A Different Anakin Skywalker ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Different Anakin Skywalker ?

I was watching SG-1's S9 Episode Prototype the other day and thought Neil Jackson, the actor who played Khalek, would have made a fantastic Anakin, instead of Hayden Christensen who played Mannequin Skywalker. I got this idea after seeing Khalek's brilliant transformation on screen from "victim" to "evil monster". Which, although shorter, is the EXACT arc that Anakin took. Man I wish they could go back and make those movies again, MINUS Jar-Jar and Mannequin Skywalker. Anyone else have thoughts on this?
    sigpic

The only problem I can see with that is Khalek was inherently evil. But I could see him playing Anakin without being emo.
    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
    Caboose: They could be worse?
    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Anyone has to be better than what we got.

Of course the scripts were... how do I put it... lacking and depth at all. And the first, and last scene with Darth Vador was him crying?!?! Bull****!

Comment

You know, the prequels sucking had very little to do with the actors. Each of them on their own (McGregor, Christenson, Portman, McDiarmid, Neeson, etc) are terrific actors. But when you're given a lousy script with even worse dialogue, you can hardly be blamed for that.
        Last edited by DigiFluid; 28 April 2007, 08:17 PM.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

don't forget horrible directing

Lucas's ego ego ruined the prequels, he tried to do everything himself. In the original movies he accepted help, he had other writers and directors, but 20 years of being told he was a visionary convinced him he could do no wrong
          Last edited by Steve_the_Wraith; 28 April 2007, 04:52 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post

Lucas's ego ego ruined the prequels, he tried to do everything himself. In the original movies he accepted help him, he had other writers and directors, but 20 years of being told he was a visionary convinced him he could do no wrong
            I wonder if he will remake the prequels with help, to remove all the crap that his ego introduced.
            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
            Caboose: They could be worse?
            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
              I wonder if he will remake the prequels with help, to remove all the crap that his ego introduced.
              Doubt it...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
                There wouldn't be much left of the films if all the crap was deleted. The films would then have to be re-re-made.
                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post

Lucas's ego ego ruined the prequels, he tried to do everything himself. In the original movies he accepted help, he had other writers and directors, but 20 years of being told he was a visionary convinced him he could do no wrong
                  Absolutely.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Absolutely.
                    Definitely can't really deny that. They had their moments, but that was about it.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

One of the best moments was at the end of Revenge of the Sith when they all stopped talking, that one emotional scene that came accross as genuine in the entire prequel Trilogy.

George Lucas has alot to answer for, famously his "directing style" consists of telling his actors to "do it different, this take". Padme appearances were a train wreck, especially her romance with Anakin. For awhileI thought Natalie Portman must be a terrible acting, then I saw Garden State and was supprised to find out she was very good
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X