X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if Weir have her way.

What if Weir have her way
    Spoiler:
    and abandon the idea of striking the Replicator shipyard on their home planet and enabling the Replicator make their way to Earth.

Will Earth criminalize Dr. Weir for her dereliction of her duties? Tell me what you think.
    Last edited by Skydiver; 14 May 2007, 12:41 PM.
    sigpic
    The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm assuming this episode hasnt' aired in the U.S. yet. When you post, can you please note that you are including information about episode "___"? That would be great for those of us wishing to avoid spoilers.

Thanks!
    Emerald
    Emerald
    ~ Ninja Squirrel ~ Attack Squirrel ~
    I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Comment

Yes! I'm sure they would! I mean they've already given her a hard time in eps. "no man land" and "missbegotten",so it wouldn't be the first time.
      sigpic

Comment

This ep has not aired in the USA. you should probably put text relating to this ep in spoiler tags
        Spoilers for first strike

Spoiler:
        Sooner or later the replicators would have come to Atlantis/Earth anyway. They obviously knew what we were going to do so they build that satellite and set it to destroy Atlantis. with Atlantis out of the way Earth would not know when the replicators were coming

They would have probably given Weir a hard time though- as we have seen it alot
        Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
        sigpic
        sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

I believe Weir was wrong and they did the right thing.

Spoiler:
          I can see the "talking to the asurans" working already.

Dear replicators. Please stop making big ships to go and blow up earth or we will be scary and menacing and make a whole lot of 50% empty threats!

The entire intention was to slow them down while they finished the PWARW's. They didnt attack the Asuran cities or anything like that - just the ships they were building. Weir was ONLY concerned with Atlantis, when at least Shep got the big picture. You dont build that many ships to attack Atlantis. Delaying would give them a run at earth - which doesnt have even half the technology of Atlantis.
          Also the Asuran/replicators are programmed to fight - and thats it. Talking to them was always going to be pointless.

So yes - if she had stopped the attack, she would have been criminally negligent IMO. She was willing to risk the billions of lives on earth in hope to avoid the Asuran's making a retaliatory attack on Atlantis. Selfish to boot!
          : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
          : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

Originally posted by SG13-NightOps View Post
            I believe Weir was wrong and they did the right thing.

Spoiler:
            I can see the "talking to the asurans" working already.

Dear replicators. Please stop making big ships to go and blow up earth or we will be scary and menacing and make a whole lot of 50% empty threats!

The entire intention was to slow them down while they finished the PWARW's. They didnt attack the Asuran cities or anything like that - just the ships they were building. Weir was ONLY concerned with Atlantis, when at least Shep got the big picture. You dont build that many ships to attack Atlantis. Delaying would give them a run at earth - which doesnt have even half the technology of Atlantis.
            Also the Asuran/replicators are programmed to fight - and thats it. Talking to them was always going to be pointless.

So yes - if she had stopped the attack, she would have been criminally negligent IMO. She was willing to risk the billions of lives on earth in hope to avoid the Asuran's making a retaliatory attack on Atlantis. Selfish to boot!
            As much as I support the diplomatic solution generally, in this case I believe you are right.
            Spoiler:
            The Asurans have already proven that they are unwilling to negotiate, and they were already building the ships. I know humans as a race can be somewhat paranoid at times, but I can't think of another purpose for those ships besides attacking someone, and it's unlikely it would be the Wraith, because the Ancients tried fighting them that way and lost - that's why the Asurans were created in the first place. Considering they were merrily heading to Atlantis to blow it up last time, it's a pretty safe bet that Atlantis or Earth was the intended target. And given the timeline in which they were building the ships, Earth didn't have a great deal of time to respond before the Asurans were knocking on the doorstep. So while I agree with Wier that this plan was rushed and showed little regard for Atlantis and it's inhabitants, I don't believe they had a great deal of choice, nor time to implement any other, more preferable, plans either.

BTW - I agree about adjusting the title to include a spoiler warning. Then we can just post without burying it under spoiler tags.
            sigpic
            My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

There's no reason to believe the Asurans had any designs on Earth, their only interest is Atlantis and assuming that the humans are sane they'd assume Atlantis was fully powered with three ZPMs. In other words that fleet was solely meant for an attack on Atlantis. Remember when fully powered the City was an unassailable fortress, they'd need evry ship in that fleet to even have a shot of taking the City.

Comment

Working...
              X