Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this my imagination (minor spoiler for "The Shroud")?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this my imagination (minor spoiler for "The Shroud")?

Right, I know most people have probably seen that episode by now, but just in case, also, obviously "The Shroud" is an SG-1 episode, but I'm wondering about an episode of Atlantis where something happens that is very similar to one of the last scenes in "The Shroud".
    Spoiler:
    Okay, the scene where Jack asks Daniel how does he know it's really him, and Daniel does that wave thing with his right first and middle finger, then Jack asks "What does that mean?" and Daniel says "If I was Merlin, you'd know." Okay, I am fairly certain something very similar happened like this is Atlantis. I'm almost positive Shep was in Daniel's place, and I'm thinking McKay was in Jack's place. Can someone help me out with this? I've tried looking at transcripts and captures, but I don't want to have to weed through practically every scene of every Atlantis episode, though it seems like the scene, like the one in "The Shroud", was fairly close to the end, I'm not certain how close. Oh, and I'm actually not sure if the episode is from season 2, but I'm thinking that it is, at least, if there really is an episode of Atlantis where this happens.
    I'm beginning to wonder...
    Last edited by Skydiver; 10 May 2007, 07:13 AM.

Originally posted by 1DanielForMe View Post
    Right, I know most people have probably seen that episode by now, but just in case, also, obviously "The Shroud" is an SG-1 episode, but I'm wondering about an episode of Atlantis where something happens that is very similar to one of the last scenes in "The Shroud".
    Spoiler:
    Okay, the scene where Jack asks Daniel how does he know it's really him, and Daniel does that wave thing with his right first and middle finger, then Jack asks "What does that mean?" and Daniel says "If I was Merlin, you'd know." Okay, I am fairly certain something very similar happened like this is Atlantis. I'm almost positive Shep was in Daniel's place, and I'm thinking McKay was in Jack's place. Can someone help me out with this? I've tried looking at transcripts and captures, but I don't want to have to weed through practically every scene of every Atlantis episode, though it seems like the scene, like the one in "The Shroud", was fairly close to the end, I'm not certain how close. Oh, and I'm actually not sure if the episode is from season 2, but I'm thinking that it is, at least, if there really is an episode of Atlantis where this happens.
    I'm beginning to wonder...
    The closest I can get to this is the end of Tao of Rodney (back half of S3)
    Spoiler:
    after they've resequenced his DNA and he waves his hand at Carson sort of like you've described trying to levitate him again. I can't think of any other episode where they have "powers" like that.
    Last edited by Skydiver; 10 May 2007, 07:13 AM.
    sigpic
    Sig by Luciana
    My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

could be Duet (Season 2 Episode 4) when McKay has another personality in his mind.

Comment

What about whenn shep went all wraithy on us..

Comment

Yeah, I don't know. It's possible it could be one of those. I think I'm just going to have to get the Atlantis DVDs (which I plan on doing anyway) and watch all the episodes over again, or at least the ones where something like that could have happened. I may just do scene selections for the ones I don't like. Honestly, though, I'm really beginning to wonder about this. I feel like it could have been a dream I just didn't completely recall until something similar triggered the memory of the dream to enter my conscious mind, because I thought about it just as I was watching the scene in "The Shroud" (particularly, I remember Shep making that gesture). If that's the case, it's something of a premonition, albeit involving different people with slightly different dialogue, and taking place on a different show than the actual event. If this is merely a false memory, it was rather immediate in its manifestation. Yeah, my brain is odd sometimes, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was something along those lines.

Thanks for trying to help me out, in any case, guys.

Comment

I think it could be in The Long Goodbye where Ronon asks Sheppard if it's really him. The episode where Elizabeth and John were taken over and tried to kill each other. I'll find the dialogue for it in a few.
            sigpic
            Awesome sig by Laura
            "We're eating stardust" ~Mr. R

The randomess that is me
            Nibbles Zane Ducky Pixie Ace Bunny Sally Hunter Kitty

Comment

Might be that too..

Comment

I was thinking that there was something to that too.

: Green is Good.
                sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

That is the closest thing that I can think of as well. I've been warching both seasons in marathon sessions and then with commentaries on. The end of The Long Goodbye is the closest I can think of...

Cheers!
                  Em
                  Emerald
                  ~ Ninja Squirrel ~ Attack Squirrel ~
                  I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Comment

I've got all the episodes for Atlantis on hand, and I can't find anything that's really similar, mabey 'The Long Goodbye', but that's still pretty far off.
                    Sorry
                    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

*laughs* I rather had a feeling nothing like that ever happened on Atlantis. My brain can be quite odd at times.

Comment

Working...
                      X