Page 2 of 256 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

Re: Teal'c - Is He Fabulous, Or What?

I think the all time best scene in the show was in "CotG" when Teal'c made his decision.My heart pounds every time I watch it.
    Yes,he's greatly under used but it's a rare actor/character that can have so little to say in a scene yet have so much impact.I swear,he can get more mileage out of a single "dirty look" than somebody else's paragraph long speech of retribution.

If I had to sum him up in one word it would have to be ...."Jaffa-licious!"
    nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Default Re: Teal'c - Is He Fabulous, Or What?

Quote Originally Posted by petzke_42
    Anywhere to dl that acceptance speech?
    Try here:
    http://www.sg-online.net/vb/showthread.php?t=956

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver
    i like the idea of the show being teal'c's story. If things play out like they could, we could see a man go from slavery to becoming teh leader of his people.....king if you will
    it would be fantastic.......also a cold day in netu before anyone happens to give him any focus, but it woudl be nice
    I would love for Teal'c to return as a hero to his people! I was hoping that the "return of the king" thing would be Teal'c's story arc for season 8. Sadly, the "cold day in netu" is probably more likely.

Teal'c is a fascinating character. He probably started out as my least favorite on the team. I mean I liked him, I just never looked forward to the episodes focusing on his story, the way of the Jaff'a warrior stuff. Now I'm delighted when I read there's going to be a Teal'c story, in part because he's had the least development; he's still more of a mystery to me than the other characters. I hope to see more of him in season 8......and that he has lines.
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...d_smallest.jpgLife is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Staff Sergeant

Teal's Fantabulous! TPTB should really give him more lines per episode though...the Changeling episode was not enough.

And you know, I reckon he would give The Rock a run for his money when he does that "Eyebrow"!
    If I were a Goddess - let it be that of Love & Beauty

Quote Originally Posted by Kes
    Teal'c is a fascinating character. He probably started out as my least favorite on the team. I mean I liked him, I just never looked forward to the episodes focusing on his story, the way of the Jaff'a warrior stuff. Now I'm delighted when I read there's going to be a Teal'c story, in part because he's had the least development; he's still more of a mystery to me than the other characters. I hope to see more of him in season 8......and that he has lines.
    I don't know about that hope, Kes. Nevermind the "cold day in Netu" stuff, but TPTB's track record isn't so hot with character development. Teal'c is probably my favorite current member of SG-1 right now simply because TPTB haven't bothered to develop him so there's nothing for them to destroy. They've ruined Sam, they've killed Jack (developmentally), they've destroyed Daniel... Teal'c is the only one left. If the writers DO go crazy and decide to develop some stories for him, I fear what will become of the big guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine_W
    But Jack is only the leader of SG-1 by default because Teal'c (and Daniel) hasn't usually decided to argue with him, disregard what he says, or generally take over.

I like Teal'c very much, but I can't go with this statement. Jack is by no means a "default" leader; he has earned his position and his right to be in command. Besides the fact that Teal'c is an alien and they're not going to put him in charge anyway, he has always seemed to me to be a reluctant leader of the Jaffa rebellion - he does it because he feels he has to or no one else will. He still defers to Bra'tac when he's around. In SG-1 he seems quite content to let Jack be in command and as far as I can tell rarely disagrees with Jack's decisions. Also, the type of leadership experience he gained as First Prime your God commands you to kill or die in his name so go) is different than the type needed for a SG team.

(As to including Daniel in that statement – I could never see him as the leader of SG-1. A scientific group, maybe, but he is in no way qualified to lead a military/exploratory team. And he always disagrees w/Jack.)

I loved season 6 Teal’c and the episodes SG wrote. I hope to see that Teal’c more prominently again in season 8.

I think Teal'c is faboo.

The bees knees, etc.

Question Re: Teal'c - Is He Fabulous, Or What?

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wHY DO YOU ASK?

Bringing this one up for the Old Fat Furry Cat-puss.

Madeleine

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

*Blushes*
    I thank you, O Fabulous Mod Lady !
    *Sending VR Tandoori crisps.....they're all the rage now ! *

"Baggie's Blameless POV" now follows........

I must admit,Teal'c is underused by the PTB.Although I hope they get the mix right in Season 8,Christopher Judge writes him best,overall,IMO,in the latter seasons.
    I find it difficult to criticise Teal'c in a negative way ,so I'm not the most impartial judge of his character or behaviour .

If he hadn't finally decided he couldn't stomach living his life as Apophis's First Prime,and trusted Jack and the others,then COTG would have been a one-off drama piece !

"Heroes",if they're well written,have some interesting flaws,quirks,a higher purpose than their own ego,courage,bravery,humour,and most of all,they have to be memorable .

That description,of course,applies to the other "main" characters too.
    I love them all, including Jonas,for different reasons.These differences lie in their written and portrayed personalities,their interaction with the other team members,their actual contribution to the grand story arc,and most importantly for me, how my emotions come into play !

Back to Teal'c. He satisfies my requirements as a "Hero"........good enough for me.If anyone doesn't like Teal'c or wants to argue his morality or anything they like/dislike fine.No problem from me.

What's the worst thing I can threaten "Baggie-Baiters" with anyway,lol ?

Not for me to tell people how to think and feel anyway,IMO.

The Pantsinator
    (Moderator)

Well since I had NO CLUE this thread was even here....I MUST say I am glad it is

Teal'c is first and foremost wonderful!!! and I totally agree Christopher writes him best. Although I was just blown away by CJ in Avatar...nope not gonna spoil anyone...lets just say Chris needs to get more lines and thats all I am gonna say about THAT

FHB you will never get ANY argument from me about what a *Hero* Teal'c is he has given up more than any other character in my book and yet he can now still smile

Plus being a HUGE fan of hugs, I can just imagine what a wonderful hugger Teal'c is and in my book *Heros* must be great huggers
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

Rats ! I should have put "Great huggers" on my list of hero rules !
    Also should have listed compassion......oh well .

*Tries to keep on topic and keep my mind off Daniel ,Jack, and Jonas!*
    (Sam's hugs can go to anyone she likes.......I don't *Cough* think that way about her !! )

First Lieutenant KorbenDirewolf's Avatar

Still, one must wonder why a digital watch would cause the enemy's highest Jaffa to switch sides in "Children of the Gods". Good thing it only took five seasons to get that one explained.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

http://home.graffiti.net/kdiw/indiv.jpg

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

I know what you mean.
    One must wonder about loads of other things though ,that the writers still haven't seen fit to address.
    To save myself headaches,I put these finer shadings of detail down to "PTB Amnesia".

First Lieutenant KorbenDirewolf's Avatar

Uncertain Re: Teal'c - Is He Fabulous, Or What?

Could be that the Powers are just a bit too subtle at times. Especially when dealing with Teal'c.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

http://home.graffiti.net/kdiw/indiv.jpg

Angry Re: Teal'c - Is He Fabulous, Or What?

Quote Originally Posted by xathras
    indeed
    Awww! I didn't get here in time. When I first saw the name of this thread, that answer popped right into my head. However, I'd have said it more like this:

"Indeed I am Madeline."

Yes, Teal'c is fabulous!

I absolutely could not adore the man more!

I just love him, he is such a wonderful character!

CJ is indeed a wonderfull hugger so Teal'c probably is too.

Madeleine

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

*Sigh* CJ/Teal'c'd be my first choice for hugs too,ladies,.............but I'd consider the other Main guys as well.If they'd have me,that is !

Y'know,this is the reason why I've never "Thunked" for Daniel ,Jonas,and Jack...I'm spoiled for choice .

I'm not sure season 1 Teal'c would be a wonderful hugger, but season 8??? Oh, yeah. Wouldn't mind hugs from all the guys, actually.

I was thinking about the first episode I saw with Teal'c. I started watching in season 3 and the first episode I saw was "Point of View".

I didn't really understand what Teal'c was all about at that point but there's that one scene where they go to the alternate reality and Teal'c comes face to face with himself, still in service to Apophis.

Teal'c: "Renounce Apophis as a false God and join us in our deliverance of this world and I will spare you."

AU_Teal'c: "Shol'va!"

*Teal'c shoots AU_Teal'c with his staff weapon*

Jack: "The idea was to zat him."

Teal'c: "As I said O'Neill. Ours is the only reality of consequence."

That was when I thought......Wow this is a really cool guy. He still is.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...d_smallest.jpgLife is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Wink Re: Teal'c - Is He Fabulous, Or What?

Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDirewolf
    Still, one must wonder why a digital watch would cause the enemy's highest Jaffa to switch sides in "Children of the Gods". Good thing it only took five seasons to get that one explained.
    IMO, This was the first time Teal'c ever saw a technology that wasn't Goa'uld-based, yet it was advanced compared to all the other human populations he had dealt with. He already had his doubts that the Goa'uld were gods. This was his best opportunity to prove it, so he told himself;" Go fot it." or words to that effect.

Anyway U ladies can get back to your hugs/dreaming now. Carry on.