This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Question

Seeing as how most of the cast have a great sense of humour, and we know that from some of the behind the scenes featurettes on the DVD's

Why has there not been a Blooper compilation on Any of the DVD's as yet?

Everyone loves bloopers, even RDA. And the cutting room floor must be full of them.

Probably because it would raise the DVD's Rating into unsellable territory
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Comment

Plus each disc already seems to use up all available space so there isn't nothing they can do execpt add an extra disc which could increase price or pull already well known and liked features.

Makes it interesting as what could be removed from the S10 boxset for it to get bloopers.

sigpic

Comment

That wont fly with me, if you look at the likes of season 3,4, & 5 there are plenty extras on the disks. Even Alias had a 22 ep arc, and found space for extras & bloopers.

Season 10 of Friends had a 33m Blooper compilation from all other seasons

Its just a question of semantics

Comment

Well, the amount of season 9 (region 2) extra's is limited to say the least. (and don't get me started on the poorly worked out menu's)

So, I don't really see a problem why they couldn't have put some extra stuff on there, apart from what they have (which is not much, SGA s2 has more) and I wouldn't have minded some blooper-material.

Maybe season 10 DVD will finally give us a sneakpeek into blooper-land.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

According to David Hewlett at P2, it's been because Brad Wright doesn't like blooper reels... apparently he thinks they would encourage the cast to mess about *more* (is that even possible?! )

However, all is not lost... the question has been raised with the new showrunner Joe Mallozzi, who is *not* averse to blooper reels and he tells us he has already mentioned it to Ivon Bartok (who is responsible for all the "extras" and "behind the scenes" filming etc).

So fingers crossed for upcoming releases....
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Open The Iris View Post
              Seeing as how most of the cast have a great sense of humour, and we know that from some of the behind the scenes featurettes on the DVD's

Why has there not been a Blooper compilation on Any of the DVD's as yet?

Everyone loves bloopers, even RDA. And the cutting room floor must be full of them.
              I'm sure there are tons of good bloopers like the one from Solitudes.
              That was funny Amanda makes fun of the fact that Richard Dean Anderson was McGyver.
              Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
              Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
              new enemy of the Ori
              At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

david hewlett is really good on the dvd extras too ,
                sigpic
                May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Working...
                X