Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do the Cylons feel so much pain when they resurect?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do the Cylons feel so much pain when they resurect?

In 3E03, the Brother Cabal says that the first time he reserected, that he felt only a headache, but after the third time, its more and more painful.

Why is this anyways?
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

As far as I know the resurrection pain has not been explained.

Also...his name is Cavil not Cabal.

Comment

It seems to get worse for every resurrection. It hasn't been officially explained, but I do have a theory: it's to make the cylons forget faster what they saw between download and resurrection. D'Anna Biers was able to overcome that pain and that's why she found out who the other cylons were and was boxed.
      sigpic

Comment

My memory is fuzzy, but I think on the podcast for that episode (Exodus Part 1?), Moore said that they wanted there to be a price for the cylons' death, so they didn't just resurrect painlessly and without consequence. (Which could also help in further explaining why the resistance could have an effect on them.)

Comment

By downloading their consciousness into a new body(brain), they're effectivly shaping millions, billions, of brain cells together into neural nets identical to that of the previous brain in a matter of seconds or less. It sounds nasty, but brain cells don't actually 'feel' anything. It wouldn't hurt the first time much less get worse everytime it happened.

I say stick to jerkface's response--it's just a plot device. Nothing more.
          "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro."-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Baltar for President.

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
            It seems to get worse for every resurrection. It hasn't been officially explained, but I do have a theory: it's to make the cylons forget faster what they saw between download and resurrection. D'Anna Biers was able to overcome that pain and that's why she found out who the other cylons were and was boxed.
            That wasn't the reason per se, (for being boxed) only part of it.

The others decided that she had prophetic delusions and her "model" was fundamentaly flawed in this way.
            The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

Cause it's more interesting to watch than just "ooh, I'm awake".

Comment

Or it could be that death is a painful, traumatic experience. Wasn't that the reason Scar was so bitter?
                The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

He wasn't bitter, he was just good at what he does. I don't recall him ever dying before, and he hasn't been seen since.
                  http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
                  The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deadman View Post
                    He wasn't bitter, he was just good at what he does. I don't recall him ever dying before, and he hasn't been seen since.
                    IIRC in that episode Sharon said that Raiders can "reincarnate" and told Starbuck something along the lines of " it hates you as much as you hate it".

I think that the Resurrection ship was already destroyed by that point so when Scar was killed it died for good. Even if it did download..it would be into a new body...not a scarred one so we wouldn't know it.

Comment

I got the impression Scar had died numerous times, hence why he was so good.

"Death becomes a learning experience."

Comment

Originally posted by deadman View Post
                        scar died before.a lot. thats why he was so gfood. he couldnt ressurect because of the ship's explosin
                        they might have done it on purpose to be more human
                        Originally posted by cowpants
                        ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
                        Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        Rosilin for pres

Comment

I also think that the painful ressurections are mainly for dramatic effect. It makes for compelling viewing.

I can also see Moore's point. If resurrection was like snapping your fingers, perhaps the Cylons would never think about death or its possibility when in certain situations. There has to be some consequence, as Moore said.

Comment

Maybe the Cylon God forces them to watch the sound of music, before they're allowed to enter their new body. Certainly would make it a painful process

Comment

Working...
                            X