No announcement yet.

Sylar discussion, powers, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its just about the fruitiest video of all time. The guy has a slight resemblance.

Comment

That was definitely strange. Very, very strange.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

That was retarded...nothing even close to Sylar..

Comment

Ok, so assuming that this writers strike gets sorted out somewhat quick, and the series of Heroes does indeed continue, at some point, they are going to need to get rid of the bad guy.

Adam and all the other people we may think of Evil aside here, my main concern is Sylar, and how he will be disposed of at the end of the show. Logically thinking (ironic using that word seeing as how he is playing a Vulcan in a Trek movie), but anyway, realistically thinking here, there are only a number of ways that the threat he poses could be removed.

I'd like to share them with you...

The first way would be for Sylar to change. He is Evil, we know that, but what if something happened to him, and he became one of the good guys? I'm not talking one or two episodes here either, I am talking about permanently.

The second, would be down to Matt. Using his forced thoughts, he could either lock Sylar up in a dream for eternity, or, using the power of his mind, could 'tell' Sylar to kill himself, or to do something that would result in his own death.

The third would be to kill him with other powers (or not), by stabbing him through the heart, or by removing his head. I'm still debating whether or not Sylar actually has the regenerative ability.. We know he had some of Claire's blood, but we don't know if it is only temporary or not.

The forth, an addition to the third, would be down to our Friend the Haitian. His power, is the ability to block others, thus he could (before our other Heroes got involved) block Sylar's powers, allowing another Hero to kill him straight off.

Does anyone have any other theories as to how they could get rid of him?
          sigpic
          It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Yes, Sylar had Claire's blood, and it healed him, but we do not yet know whether this is a temporary, or permanent change. Whilst the subject of whether he has the regenerative power is still open for debate, I would like to address another matter.

Before I get started, I would like people to 'assume' that the regenerative power that Sylar now has is perminant.

Generally speaking, Sylar only kills other Heroes to acquire their power. In addition to them, he may on the odd occasion kill someone who he deems as a threat to him and his abilities.

The question then, if Sylar were to come across Claire, Adam, or anyone else with the ability to regenerate the way he now can, would he dispose of them, or would he leave them be?

In addition to this, I suppose you could ask the same question for others. If Sylar came across another Hero, of who's power he already had (lets say, he meets someone else who is telekinetic, or who has better hearing, or whatever), would his dispose of them, or just move on, leaving them be?

Thoughts?
            sigpic
            It's Probin' Time!

Comment

I don't think they'd be a high priority but my suspicion is he won't consider himself truly unique or special if there's someone wondering around out there able to do the same or similar. In Five Years Later he wanted to round up and kill all others with abilities. He didn't have all their abilities but their existence weakened his personal assessment of himself.
              Last edited by MarshAngel; 05 December 2007, 01:39 PM. Reason: fix typo

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Umm...Peter?

Comment

Originally posted by Tycoon View Post
                  Yes, Sylar had Claire's blood, and it healed him, but we do not yet know whether this is a temporary, or permanent change. Whilst the subject of whether he has the regenerative power is still open for debate, I would like to address another matter.

Before I get started, I would like people to 'assume' that the regenerative power that Sylar now has is perminant.

Generally speaking, Sylar only kills other Heroes to acquire their power. In addition to them, he may on the odd occasion kill someone who he deems as a threat to him and his abilities.

The question then, if Sylar were to come across Claire, Adam, or anyone else with the ability to regenerate the way he now can, would he dispose of them, or would he leave them be?

In addition to this, I suppose you could ask the same question for others. If Sylar came across another Hero, of who's power he already had (lets say, he meets someone else who is telekinetic, or who has better hearing, or whatever), would his dispose of them, or just move on, leaving them be?

Thoughts?

The thing with sylar is that he isn't too concerned with most people. All he wants is ultimate power and ultimate control. He kills to get powers cos that's what he has to do to get them and he has no remourse for it but he views anyone else as insects. He'll squash them if they get annoying but for the most part he'll ignore them.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Vash View Post
                    Umm...Peter?
                    What about him?

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
                      What about him?
                      I think he meant that Peter would be, ultimately, the greatest threat to Sylar, but also the greatest prize. UNfortuantely for Sylar, no matter how many unique powers he gains, the second he comes close enough to Peter, Peter gets all those powers too and Sylar has lost his advantage. Whether or not Sylar knows the full extent of Peter's power is questionable though.

Although, he did have access to Mohinder's computer in Powerless, so he might know all about Peter and have a new list of people to hunt down.
                      sigpic

Comment

You could use the Haitian to either wipe his mind of the knowledge of his powers or wipe his mind of the knowledge that he's an evil murderous villain. Or my vote...BOTH!
                        sigpic

Comment

He could win. And the other Heroes die.

Comment

I seriously doubt Sylar has the regenerative ability, he wasn't able to get Claire's brain and the healing we did see was simply the result of her blood. That being said, Sylar could always be done in if someone took a page out of Jokey Smurfs book and gave him a nice big package bomb trussed up like a pretty present. Sylar won't be able to resist something like that.
                            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

he would dispose of others with redundant powers, and i dont think clairs blood will always work, Nathan had it and it seems to have wore off when he was shot. I think it will only heal with minor injuries after that. So Noah Bennett would have some healing ability now.
                              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Eventually, yeah, Sylar will have to die. But seriously, it doesn't have to be anytime soon. He could remain a baddy for quite some time IMO.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X