This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 12 Colonies

For obvious reasons, we keep hearing references to several of the individual colony worlds; who comes from where, snipits of history etc, but its usualy the same ones each time, ie Caprica, Sagittaron, Tauron etc.

The names intrigue me, they are obviously based on the signs of the zodiac, but are not exactly the same. Does anyone know the full list of colony names?

Further it would be good to find out a bit more about them, what they were like prior to the cylon holocaust and so on. Anyone able to help? Is there anywhere on the web where this information can be found?

Examine en.battlestarwiki.org - it will help with darn near all of your questions.
    Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
    sigpic

Comment

Hell, wikipedia will do it.
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Snow View Post
        Examine en.battlestarwiki.org - it will help with darn near all of your questions.

Found it. Had a good look around. Seems to cover most things! Thanks

Comment

12 colonies comes from Larson's work - a large percentage of season 1 and a good chunk of the mini was borrowed from DeSanto/Larson's work on the franchise. Larson's original series used many mormon themes and premised much of the show on 70s new age religion like Van Daniken’s Chariots of the Gods concept. The Larson/DeSanto series would have been a continuation of the original series however it was never to be. Rymer, Bonnie Hammer, Ron Moore basically had all the artwork and screenplay land on their desk, universal bought the rights to the franchise and the rest is history.
          Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
          They had to fake the ratings
          They had to fake the ratings.
          Let it be known for all times there were once...

Comment

Working...
          X