth only sent the ships that were in the area, which was only three. But it's better than nothing, especially considering the reaction Grant got back in 3.22 when he made the request.

Gotta wonder, by the way, if we'll ever see this Evan Parke fellow again.

It a shame that the book was book, I though thinking you was gonna be a tiny bit more original than that.
                    Is it really a book. Or does it just appear to be merely a book?

I am surprise it was adaris is the 4th guardian.
                    Glad to hear you were suprised. That was the idea.

But I really do not see anyway the Dar'esh lecia can be stopped now, guest vorian gonna lay in rubble.

I wonder Dureg know where the book is.
                    Some good questions there.

Comment

Originally posted by The Maneuver View Post
                      Very good. It was a nice twist when Sivea killed that Enoly.
                      I loved that moment too. We were talking about different ways for how this beat could go down (originally this was part of a story document for 3.22 that ended up changing pretty severely). And I just like the idea that it comes so quickly and surprisingly, without too many words.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancala View Post
                        And about who's going to die, wich cast member... it wouldn't surprise me if it were someone on the Bellerophon. But on the other hand... it isn't that interesting if it's predictable.
                        Check out this thread for some hints about this: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=43969

Is someone really going to die? All I said was that someone would be leaving the main cast. And what we do know now is that one of the characters will be going on a very special journey, which will lead to an interesting and ultimately surprising arc in Season Four.

Comment

if you ask me, the enoly safeguards in the component will still explode when they try to fire the weapon. it's the only element already set into place in previous episodes that have yet to be re-explored.
                          my theory at least. My bets are the bellerophon will survive and be SGH's new ship for awhile.

Comment

Oh, and there I was again. That Percival is a fantastic character. Great pilot too! Anyway, nice episode. Nice to see we're finally moving forward! The eppy had quite a few twists and turns, all of which were pretty interesting. But then they're all been pointed out so I'll not mention those.

But what I will talk about is 'ship! Has TPTB finally decided to give us some 'ship? Is it really possible that they'll be getting Sivea and Grant together?! Saw some potential stuff in there for it.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

My favorite moment was easily when Sivea killed Grovin. I was somewhat expecting it as I slightly remembered it but it was a really great moment that went down so well in my head. I also loved the earlier vision. I imagine that it would have been fantastic on screen.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                              X