This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#spoilers# The trap closes...

The episode "the lazarus experiment" really starts the closing of a trap through time and space.

These are Russel T. Davies' own words. Note how he says that the episode really starts the trap and not the experiment starts the trap.

I think therefore...

Spoiler:
    This is my speculation only...
    Spoiler:
    That martha is the trap! Think about it. The episode starts the trap and martha is now the dooctors companian. Also the doctor screams "What did he do for you!" at martha during the trailer. I think martha is going to betray the doctor.

Any thoughts?
    Originally posted by farcue
    "You're the last man alive John"
    "What about tayla?"
    "Shes dead."
    "What about ronan?"
    "He's dead, they're all dead."
    "Not Carter?"
    "Gordon bennet, they're dead john, john they're dead, they are dead."
    "Are you trying to tell me everyones dead?"

I think it's more that the episode marks the beginning of
    Spoiler:
    Saxon interfering in the Doctor's world... the whole thing of warning Martha's mother about the Doctor and trying to turn opinion against him etc....
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
      I think it's more that the episode marks the beginning of
      Spoiler:
      Saxon interfering in the Doctor's world... the whole thing of warning Martha's mother about the Doctor and trying to turn opinion against him etc....
      Spoiler:
      Yeah mr saxon could turn the world against the doctor but i still think that includes martha. If he really is the master then that would be a fantastic twist to his evil. I also want to know more about the 2nd from last episode title: "The sound of drums." What could this be. (Mr saxon knocks on the table to a drum beat in the trailer with everyone else unconscious)
      Originally posted by farcue
      "You're the last man alive John"
      "What about tayla?"
      "Shes dead."
      "What about ronan?"
      "He's dead, they're all dead."
      "Not Carter?"
      "Gordon bennet, they're dead john, john they're dead, they are dead."
      "Are you trying to tell me everyones dead?"

Comment

Well the phrase 'the sound of drums' is normally associated with a battle or war approaching, as the armys march into battle regiments world of had a drummer to keep the pace of the march.

Ontopic however I think that the trap...

Spoiler:
        is to do with Marthers family and by Saxon turning them against the Doctor trying to turn Marther against him and probally failing in that regard.

Also I think the "what did he do for you" thing could be from Human Nature/ The Family of Blood but time will tell
        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

The "What did he do for you?" line is from an episode in which, if spoilers are correct,
          Spoiler:
          the Doctor has lost his memory.. he knows nothing about being the Doctor and thinks he is a normal human being... hence his question to Martha about why the Doctor is so important to her..
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
            The "What did he do for you?" line is from an episode in which, if spoilers are correct,
            Spoiler:
            the Doctor has lost his memory.. he knows nothing about being the Doctor and thinks he is a normal human being... hence his question to Martha about why the Doctor is so important to her..
            Spoiler:
            Yeah, only as I understand it he doesn't just think his human, he actually becomes one for a while by some means
            Last edited by The_Carpenter; 09 May 2007, 09:40 AM. Reason: fixing spoiler tags!
            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
              Spoiler:
              Yeah, only as I understand it he doesn't just think his human, he actually becomes one for a while by some means
              Yup, that's what I read too...
              sigpic

Comment

If we have a spoiler warning in the thread title, do we really need to keep putting everything in spoilers within the posts? Makes it very slow going to read this thread. What does anyone else think?
                sigpic
                "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
                  If we have a spoiler warning in the thread title, do we really need to keep putting everything in spoilers within the posts? Makes it very slow going to read this thread. What does anyone else think?
                  I agree entirely.

As for the closing of the trap, I do agree that its telling Mrs Jones stuff about the Doctor. I was wondering though, what did he actually tell her? The truth? Probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                    I agree entirely.

As for the closing of the trap, I do agree that its telling Mrs Jones stuff about the Doctor. I was wondering though, what did he actually tell her? The truth? Probably not.
                    Well it could very well be the truth just not put in context. Just in the last 3 years his launched a missle attack on Downing Street, Accuastations of kidnapping, Sided with the Cybermen in the battle of Torchwood oh yeah and with selective showing of CCTV footage killed Marthas cousin.

And the general whenever he shows up loads of people die and the sh!t hits the fan, not that he is evil but wouldn't be hard to paint him that way if u take these facts out of context.

Comment

By the way...

The line is actually "What exactly do you do for him? Why does he need you?" rather than "What did he do for you?"...

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                        By the way...

The line is actually "What exactly do you do for him? Why does he need you?" rather than "What did he do for you?"...

Hmmm, in that that case it seems a bit more unlikely that its from human nature as its Martha who needs The Doctor, so it may well be from SoD/LOTTL after all.... Interesting

Comment

Actually I think it is from Human Nature/Family of Blood - the Doctor doesn't know who he is, so he won't know who Martha is either, and is asking why she cares about him...

Comment

Working...
                          X