This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha Site?

Do you think that the Alpha, Beta, or even Gamma Sites have irises? It would make sense, but I have never heard anything mentioned of them.

: Green is Good.
    sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

im assuming they would but i dont think we can be sure because there locations are kept secret to most people except to the SGC, tok'ra, jaffa (not sure about now) etc...they might not have the need to have one.
    I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

I think earlier they didn't because teams would sometimes gate to Alpha Site in emergencies and maybe they did that because they didn't have irises. I could be wrong.

Comment

I am prity sure now there will have but when there were just rubbishey tents like they have in atlantis now i dont think did have.
        sigpic
        Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
        Metal gear fan

Comment

We may never know. They haven't shown the Alpha site for years. I liked the newest one that was like a mini SGC. They should have used it more than 3 or so episodes.

Vala,

Comment

I definitely think that our off-world sites have irises. It'd be foolish not to have them for added protection from unforeseen enemies coming through the gate.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
              We may never know. They haven't shown the Alpha site for years. I liked the newest one that was like a mini SGC. They should have used it more than 3 or so episodes.

Vala,
              Yea, after the bugs over ran it... Actually i am surprised they did not have more than just that one 'base' off world for research.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                Yea, after the bugs over ran it... Actually i am surprised they did not have more than just that one 'base' off world for research.
                Actually, that was the Gamma site that got overrun, not the Alpha site. They're very simmilar though. And they did rebuild it, it was stated in "The Pegasus Project".

Vala,

Comment

Probably not, everyone will think we have one while in fact we don't

Doesn't that show we are actually more developed than the Jaffa and Tok'ra in certain ways? They don't have any irises, except Anubis in that one ep.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
                    Probably not, everyone will think we have one while in fact we don't

Doesn't that show we are actually more developed than the Jaffa and Tok'ra in certain ways? They don't have any irises, except Anubis in that one ep.
                    The Jaffa maybe, but the Tok'ra generally hide their bases away from the stargates so they wouldn't need an iris. In fact an iris might have been a detriment to them. If a stargate doesn't have an iris, Jaffa can come through on patrols, not discover the hidden base, and not get suspicious. Whereas, a stargate suddenly doesn't let anyone through when it engages, they get suspicious and maybe send ships to investigate.
                    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

I'd have said originally no, but nowadays as they have taken more technology, research, development etc off-world they most probably do have gate protection. However it's logical to assume they have backup planets that won't have them in which SG teams can fall back to should their IDC's be broken/compromised or whatever. Even if they are under fire & don't have time to radio the SGC to try to convince them to lower the iris & allow them through. Which as we've seen because of protocols, they would be locked out.

Tok'ra use hidden bases away from public view, so would have no reason to block the gate.

Jaffa at the time were under Goa'uld control. In which cases we have seen them being used by Anubis on the planet in which he made the Kull Warriors. There was also a labour camp that had one in which rogue Jaffa were forced to work in the mines to gather resources for building Ha'taks. That required a code to deactivate. Since Goa'uld were gone, there would be no reasons for them to use an iris any longer.

The only real benefit would be for planets to use them & stop priors from coming through their gates before the Ori ships arrived in the MW.

Comment

It would make sence that they gate to the Alpha site if they lost they GDO.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

I imagine that the alpha, beta, gamma sites all have irises. But I'm sure there is at least one small outpost on a planet without an irises for cases where the GDO was lost/broken. Just in case that site was compromised, I imagine there would be very few tents, and a radio to contact the SGC and have people verify that the troops were not compromised.

Comment

Originally posted by captain Qball View Post
                            I imagine that the alpha, beta, gamma sites all have irises. But I'm sure there is at least one small outpost on a planet without an irises for cases where the GDO was lost/broken. Just in case that site was compromised, I imagine there would be very few tents, and a radio to contact the SGC and have people verify that the troops were not compromised.
                            Good reason. Haven't they said something that if you don't have a GDO you will be stranded. I wouldn't think that they would have a outpost like that.

: Green is Good.
                            sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X