Scotty's Ashes in space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scotty's Ashes in space

James "scotty" Doohen's ashes have been blasted off into space. See www.space.com. A fitting end and may the force be with him.

Second star to the right and straight on till morning.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

God I hope I make it to space before I die. Well God bless James Doohan, he is missed.
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Scotty's ashes have gone missing

The ashes of Star Trek's Scotty have gone missing after a rocket carrying his remains into space went crashed in the desert.

full story here
        http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Comment

yeah, I heard about that too, its terribly unfortunate.

I think I read somewhere that the rocket ended up somewhere in Arizona.

Comment

The capsule is fitted with a locator beacon, so they should be able to find it if they're able to get back out there before the power cell dies.

Comment

Update on where James's capsule might be:
              http://entertainment.uk.msn.com/news...mentid=4914071
              Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by generaloneill View Post
                Scotty's ashes have gone missing

The ashes of Star Trek's Scotty have gone missing after a rocket carrying his remains into space went crashed in the desert.

full story here
                http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770
                Isn't that horrible?

Comment

i hope they manage to recover them and put his ashes into space where he belongs
                  SAM & JACK 4EVER!!

Comment

Just thought i'd post this link, they found his ashes in the 'mountains in the us state of new mexico'

Full story HERE!
                    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

That is good news. Thankfully, the capsule containing his ashes is in good condition because it's to be mounted on a plaque and returned to his family.

Comment

It's great news they found it, but what's the point of sending his ashes into space only to bring them back? I actually thought the idea was to have the wonders of space as his grave. It certainly would have been a fitting end. I fancey my ashes among, dark matter, antimatter, photons, positron, nebulas, black holes, occassional alien ship wizing by, etc etc.

Comment

Working...
                        X