This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis OS

What kind of program would you use to write an operating system like the one on Atlantis? The SGC OS is really good but I can't find an Atlantis one anywhere!

Use a Mac

Comment

Originally posted by Conor View Post
      What kind of program would you use to write an operating system like the one on Atlantis? The SGC OS is really good but I can't find an Atlantis one anywhere!
      You can use any program that allows you to program. Say Visual Basic, Visual Studio or whatever. You can write Operating Systems, Software & all the rest.

You can create virtually any look to it (GUI) that you can imagine. However you obviously need to be able to program in the 1st place. C++, C# are some of the most used programming languages. C# is easier to learn, but C++ is more versatile.

Comment

Sony PSP

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

I was thinking MAGIC!

: Green is Good.
          sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

V I S T A

Comment

Viruses, Infections, Spyware, Trojans, Adware

Comment

Linux!

Comment

A search engine for all the useful stuff we'll never find.

Best Stargate quote:
                  Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
                    Viruses, Infections, Spyware, Trojans, Adware
                    True that Vista just made my computer slower, and its the same as XP, IMO.

Comment

lol

if using xp: if sudden loss of power during startup you need to repair the system, and if new drivers/componets installed(or w.e)...risk of BSOD(blue screen of death for those who done know...google it)

if using vista: everything the team would want to make a communication, there'd be a warning that something just happened on the system, everytime they dial something in the gate the computer would be like "WTF IS THIS!!!?!?! NUH UH! BYE BYE!!!"...and any other slew of problem that could happen with this sorry excuse for an OS

mac: the system just WOULDNT SHUT UP ABOUT HOW SUPPOSEDLY GOOD IT IS!

linux: everything would be nice and perfect, no big hype, everything would just work=)

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Anything not made by Microsoft.
                        Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

I say they use either ANCIENT OS - LANTIA edition or Lantisoft Gatronics

The easiest way to make your computer to look like it is to make a theme pack for an existing operating system, I am looking for an ancient scanner theme for my IPAQ h5550 pocket pc to make it's screen resemble the ancient's hand held life sign scanner

Comment

Commodore 64

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

they put windows 98 on the lcd screans and just turn them upside down so no one notices

Comment

Working...
                              X