Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

:DO NOT POST: The Carson Beckett Fic of DOOM Development Thread S3 & S4 SPOILERS

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:DO NOT POST: The Carson Beckett Fic of DOOM Development Thread S3 & S4 SPOILERS

.:After seeing my idea for the return of Carson...

Spoiler:
    .:Alright, I was feeling exceptionally lazy, so I just copy-pasted from where I'd posted it at ADB.

.:My theory floats around [some of] these, but it's not quite the same.

.:Some point after Misbegotten: Michael is now rogue. Michael and the Asurans have a common enemy. Michael especially dislikes Carson. Michael makes an alliance with the Asurans to help them get intel and/or infiltrate Atlantis if they help him get Carson. The idea of replacing Carson comes up, because it would serve both purposes. However, to do this, it would need to be the most sophisticated and real replicator ever created. The Wraith use organic technology. The Asurans fuse their technology with the organic Wraith technology that Michael provides. RepliCarson is born, complete with all the functions of a real human, and a secret sub-space transmitter which will broadcast continuously once activated.

.:Flash forward to The Return, Part Two: At some point during the retaking of Atlantis, Carson and his replicator clone are switched after Carson's memories and brain activity are copied and implanted into the replicator. They are now practically indistinguishable. RepliCarson has no idea that he is not human, and is "woken up" back where he was before he was taken. He has no memory of his "birth." Carson, incapacitated, is secreted back to the Asuran homeworld, Michael in tow, and is imprisoned there.

.:(Referring to events in Episode 320: First Strike) As the Earth-built weapons platform Horizon is bombarding the Asuran homeworld, Carson is probably 'gated to another planet for safekeeping.

.:I'm thinking that they'll discover Carson either: a] imprisoned aboard an Asuran ship once they catch up with Atlantis for their retribution and the 'final battle' is taking place, or b] completely alone and in need of therapy after escaping to another planet, trying and failing to dial the now-spaceborne Atlantis, and having to make his own way whilst avoiding his enemies.

.:...in the How Will He Return Thread, an idea for a massive Carson-centric fic sprung into existence amongst a few more creative Carsonites. This thread is for the development of said fanfiction, the rending of flesh, and the barely subdued panic of the co-authors.

.:The co-authors are as follows:

.:Confirmed:

.:Haliyah
    .:scifi_lemon
    .:HyperCaz
    .:Jersey13

.:Rules of the Thread

.:- If you are not one of the co-authors, do not contribute unless you have something fantastic for us. Even then, please exercise your ability to personal message.

.:- Each co-author will have his/her own distinctive post colour or format. I'd like the difference between who said what to be obvious to the point of redundancy. Anything posted in black will be considered off-topic chatter, which is fine. It just won't really be counted as having to do with the story. This is necessary for organization.

.:Each author will have one post reserved for them, where their concrete, much discussed, plot-forwarding ideas shall be contained. If there are enough ideas that you run out of character room, make a list in a graphics program and post the image.

.:Do not post again until everyone has had a chance to post their idea post. This will just make things easier in the long run.

.:I will post more policy as I think of it.
    Last edited by Haliyah; 15 June 2007, 06:36 PM.

.:HALIYAH'S POST:.

.::Content Idea 01 - Delusional Psychosis
    Spoiler:
    Rodney advanced slowly, keeping his hands near his head, close to his radio and far away from anything dangerous. Carson backed farther into the corner; gun raised, eyes never leaving him. Rodney swallowed visibly. If eyes were windows to the soul, than his had frozen over.

“Carson, it’s…it’s me, Rodney.”

“Aye. Ah remember ye.”

Carson’s accent had thickened in his time away from Atlantis, and his voice croaked a little. Whether it was from stress of some sort or the atmospheric grit of the planet, Rodney didn’t know. His voice was detached, and harboured a desperate malevolence that Rodney hadn’t even thought the kind Scot was capable of.

“Ah remember ye well. Meredeth…Rodneh…McKeh.”

Each of these words was punctuated with a slight sideways nod of his head, almost imperceptible to someone who wasn’t looking. A slow, lazy grin spread wide across his face, doing nothing to dispel Rodney’s apprehension. He backed up half a step without even realizing it.

“Claustrophobec, hypoglycaemec, and allergec to maneh thengs too numerous t’ mention ‘n yet too bothersome tae egnore. Arrogant, laoud, ‘n bad weth people.”

The grin vanished as quickly as it had come. Carson tilted his head to the side and shut his eyes. The barrel of the gun quivered a little, but the rest of him was dangerously still. Rodney blanched, and took another step back, tapping his ear reflexively. When Carson opened his eyes again, he appeared to be contemplating something that Rodney couldn’t see, and wasn’t sure he wanted to.

“So bad weth people, enfact…that ye left yeh’re best friend t’die.”

Carson stood suddenly upright, his back ruler-straight and rigid. He was practically vibrating. He stepped forward into the brighter light from the grate above, and what Rodney saw in his bloodshot eyes at that moment truly frightened him. Anger. Hate. Pain.

Betrayal.

The gun was no longer quivering.

Rodney was becoming quickly terrified.

“We didn’t leave you! We didn’t even know that you weren’t you!”

Rodney regretted those words the moment they were out of his mouth. Carson’s voice was deadly calm, and his hand was tight on the stock of the gun.

“Aye, thah’s th’ kicker, innit?”

Rodney had begun to hyperventilate.

“Oh God…Carson, that’s not…you can’t think…”

Carson cocked the gun. Utter panic welled up inside Rodney. He did the only thing he could think of.

“Atlantis, this is McKay! Requesti-”

The last thing Elizabeth heard before the signal cut off was a single gunshot.
    Last edited by Haliyah; 15 May 2007, 04:47 AM.

Comment

SCIFI_LEMON'S POST Great rules and outline btw!
      click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

is so NOT tentative
        ...wait what is this for?

Comment

Umm, well, I guess we can try it.

Comment

Originally posted by Haliyah View Post
            .:HALIYAH'S POST:.

.::Content Idea 01 - Delusional Psychosis
            Spoiler:
            Rodney advanced slowly, keeping his hands near his head, close to his radio and far away from anything dangerous. Carson backed farther into the corner; gun raised, eyes never leaving him. Rodney swallowed visibly. If eyes were windows to the soul, than his had frozen over.

“Carson, it’s…it’s me, Rodney.”

“Aye. Ah remember ye.”

Carson’s accent had thickened in his time away from Atlantis, and his voice croaked a little. Whether it was from stress of some sort or the atmospheric grit of the planet, Rodney didn’t know. His voice was detached, and harboured a desperate malevolence that Rodney hadn’t even thought the kind Scot was capable of.

“Ah remember ye well. Meredeth…Rodneh…McKeh.”

Each of these words was punctuated with a slight sideways nod of his head, almost imperceptible to someone who wasn’t looking. A slow, lazy grin spread wide across his face, doing nothing to dispel Rodney’s apprehension. He backed up half a step without even realizing it.

“Claustrophobec, hypoglycaemec, and allergec to maneh thengs too numerous t’ mention ‘n yet too bothersome tae egnore. Arrogant, laoud, ‘n bad weth people.”

The grin vanished as quickly as it had come. Carson tilted his head to the side and shut his eyes. The barrel of the gun quivered a little, but the rest of him was dangerously still. Rodney blanched, and took another step back, tapping his ear reflexively. When Carson opened his eyes again, he appeared to be contemplating something that Rodney couldn’t see, and wasn’t sure he wanted to.

“So bad weth people, enfact…that ye left yeh’re best friend t’die.”

Carson stood suddenly upright, his back ruler-straight and rigid. He was practically vibrating. He stepped forward into the brighter light from the grate above, and what Rodney saw in his bloodshot eyes at that moment truly frightened him. Anger. Hate. Pain.

Betrayal.

The gun was no longer quivering.

Rodney was becoming quickly terrified.

“We didn’t leave you! We didn’t even know that you weren’t you!”

Rodney regretted those words the moment they were out of his mouth. Carson’s voice was deadly calm, and his hand was tight on the stock of the gun.

“Aye, thah’s th’ kicker, innit?”

Rodney had begun to hyperventilate.

“Oh God…Carson, that’s not…you can’t think…”

Carson cocked the gun. Utter panic welled up inside Rodney. He did the only thing he could think of.

“Atlantis, this is McKay! Requesti-”

The last thing Elizabeth heard before the signal cut off was a single gunshot.

OOOOOOh so good!!!!!! I could see that happening....but do you think Carson would really kill Rodney? Still, great writing! We should work this in... perhaps he shoots but he can't bring himself to kill Rodney and the bullet just grazes him. ANGST+WHUMP=Yayness!
            Last edited by scifi_lemon; 15 May 2007, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
              OOOOOOh so good!!!!!! I could see that happening....but do you think Carson would really kill Rodney? Still, great writing! We should work this in... perhaps he shoots but he can't bring himself to kill Rodney and the bullet just grazes him. ANGST+WHUMP=Yayness!
              Thanks! Woohoo for angst and whump and yayness!!! >w<

Comment

Originally posted by Haliyah View Post
                Thanks! Woohoo for angst and whump and yayness!!! >w<
                Glad we're on the same page then

Comment

Working...
                X