Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those 'Saw that coming' moments (SPOILERS FOR ALL SEASONS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those 'Saw that coming' moments (SPOILERS FOR ALL SEASONS)

Were there any of those moments in the show that just gave away what was going to happen unintentionally. Of course, this varies from person to person what they think is obvious, but I'll post a few things I caught:

1) Furlings not showing up at all. When we learned of the members in the 'great alliance', we had already met/new of the Asgard, Ancients, and the Nox. It seemed obvious that we weren't going to meet the Furlings.

2) Replicarter betraying Fifth. Well this one is fairly self explanatory...

3) Ori ship gettin' PWNED by the supergate. The moment they showed the Supergate at that angle, and we learned that an Ori ship was coming... It was just a 'DUH' moment for me.
    You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

The Repli-Carter betraying Fifth in Season 8.

: Green is Good.
    sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Couple of the episodes where Thor came to the rescue...
      I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Originally posted by Battera View Post
        Were there any of those moments in the show that just gave away what was going to happen unintentionally. Of course, this varies from person to person what they think is obvious, but I'll post a few things I caught:

1) Furlings not showing up at all. When we learned of the members in the 'great alliance', we had already met/new of the Asgard, Ancients, and the Nox. It seemed obvious that we weren't going to meet the Furlings.

2) Replicarter betraying Fifth. Well this one is fairly self explanatory...

3) Ori ship gettin' PWNED by the supergate. The moment they showed the Supergate at that angle, and we learned that an Ori ship was coming... It was just a 'DUH' moment for me.
        I saw both 2) and 3). I saw 1) coming as well, though you're wrong on that we'd already met the Ancients and the Asgard. We hadn't.

We learned of the great alliance already back in season 1's 1x10 "Torment of Tantalus". Although we'd encountered Asgard technology already back in 1x09 "Thor's Hammer", we hadn't met them.

Two episodes prior to that, in 1x07 "The Nox", we met the Nox. We did not, however, meet an actual Ancient until 3x20 "Maternal Instincts".

Comment

There's been plenty of those moments for me... but also, plenty of times I called it wrong.

Take "Echoes"; when Sheppard mentioned using the Daedalus, the ZPM, and getting really close to the sun, I thought "Yes! They're gonna use the ZPM to open a hyperdrive window and keep it open longer than usual, to direct the solar flare through hyperspace beyond Atlantis." Then I watched as the ZPM was used to boost the shields instead, and I thought "Oh. I preferred my idea."

On the other hand, in "The Curse", it seemed obvious that Osiris was in Sarah, not Steven... which surprises me in retrospect, since that was the very first episode of SG-1 that I watched from beginning to end, and I'm not even sure if I knew what a Goa'uld was before watching it! But yeah... "The Curse" 'twist' ranks as one of the most obvious "saw that coming" moments for me.
          Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by Calhoun View Post
            On the other hand, in "The Curse", it seemed obvious that Osiris was in Sarah, not Steven... which surprises me in retrospect, since that was the very first episode of SG-1 that I watched from beginning to end, and I'm not even sure if I knew what a Goa'uld was before watching it! But yeah... "The Curse" 'twist' ranks as one of the most obvious "saw that coming" moments for me.
            That was more of a 'Never saw that coming, perhaps it's because I'm thick' moments for me. I dunno why but, up until it was revealed that Sarah had become Osiris, I thought it was Steven who had been implanted. A few years later I watched "The Curse" (having forgotten much of the details in the episode) and yep, you guessed it, I was caught out again! D'OH!
            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

1. Anytime McKay, Sheppard or one of the big characters are at deaths door & it looks like they're about to snuff it. You know the big magic reset button will be hit before the end of the ep & they'll be back better than ever again.

2. Anytime they are about to be overwhelmed by the enemy, they'll find an Ancient weapons or a totally brilliant plan at the last possible minute which enables them to survive the situation by the skin of their teeth.

3. When they deplete a ZPM, it's only a matter of time before they find yet another one to replace it.

4. Whenever they get a warship of Alien origin or a piece of advanced technology, there is a 99% chance it'll be destroyed quicker than they introduced it.

5. The humans always win in the end despite the massive overwhelming odds being in their opponents favour.

6. No matter what kind of ordeal Shep is through, his hair always stays the same.

7. No matter what technology they get, McKay is always sure to take it out thanks to an insanely brilliant idea that ultimately backfires on them.

8. Everytime they get captured on an enemy ship, they always find a way to escape.

9. Enemies are always overconfident in their abilities & end up looking like a bunch of buffoons.

Comment

The fans will overreact.

Comment

when Teal'c got brainwashed by Apophis just after Carter blew up a sun, i saw that coming a mile off

most of SGA actually, when i think about it, especially the season cliff hanger resolution to the siege, say it with me, deus ex machina.

grown up Adria being played by an incredibly hot actress (maybe thats a given )
                  To the Mandatorium!!!!!

Comment

in bounty
                    Spoiler:
                    the whole 'beam' in the holograms....why would they have sam exhibiting a holographic projector if it wasn't to put it into play for later in the eps?
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hmmm a "Saw that coming moment"...

-The people getting beamed up safely ("The Scourge")

-Atlantis surviving ("Siege Part 1, 2, 3")

So many more. Practically at least one in every episode.

Comment

pretty much it's no longer a 'can i suss out the ending' but rather 'how soon can i suss out the ending'

sigpic

Comment

Well, that's natural since all episodes usually involve:

A. mortal danger that could kill off a/some main character/s, and

B. the main characters suriving.

I mean, who DOESN'T see "i knew they would come out of that alive" coming?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            in bounty
                            Spoiler:
                            the whole 'beam' in the holograms....why would they have sam exhibiting a holographic projector if it wasn't to put it into play for later in the eps?
                            I kind of saw that coming too. There was no way they were actually going to
                            Spoiler:
                            beam into a situation like that.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

true. it's not as much that they will survive, but how they get out of trouble

take gemini for example.

the 'goal' of the eps was to get RC immune to the anti rep weapons...thus, to further that goal, sam would have to be gullible to allow RC to get the upper hand

if you can figure out what the outcome needs to be, then it's not that tough to extrapolate how that outcome will happen. because there are usually only so many possibilties

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X