Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Near the Darkness and the Night (322)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Near the Darkness and the Night (322)

Stargate: Horizon - Season Three
    "So Near the Darkness and the Night"

"So Near the Darkness and the Night"
    Ep: 3.22
    Release Date: May 10, 2007
    Written by Mike Coakley

While the Kih'Andari prepare for their ultimate attack, Council Vahret reveals surprising news to Callen.
    Outstanding
    20.00%
    Good
    53.33%
    Fair
    20.00%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    6.67%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Patiently awaiting the pre-release.

Comment

And here it is... Just three more episodes left this season, and things are starting to lead up to the big showdown. With just perhaps one or two surprises along the way.

http://uk.geocities.com/alex_stargat..._the_night.pdf

Enjoy. And make sure to stop back here for comments and discussion!

Comment

Finally... an episode that lives up to expectations.

Still a bit annoyed, though, that you actually write stuff like "this is really emotional" into scenes. Saying something is "very filled with emotion" doesn't make it emotional. The circumstances and the dialogue should speak for themselves.

(By the way, its 'stood,' not 'stud.')

Comment

ahaha
          the book....!!!!
          i find it amazing our heroes go looking around only to finally find it in the unlikely of places. but that was a strange and intersting twist.

Comment

I am going to take a guest and say grant will become the books some how, may the Nost 'rah mind get put into grant body, and that why he kill himself.

Good episode, some parts went a bit slow. Shame we did not get any space battles.

anyone else got the feeling their gonna be some more uninvited guests showing up to the party, I could well see the enoly or the bentari showing up to the battle picking of left of the vorian fleet after the battle.

I am surprise by sivea powers, seeing into the future could be interesting power to play about with.

I hope this is not the last that we see of Bay'lar it be an interesting twist he turns out to be the hero of the day, may be someone attack the pelios prison an d he end saving their butts.

I look forward to reading next week episode

Comment

what ever happened to our friends sonak and sivok?
              will they appear?

Comment

It has been a while since i posted so i thought it was time considering all the crazy stuff that happened i the show the last 2 weeks. the book is with in grasp but why do i feel like the team is gonna have butterfingers with it! the up coming battle had better be crazy cause there has not been one for a couple weeks. anyway just got to say keep it strong and interesting

Comment

Thanks as always to everyone who's commented so far. It's always greatly appreceated to see what you think.

Let's see if I can address some of what's been said.

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                  I am going to take a guest and say grant will become the books some how, may the Nost 'rah mind get put into grant body, and that why he kill himself.
                  That's an interesting theory.

I always loved the idea that this episode starts off in a very surprising way, where you really have no idea what on earth is actually going on. One thing I can say is that it will all start becoming clear eventually.

Shame we did not get any space battles.
                  We might get to see space battles in both parts of the finale.

I hope this is not the last that we see of Bay'lar it be an interesting twist he turns out to be the hero of the day, may be someone attack the pelios prison and he end saving their butts.
                  I was pretty happy with how this Bay'lar storyline turned out, because it really shows that this is a show where there is no reset button. The characters do something, and eventually they're always faced with the consequences of their actions -- in this Bay'lar's case this means that he indeed was responsible for the death of an innocent man.

I also think that's a pretty dark place to take a character who's definitely one of the main recurring characters on the show. And we wanted to do something that would be surprising an unexpected. What this means for Bay'lar in the future, who knows? We'll have to see. But this was definitely not the last we've seen of him.

Here's an interesting little piece of behind the scenes information: the scene with Bay'lar and Sivea in Act Five was originally written for 3.24, in a slightly altered version and taking place in a different location. And it was a last, last, last minute decision to move it up to 3.22. This was done as late as last Monday actually.

When working on revisions for 3.24, one of the major changes was to move that scene up to this earlier episode. And that basically eliminated an entire sub-plot from 3.24 (which was slowing the pace down a little too much), which helped us greatly to cut down the length of that episode.

So, while the first draft of 3.22 was finished probably around two months ago, the final cut of the episode was done just a couple of days prior to its release. And I think it worked out pretty well. It adds another great character beat to an episode that I think is full of wonderful character moments.

I look forward to reading next week episode
                  And I'm looking forward to seeing what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by andy tyler View Post
                    what ever happened to our friends sonak and sivok?
                    There was a line cut from an earlier episode where Vahret told Callen that Sonak has been missing since the events of "My Enemy's Enemy." That didn't make it into the final version of that episode, but it's safe to assume that he's either still out there... or not. But I'd say chances are that he is.

As for Sivok, he's probably cruising around somewhere in the Triangulum Galaxy with his Enoly cruiser.

will they appear?
                    Sonak was initially supposed to be part of the finale arc, but unfortunately that didn't work out. But since he hasn't yet died on camera, we'll definitely be seeing him again in Season Four.

And we have some major, major plans for Sivok that will be coming into play in the two hour Season Four premiere, which is already in early development stages.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz_Wakim View Post
                      It has been a while since i posted so i thought it was time considering all the crazy stuff that happened i the show the last 2 weeks. the book is with in grasp but why do i feel like the team is gonna have butterfingers with it! the up coming battle had better be crazy cause there has not been one for a couple weeks. anyway just got to say keep it strong and interesting
                      Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. And feel free to swing by more often if you'd like to.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post

Here's an interesting little piece of behind the scenes information: the scene with Bay'lar and Sivea in Act Five was originally written for 3.24, in a slightly altered version and taking place in a different location. And it was a last, last, last minute decision to move it up to 3.22. This was done as late as last Monday actually.

When working on revisions for 3.24, one of the major changes was to move that scene up to this earlier episode. And that basically eliminated an entire sub-plot from 3.24 (which was slowing the pace down a little too much), which helped us greatly to cut down the length of that episode.

So, while the first draft of 3.22 was finished probably around two months ago, the final cut of the episode was done just a couple of days prior to its release. And I think it worked out pretty well. It adds another great character beat to an episode that I think is full of wonderful character moments.
                        Though I have not read eps 23 or 24 yet so I can't say for sure, the scene does seem to work well in this ep. I'm certainly looking forward to see what comes of Baylar's new situation.

I haven't really been commenting on episodes for a while, but this series definitely gets better over time. I'm glad you've been able to continue it for as long as you have.
                        O'NEILL: For all we know, Daniel could came walking in that door right now.
                        [Cut to shot of the door]
                        [Cut back to O'Neill]
                        O'NEILL: Any time now.
                        [Cut back to door]

Comment

Yay! I was in that! Did you all see me?! I was that Brit flying the ship! I sure hope they gave me some witty lines in the next episodes. Anyway, this was a good episode. Liked it a fair bit more than the last.

Interesting character stuff. Very suspenseful and well written. Personally, I think Grant will ascend!
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Jelgate’s Two Cents
                            Curse you Alex. You build up tension about a space battle between the Kir’Adhari and Vorian people and end the episode right before the first shot. I kid , of course. By the visual images I have been shown in this episode, it should be the space battle to end all space battles. One thing that really bothers me is what Callen did when Bayler returned to the station.?* He committed murder and he was only confined to his quarters. The second he returned to the station, he should have been thrown into the brig. Chances are that will be left to rot in prison, but I still think he should have been thrown in a cell. Did we steal a few references from Lost City? The Horizon team search all over the Triangulum Galaxy only to find out the book is on Vorian reminds me of the Antarctica weapon.?* Politics still exist in the time of war. The fact that the president will most likely not show to help the Vorians shows we only care about ourselves. To be fair the Vorians would have done the same thing.?* I am curious to see what Sivea’s dream means. I realize that it will most likely be explained in the following two partier.?* The scene between Tom and David shows the friendship that has gone off. All the setup that has been going well be worth it. I feel like a bomb is about to go off that will leave me speechless.

EDIT: I forgot to mention it is indeed starnge to see Vahrent working for us. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              [B][CENTER]Did we steal a few references from Lost City? The Horizon team search all over the Triangulum Galaxy only to find out the book is on Vorian reminds me of the Antarctica weapon.?*
                              You know, to be honest, that parallel hadn't even occurred to me until you mentioned it. So there was definitely no connection there. In earlier drafts we were toying with the idea of having the Book actually on another planet, but when the idea came up that it could just be on Vorian, we definitely felt that was the right way to go.

All the setup that has been going well be worth it. I feel like a bomb is about to go off that will leave me speechless.
                              Well, all I'll say is I'm definitely very curious to see your reaction to the finale.

Comment

Working...
                              X