Sheraton Hotel

Guests Include (as of 21 October 2007):
    Andee Frizzell
    Cliff Simon
    Corin Nemec
    Dan Payne
    Alex Zahara
    Gary Jones
    Dean Haglund (special guest of Gary Jones)
    Bruce Woloshyn (Special Effects Master from Rainmaker Digital)
    Richard Dean Anderson
    Capt. Paul Watson (The Sea Shepherd Conservation Society)

OK...I know its way early, but is anyone else planning/thinking of attending this Con?

I thought I would give this one a try. I love Vancouver, I love meeting the fans at conventions and well, I'm thinking by August, there should be less rain to contend with.

Anyone??? Anyone????

*waits patiently....*
    Last edited by Gate Geek; 21 October 2007, 12:10 PM.
    sigpic

If I'm still up here in the Pacific Northwest then, I'd be interested in hearing more. Yes, August is a gorgeous time of year in the area - temps in the upper 60s and 70s, more sun (usually!), and it's whale-watching season!
    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten View Post
      If I'm still up here in the Pacific Northwest then, I'd be interested in hearing more. Yes, August is a gorgeous time of year in the area - temps in the upper 60s and 70s, more sun (usually!), and it's whale-watching season!

So what can we do to ensure you stay in the pacific northwest then? It would be nice to meet more GW people. Especailly names I recognize.

I'm hoping later in the year, we'll get some juicy details. GateCon OZ scheduled for next April already has guests and tickets for sale.....
      sigpic

Comment

If you can find me a marine mammal training job in the area, I'll definitely stay!

I'd love to meet more GWers, too! I've met a few folks, particularly from the Weir threads, and they've become great real-life friends. I'd love to meet more!
        "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
        My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Count me in!

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
            Count me in!
            Wow! VancouverCon and GateCon??? You are one lucky girl!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you again. Maybe this time I won't be sick and can have lots more fun with everybody.
            sigpic

Comment

August 21, 2008....the day I turn 28. Happy Birthday to me? It's possible...

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
              Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by erinanderson View Post
                August 21, 2008....the day I turn 28. Happy Birthday to me? It's possible...
                Well what better way than to celebrate in Vancouver!!! Maybe they'll get Michael just for you.
                sigpic

Comment

throwing birthday confetti...

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                    Well what better way than to celebrate in Vancouver!!! Maybe they'll get Michael just for you.
                    Wearing nothing but a big red bow? *wishful thinking*

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
                    Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by erinanderson View Post
                      Wearing nothing but a big red bow? *wishful thinking*
                      uh...wouldn't the bow be a PITA in the hot tub filled with bubbles? *wishful thinking on your behalf*

OK.....any specualtion on the guests? We got over a year...nothing like the present to start speculating.
                      sigpic

Comment

If I can get the time-off, I might go there. I heard GateCon is so much more 'entertaining the fan' than Creation's
                        sigpic
                        sig.by : lilferret

Comment

I may skip the Creation con in April so that I can spend more time at Gatecon. I have a feeling it will be more fun. Maybe Joe Mallozzi will show up dressed as Ba'al....like he did before.

Comment

Gatecon doesn't charge extortionist rates like Creation does and while their organizational skills aren't always perfect, they ARE a fan run operation and that makes the general atmosphere more friendly and less... corporate, IMO.

Of course, for me half the problem is getting to Vancouver, but if I lived closer I'd probably go, even though I'm not as into the shows as I used to be.

Joe has shown up at past Gatecons. And Colin Cunningham will probably movie into the hotel for it. And JR of course. And a few other usual suspects. lol

Comment

I'm hoping that there will be Bridge Set tour tickets available apart from the stage talks. If they are combined like it is for Creation, then that would be ok....depending on the price. I pray that there won't be the on-line auction like there was before.

Comment

Working...
                              X