This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"200" was really 199!

By the end of S10 there will have been 213 episodes (21 episodes in S1, 22 in S2-7, and 20 in S8-10 adds up to 213) Camelot (S9 finale) would have been 193. 200 was the sixth episode of S10 making it episode 199. I have checked my math several times and even checked the episode guide here on Gateworld to be sure my eps per season totals were correct. Counter Strike was the 200th episode of Stargate SG-1, not 200. The only thing I can think of is if they counted CotG as two episodes, but it wasn't it was one. Other two parters that aired in a two hour special (Like Fallen/Homecoming, New Order, Rising) were written as two seperate teleplays and appear on the DVD's as two episodes. So whether it was a mistake or they counted CotG as two eps, it doesn't matter Counter Strike was the true 200th episode.

Perfecto!

so this is why they call it 200, i just never realized that so , but i guess you could look at it as the 200 episodes , for sentimental reason, but oh well
    sigpic
    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

It can't be........Boom!(gunshot) *dies*

Comment

"Children of the Gods" is considered two one-hour episodes.
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

iam sorry , but that is just how it is going to be 200 , forever yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
          By the end of S10 there will have been 213 episodes (21 episodes in S1, 22 in S2-7, and 20 in S8-10 adds up to 213) Camelot (S9 finale) would have been 193. 200 was the sixth episode of S10 making it episode 199. I have checked my math several times and even checked the episode guide here on Gateworld to be sure my eps per season totals were correct. Counter Strike was the 200th episode of Stargate SG-1, not 200. The only thing I can think of is if they counted CotG as two episodes, but it wasn't it was one. Other two parters that aired in a two hour special (Like Fallen/Homecoming, New Order, Rising) were written as two seperate teleplays and appear on the DVD's as two episodes. So whether it was a mistake or they counted CotG as two eps, it doesn't matter Counter Strike was the true 200th episode.
          sigpic
          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

i will always see it as the 200th episode, whatever anybody discovers,
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
              And i'm quite sure someone would have come up with the 'reverse' argument had it aired seventh, saying it was actually number 201.

200 is the 200th hour of television. COTG can (and has) been split into two parts for channels showing all the seasons again, and thus is generally considered a two parter.
              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Major Tyler is correct COTG was considered 2 parts hence each season till season 8 had 22 episodes seasons 8-10 had 20. 200 is the 200th ep.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
                  It can't be........Boom!(gunshot) *dies*
                  Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
                  "Children of the Gods" is considered two one-hour episodes.
                  Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                  Major Tyler is correct COTG was considered 2 parts hence each season till season 8 had 22 episodes seasons 8-10 had 20. 200 is the 200th ep.
                  ...Oh....I guess I'm not dead then. *puts away handgun*

Comment

Well i see it as 200 ep and so must the producer and realy what they say is what it means because they created it
                    sigpic
                    Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                    Metal gear fan

Comment

Children of the gods is double episode, so season 1 have 22 episodes too.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by jonno View Post

200 is the 200th hour of television.
                        Is that including the full length Threads?

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                          Is that including the full length Threads?
                          Ok, so, 200 and a half then.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
                            ...Oh....I guess I'm not dead then. *puts away handgun*
                            Haha! Good. I was worried there for a bit.

Oh, and I love your sig.
                            sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

"Children of the Gods"
                              The series premiere is equal in lengh to two standard episodes. When discussing the episode or first season, it is counted as one episode. When discussing the number of episodes for the series, it is counted as two episodes.

"Lost City"
                              The Season 7 finale is equal in lengh to two standard episodes. When discussing the episode or seventh season, it is counted as one episode. When discussing the number of episodes for the series, it is counted as two episodes.

"Threads"
                              This Season 8 episode is equal in length to one and a half standard episodes. Since it's not equal in length to two full standard episodes and thus cannot be split in half, it has always been refered to as one episode.

When they say that Season 10, Episode 6 "200" is the 200th episode, they are counting "Children of the Gods" and "Lost City" as two episodes. Alternatively, you could simply say that "200" is the 200th hour.

Comment

Working...
                              X