Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Be All My Sins Remember'd" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation (Spoiler)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got a title, possible spaceship battles, and asgard tech...we got nothing.

On another note...will this be an important ep in the lead in two eps with Carson. Can someone please give me an example of Asgard Tech from Unending...

Cause what I heard of Unending, people did some things, then forgot the things they did except for one cause he's like...not quite human.
    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

There were in essence Star Trek Replicators in Unending. Oh, and of course, a time dialation field.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        Wow nice quote I didnt realize that. This ep sounds very interesting, lets just hope we get to keep this technology.
        Better hope it's not a ship!
        sigpic
        sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          There were in essence Star Trek Replicators in Unending. Oh, and of course, a time dialation field.
          And a big honking energy beam weapon...
          sigpic

Comment

Oooo interesting title. Even more interesting that both titles of the 2 parter appear in that soliloquy. Surely that means that there is some more clues in it somewhere?...Maybe?

Anyway I was just on this website reading a (rather snarkastic but amusing) analysis of the whole solilioquy and this bit made me go oooo:

http://members.aol.com/PhilM4/page3.html
            The undiscover'd country from whose bourn

The Trekkies are fond of seizing on this line due to the title of “Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country.” New Agers, however, insist that the country is Atlantis.
            Not that offers anything helpful, but still, another Atlantis link

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
            ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
              We got a title, possible spaceship battles, and asgard tech...we got nothing.

On another note...will this be an important ep in the lead in two eps with Carson. Can someone please give me an example of Asgard Tech from Unending...

Cause what I heard of Unending, people did some things, then forgot the things they did except for one cause he's like...not quite human.
              The parts that were forgotten came after they received all the Asgard technology (weapons, etc). But more importantly (to me anyway) they got all the Asgard knowledge.
              sigpic
              Sig by Luciana
              My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                And a big honking energy beam weapon...

Now how the heck did I miss that?!

Hmm...I’m sure that was an aspirin I took this morning...

The Trekkies are fond of seizing on this line due to the title of “Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country.”
                Yep, did that.

Comment

'The undiscover'd country'

Apparently refers to death.
                  In context of the whole solilioquy, the whole thing seems to be about death and if it is wrong to be afraid of dying. Is it more noble to live a life unhappy or to give up and die...basically.

This makes me think more and more that the 2 parter is to do with the Asurans and their want for ascension.
                  And maybe the ascension machine will pop up again because of this. We know a lot of TMC is set on base, maybe that will be carried over to this. That is why a lot of it is on base.

I don't know. Clutching at straws here. I need to analyse the soliloquy a bit more. In my opinion though, I think that is where we will find most clues for now. They wouldn't name both episodes from that unless it had some link.

Comment

Originally posted by SazZat View Post
                    'The undiscover'd country'

Apparently refers to death.
                    In context of the whole solilioquy, the whole thing seems to be about death and if it is wrong to be afraid of dying. Is it more noble to live a life unhappy or to give up and die...basically.

This makes me think more and more that the 2 parter is to do with the Asurans and their want for ascension.
                    And maybe the ascension machine will pop up again because of this. We know a lot of TMC is set on base, maybe that will be carried over to this. That is why a lot of it is on base.

I don't know. Clutching at straws here. I need to analyse the soliloquy a bit more. In my opinion though, I think that is where we will find most clues for now. They wouldn't name both episodes from that unless it had some link.

I thought only a choice few wanted ascension. While Oberoth and with the support of the majority asurans believe they cannot ascend. I may be a bit weak on this point, as it was not my main focus of that episode. So I fail to see a two parter really developing that sort of b-story---while in reality their just our prime enemy next to the wraith. It just wouldn't make for showy tv. You may or may not be imply this view, but it seems reminiscint of Epiphany, which although I really liked, wouldn't want to see again.

Two pages in and I'm already borderline spec'ed-out.

Comment

How do you lot go from a title (that is a stolen line anyway) to all this!?!?

It is going to be a long six months.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post

You over-analyze everything. Six months?! Don't remind me
                        click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post

You're tellling me...that's why I was like, I'm spec'ed out. Watch all this be wrong. I don't think I can speculate any more, it gives me a headache---and quite frankly I'm crap at it. Then you're gonna have folks who believe the non-sense (assumption lovers). I'm gonna wait until the show airs the new eps---and send out my love to TPTB for a great show in the mean time.

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
                            You over-analyze everything. Six months?! Don't remind me
                            No kidding don't remind me either.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Ahhh well I find speculation to be fun at this stage. This is the stage where we can come up with a zillion and one crazy ideas and at the moment not be wrong. As soon as more spoilery details are given, I get bored and give up.
                              I guess it's about whether you like being imaginative and creative or if you prefer some solid facts to make a more logical argument. Logic versus the dreamer argument.
                              Speculation doesn't have to be serious, it can be fun. That's how I see it anyway. At this stage the only damage that reading into things will do is broaden your mind (I mean come on, we're all reading Shakespeare because of this lol) and give your imagination and thought complex a little bit of a work out

Comment

Originally posted by SazZat View Post
                                Ahhh well I find speculation to be fun at this stage. This is the stage where we can come up with a zillion and one crazy ideas and at the moment not be wrong. As soon as more spoilery details are given, I get bored and give up.
                                I guess it's about whether you like being imaginative and creative or if you prefer some solid facts to make a more logical argument. Logic versus the dreamer argument.
                                Speculation doesn't have to be serious, it can be fun. That's how I see it anyway. At this stage the only damage that reading into things will do is broaden your mind (I mean come on, we're all reading Shakespeare because of this lol) and give your imagination and thought complex a little bit of a work out
                                I agree, but it can get a bit... old.
                                click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Working...
                                X