This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Quotes

Please post any quotes that you would like to share here. Quotes may be funny or serious, related to Stargate or otherwise. Have fun everyone.

To start......

"The only people who achieve much are those who want knowledge so badly that they seek it while the conditions are still unfavorable. Favorable conditions never come."

"I wish we didn't live in a world where buying and selling things seems to have become almost more important than either producing or using them."

"Duty is always conditioned by evil."

"Dispair is a greater sin than any of the sins which provoke it."

~All by CS Lewis

Also.....

"A family alter can alter a family."

"Exposure to the son prevents burning."

~Church billboard quotes
    Dear Journal
    My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

'I can't do this on my own, I know I'm no superman.'
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

"All quotes were deemed inappropriate"
      ~something taken from my school year book's senior quotes
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

"No bas**** ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bas**** die for his country."

"I rather have a German division in front of me rather than a French one behind me."

-General George Patton

"Audacity, audacity, always audacity."

-Napoleon'

"There is no substitute for victory."

-General MacArthur
        sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Comment

I'd rather David had killed Goliath with a harp.

He who shouts "Long live" has to pay for the funeral.

Stupidity is the mother of crime. But the fathers are frequently geniuses.

I knew a fellow who had such a poor ear for music that, if he had only build a theory around it, he could have been famous.

The constitution of a country should not violate the constitutions of its citizens.

You cannot pretend freedom!

(All quotes by Stanislaw J. Lec)
          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

More greatness from CS Lewis.....

"Every metaphor is an allegory in little."

"Why is that one can never think of the past without wanting to back?"

"The process of growing up is meant to be vauled for what we gain, not for what we lose."

"Stone walls cannot a prison make half so secure as rigmarole."

"What we call 'primative' errors do not pass away. They merely change their form."
            Dear Journal
            My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

One of my favorite quotes of all time and I live by this quote when ever I can and some people hate me for it but I love it

"It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it"
              Vote Anubis for President in 2012
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic
              So whats the worst that could happen?
              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                "It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it"
                Not when the question involves beer or girls.

Anyway, back to quotes. My favorite Oscar Wilde quotes:

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.

Music makes one feel so romantic - at least it always gets on one's nerves - which is the same thing nowadays.

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                  Not when the question involves beer or girls.
                  I agree there.

But, here's my quote, it's a song lyric.

"Some day I'll be rescued from the border-line. With lack of memory I failed to question why."

Comment

"I'm sorry Dad, but that shirt's a genocide of color. Somewhere a rainbow is weeping." - Shawn Spencer from Psych

"Wanna split a pineapple? 'Cause this baby's 82% Hawaiian and I've got all afternoon." - Shawn Spencer....again

"Wishing only wounds the heart." - Title of a HP fanfic
                    Last edited by Uberdork7898; 25 August 2007, 03:39 PM. Reason: stuff
                    sigpic

Sig by SamJackShipLover! Thanks!

Thanks to Vanity_killsxxx on LJ for my profile pic!

Comment

"All the world's a stage,
                      And all the men and women merely players:
                      They have their exits and their entrances;
                      And one man in his time plays many parts,
                      His acts being seven ages. At first the infant,
                      Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms.
                      And then the whining school-boy, with his satchel
                      And shining morning face, creeping like snail
                      Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,
                      Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad
                      Made to his mistress' eyebrow. Then a soldier,
                      Full of strange oaths and bearded like the pard,
                      Jealous in honour, sudden and quick in quarrel,
                      Seeking the bubble reputation
                      Even in the cannon's mouth. And then the justice,
                      In fair round belly with good capon lined,
                      With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
                      Full of wise saws and modern instances;
                      And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts
                      Into the lean and slipper'd pantaloon,
                      With spectacles on nose and pouch on side,
                      His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide
                      For his shrunk shank; and his big manly voice,
                      Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
                      And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
                      That ends this strange eventful history,
                      Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
                      Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything."

~William Shakespeare
                      Dear Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Uberdork7898 View Post
                        "I'm sorry Dad, but that shirt's a genocide of color. Somewhere a rainbow is weeping." - Shawn Spencer from Psych

"Wanna split a pineapple? 'Cause this baby's 82% Hawaiian and I've got all afternoon." - Shawn Spencer....again

"Wishing only wounds the heart." - Title of a HP fanfic
                        (I remember that Psych episode!!! Sooooo funny...)

Shawn Spencer - "Everybody, hold your horses!"
                        [A nearby jockey hugs his horse]
                        Shawn Spencer - "I meant metaphorically, but I like the love."

Another great Psych line /\
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I find this constant discrimination against my kind rather offensive. I say it is time for a change. I say to you today, my friends, even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. I have a dream that one day warlocks will rise up and cast off the shackles of oppression. I have a dream that one day we will no longer be judged upon by how different we are from you. I have a dream that one day we will be looked at and simply labeled as 'friend'. I have a dream that one day, when all this occurs, that we take advantage of surprise and slaughter as many of you as possible. I have a dream that one day, there will be no structure left standing, no man or woman left un-decapitated, and no babies left undevoured. I have a dream that none of you are spared the horrors of our rule.
                          Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead.
                          Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                          The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                          I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                          A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                          That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                          Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                          Caboose: They could be worse?
                          Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

"Action isn't all it's craked up to be, well neither is craking up."

-Captain Benjamin Franklin "Hawkeye" Pierce.
                            *Alan Alda*

Comment

"I used music to escape this terrible place. Now it will always be a reminder."

-Charles Emerson Winchester III
                              *David Ogden Stiers*

Comment

Working...
                              X