Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wrote Book of Origin? (possible spoilers for Season 10)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Wrote Book of Origin? (possible spoilers for Season 10)

A lot of times it seems like there is a disconnect between what the Book of Origin says and what the Priors teach. Where did the Book of Origin come from? From the Ori? Or are the Ori usurping and perverting something that someone else created? Maybe some 3rd force other than the Ancients or the Ori?

Originally posted by Liam Kincaid View Post
    A lot of times it seems like there is a disconnect between what the Book of Origin says and what the Priors teach. Where did the Book of Origin come from? From the Ori? Or are the Ori usurping and perverting something that someone else created? Maybe some 3rd force other than the Ancients or the Ori?
    From someone who both read and taught from the book of the Ori (I was a Prior, as you know, before I joined SG-2), I can tell you that the Ori did write the book, and they teach whatever they want to get their ways.

(I am kidding about the whole "i am a prior" thing...in case someone didn't catch on)

Comment

This hasn't really been established in the series, and so there are a couple of possible theories.

The first is that the teachings of Origin were created by the Ori once they'd ascended and dictated to their early worshippers. The second is that Origin was based off the teachings of whatever religion it was that the Ori prescribed to pre-ascension.

Comment

That perceived disconnect is due to the fact that the Prior's bend and twist the teachings of Origin to fit whatever they want to accomplish.

I'm sure the Book of Origin was written by possibly someone like the Doci. One who was directly spoken the words of the Ori.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Merlin "Oma concerns herself with the individual. She may have the best intentions, but then, so did the Ori when they first began."

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
            From someone who both read and taught from the book of the Ori (I was a Prior, as you know, before I joined SG-2), I can tell you that the Ori did write the book, and they teach whatever they want to get their ways.

(I am kidding about the whole "i am a prior" thing...in case someone didn't catch on)
            NO WAY!!! U WERE A PRIOR!!!!!! lol

the TPTB CREATED THE BOOK OF ORIGIN
            sigpic

Comment

I was wondering the same thing myself, possibly some other ascended beings?

We know that the original goal of the book was to help people reach ascension and I don't see why another race couldn't have reached it first, a race with a slightly different view of interference.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                I was wondering the same thing myself, possibly some other ascended beings?

We know that the original goal of the book was to help people reach ascension and I don't see why another race couldn't have reached it first, a race with a slightly different view of interference.
                Maybe, it's possible. But then who were those other people, and why haven't they interfered yet?

Comment

It seems to me that the Ori were the other people. Merlin stated they started with good attentions. Maybe the good attention basically was helping people accend (somewhat similar to that planet were shepard got stuck on where a few minutes in real time was months on the planet). They than basically got greedy and wanted followers, not equals. But one of the hardest things is were talking about millions of years. I always thought it be interesting if originally in the Ori and Alterans war that it was the Ori who were the good guys. that the Alterans were extreme radicals. But hey just a thought lol

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
                    Maybe, it's possible. But then who were those other people, and why haven't they interfered yet?

Remember, Oma said that not all the ascended beings were ancients.. She also said that there are many levels to ascention. Perhaps these beings are higher on the Ascention ladder, and so were the ones hwo made the non interference rules..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Remember, Oma said that not all the ascended beings were ancients.. She also said that there are many levels to ascention. Perhaps these beings are higher on the Ascention ladder, and so were the ones hwo made the non interference rules..
                      In some episode, it came shown, that Ori are ascended later then Ancients.
                      Asgard in memoriam

Comment

Working...
                      X