This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite/Least favorite character?

Who are your favorite and least favorite characters in Stargate Atlantis and what would you like to see happen with them in season 4?

My favorite would have to be Shepherd. If only there were as many Shepherd centric episodes as McKay it would be perfect. Also, they need to have some episodes of when he was an Ancient. *wishes*

My least favorite.. Personally, I can't stand Weir. She's incredibly arrogant and overly cocky while she's supposed to be some masterful negotiator. She always has to stamp her foot down whenever there's a new military commander and always thinks she's in charge. I think reducing her to recurring next season is the best move.

Edit: Actually, Teyla has to be my least favorite. I would prefer Weir just written differently and left on the show in one form or another, but Teyla needs to go. I think everyone has already covered why she's annoying and I agree.

What about you? Give reasons as to why you like/dislike said character.
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; 12 May 2007, 02:54 PM.
    Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

how about we try something with this

each person that wants to, state who you like, who you don't like

don't debate with others, don't argue, don't bash, don't be 'bad'

just state your likes/dislikes

respect others who state theirs

and let's see if this thread can last longer than a day without the mods having to come in and break up a fight
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I like Mckay the best for multiple reasons, mostly the fact that he is the most interesting character on Atlantis (followed by Carson (still mourning)), the rest are typical something something characters or just underdeveloped.

I dislike Weir the most, for all the same reasons as the OP stated.

Comment

Well, my favorite character on Atlantis is Weir. I dont think the character has been written well at all though (more development is needed). For season 4, I'd like to see her be more of a negotiator and go on a few more missions. Especially if it requires a treaty negotiation.

My least favorite on the show is Teyla. IMO she just doesn't add much to the team dynamic at all. But I must add, that the character hasn't been written well at all, either (more development is needed).
        Last edited by Suzotchka; 11 May 2007, 08:21 AM.

Comment

My favorite character is Dr. Kate Heightmeyer. I just wish they would use the psychologist more, cause I'm pretty sure there's enough work for her to do.
          Of the main cast, it's Teyla who I find interesting, and they should do more with her than just put her in an episode to look pretty. Teyla has so much potential, it's an untapped source of fabulous stories.

I don't really have a character I don't like... Let me think... Lucius maybe, but when I come to think of it... This position might be filled with Carter real soon, I'm afraid. Lucius is just plain annoying.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

My favorite character is Dr. Weir, the lady in red, unjustly seen as arrogant as virtually every woman who is put in charge of something. My least favorite characters are Ronon and Teyla. Either the writers come up with better stuff for them, or at least one should be replaced by a more talkative and engaging character to break the Sheppard and McKay monopoly. But I suspect Carter would take their place as my least fav character if I decided to watch the show next season. I'm OK with all the other SGA characters: Sheppard, McKay, Beckett, Zelenka and so forth.
            Last edited by mcbarr; 11 May 2007, 10:25 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Favorite character is McKay.

Least Favorite is Teyla.

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
                Favorite character is McKay.

Least Favorite is Teyla.
                Any particular reasons why you choose these two?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Any particular reasons why you choose these two?
                  I believe the mod said this was not a debate. Simply state your preferences.

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
                    I believe the mod said this was not a debate. Simply state your preferences.
                    I'm not debating, I'm just wondering why. Everyone else has stated why.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      I'm not debating, I'm just wondering why. Everyone else has stated why.
                      Fine. McKay I find the most interesting. Teyla does nothing, contributes nothing (except channeling Deanna Troi, "I feel the wraith" nothingness), and if she disappeard tomorrow, no one would notice.

Happy now?

Comment

My favorite would have to be Weir. She is completely, totally and wonderfully imperfect. She is written as a woman in a man’s world who relies on her smarts and not her boobs, (which is a rarity in fiction, especially sci fi. LOL) Weir is fiercely dedicated to her people and its obvious that the feeling is mutual. Plus, I like the fact that she is a civilian coping with, and trying to balance, a military mind set which is far different than her own. Lastly, she lends an emotional resonance to SGA which raises the show a couple of levels over the typical action/adventure fluff.

I don’t really have a least favorite. But if forced to choose, I’d have to go with McKay. I find his arrogance so unpleasant and cringe worthy at times, it’s difficult to watch. Plus, because TPTB have almost exclusively written for him and Sheppard, he is forced to tag along on all kinds of missions where he doesn’t belong in order to keep the dialogue moving. I must admit that McKay does have his moments, lots of them actually, but sometimes its just tough getting there.
                        sigpic

Comment

So Moddy...you're saying I should post, as long as people don't get crazy, huh?! We'll see how long that lasts. But I'll participate.

Favorite Character: Mckay! Why? He's a bloody fantastic. He's your chronic uber-egotistical genius who's a social failure. I like that about him, he's a conundrum, when he does or reacts to something it's bound to be surprising. He's not predictable---so even if he gives you this sort of scooby-doo mentality, he does stand by those he believes in and he's extremely caring and ridiculously loyal. I adore him.

Least Favorite: Weir! Why? She's been the worst displayed character. Inconsistent to the point of nausea. Too few moments where I found her commendable surrounded by a massive display of ineptitude. One moment she's ready to test a chemical that might kill a wraith----next moment she wants the wraith to live. I don't know, she just doesn't make sense. It's really sad, the character is given a lot of on screen time, or was, more so than the other female characters and yet...~sigh~

-Well then there is John. But at least John is consistent---how many times am I gonna hear, "We don't leave anyone behind!"

What makes this interesting is that I haven't even said anything from what TH has said about Weir in her interviews. Meh...what can one do?!
                          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Favorite: McKay, hes fantastic and mostly holds the show up and keeps it funny.

Least Favorite: Wier, she seems awkward. I just don't like her acting shes kind of like Landry.

Comment

favorite - mckay
                              least favorite/hate-teyla

Comment

Working...
                              X