This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor Resolution in EndGame

It annoys me, as particularly silly the ending to Endgame.

They've overpowered the majority of the people on board the cloaked alkesh, but they decide to quickly tag the gate and decide to transport, why not just stay on the alkesh and take over from that single chick, or why not quickly run to the engine room or whatever and disable the hyperdrive, or do any number of things. Even when Daniel first came aboard, destroy the command controls as well as the crystals. Steal the keyboards, to prevent entering further commands from that area, any number of things.

It annoys me greatly, they could have easily stolen the ship back.

It wasn't their choice. The Prometheus, with the help of O'Neill, had to make some quick decisions. For all they knew, someone had been shot.

Comment

I don't agree that they could have easily retaken the ship. It would have taken time to get down to the engine room and overpower the last member of the Trust. In theory, she could even have barricaded herself in there for a few hours, holding them off for some time.

By the time they got there and overpowered her, they'd be who knew where in the galaxy - with no guarantees they'd quickly find a way back home. They hadn't a clue where the Trust member was heading for.

Carter made the decision instead to ensure that she got the Stargate back - which in my view was the correct and best choice in the circumstances.

Albion
      Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by chris_h
        It wasn't their choice. The Prometheus, with the help of O'Neill, had to make some quick decisions. For all they knew, someone had been shot.
        Daniel, Teal'c, and Sam didn't need to be near the beacon. One of them could have set it, then run.

They could have easily gotten to the engine room, and pulled a hyperdrive control crystal, or something, then when the girl came down to investigate, zat her. Fix the hyperdrive, get back to earth, and then they have an Anubis enhanced ship.
        sigpic

Comment

As I said in the Endgame thread, did they even know how many other people were on board the Al'kesh? If you don't know what resistance there is I wouldn't really put my bets on a team consisting of an Air Force Colonel, a First Prime and an Archeologist.

BYE
          "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

They could have easily gotten to the engine room, and pulled a hyperdrive control crystal, or something, then when the girl came down to investigate, zat her
            Again - how much time would that have taken? The hyperdrive engines were already powered up and the Trust member ready to hit launch. By the time they did all that you suggest, they'd have been halfway across the galaxy with no guarantees they'd get back home. They could have been stranded or take years to get back, for all they knew.

Albion
            Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

i think you are forgetting that daniel tried to use the computers initially (hes the only one who can enter the access codes written in ancient) but he got "access denied" so even if they had stayed on and zatted the women, they would have no way of taking control of the ship.

Also, zatting hyperdrive control crystals could cause an overload etc

Comment

I would have thought that after she entered the command lines to start the hyperdrive the controls would have been activated, and I would be very disbelieving that Carter wouldn't be able to navigate back.

Perhaps there would have been more people on board, but it was an alkesh right, not that big, and surely there would have been more comm chatter, instead of just one person requesting for communication, if there were more, that same lady would have radioed her other cohorts and inform them of a possible situation.

And while the person is piloting the Alkesh through Hyperspace they'd be vulnerable to attack.

Comment

Originally posted by DOOPY_LOOPY
                  I would have thought that after she entered the command lines to start the hyperdrive the controls would have been activated, and I would be very disbelieving that Carter wouldn't be able to navigate back.
                  Right...she could. Unless the Trust women does something like, oh, say, booby trap the ship.

Comment

I wonder if the Al'kesh install one of those modified communication orb, the one Major Mayborune use in "Shade of Grey", i mean they could keep in contact with their earth counterpart , and continue to steal technologies like they did in "Shade of Grey"

And what if they repair the cloak , will they return and get more poison , they don't have to use the beaming tech , they can just cloak and land in places with low security, like South America, The US air space is probably too risky to land, but they still could with the cloak.

And what kind of monkey is running the Trust, if the Goa'uld figure out they would attack Earth with full force , and the Trust's bio attack would be a perfect excuse if the Asgard ask them why.
                    And why didn't they use Stargate from outerworld instead of stealing Earth's one and only gate, they got a cloaked ship , with beaming technologies and hyperdrive, no one will be any wiser until it is too late.

Comment

Working...
                    X