Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenniferhailey
    I liked Teal'C's chin thing.....
    lol, i liked the AR dreadlocks/ponytail he had goin on.. but teal'c with hair is usually not a good thing.. i refer you to "The GameKeeper"....*rofl*

Comment

ya know i recently saw the acceptance of the spacey awards bit that they did, and i gotta say, teal'c with the hair might just look pretty fabulous.

although i do agree, gamekeeper hair - bad.
      1969 hair - hilarious

Comment

Anywhere to dl that acceptance speech?
        "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

i like the idea of the show being teal'c's story. If things play out like they could, we could see a man go from slavery to becoming teh leader of his people.....king if you will

it would be fantastic.......also a cold day in netu before anyone happens to give him any focus, but it woudl be nice
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

He may be fabulous, but I wouldn't let him catch you say that. He may well be within his rights to dismember you.

If I had my way, a lot more would be known about his history than just the bits and pieces from "Family" "Bloodlines" "Threshold" and maybe a couple other episodes. With his information about the Goa'uld, and especially Apophis could have played out a lot better. Although it was weird how Apophis suddenly had new technology not long after Teal'c defected. :s
            The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I think the all time best scene in the show was in "CotG" when Teal'c made his decision.My heart pounds every time I watch it.
              Yes,he's greatly under used but it's a rare actor/character that can have so little to say in a scene yet have so much impact.I swear,he can get more mileage out of a single "dirty look" than somebody else's paragraph long speech of retribution.

If I had to sum him up in one word it would have to be ...."Jaffa-licious!"
              nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

Originally posted by petzke_42
                Anywhere to dl that acceptance speech?
                Try here:
                http://www.sg-online.net/vb/showthread.php?t=956

Originally posted by skydiver
                i like the idea of the show being teal'c's story. If things play out like they could, we could see a man go from slavery to becoming teh leader of his people.....king if you will
                it would be fantastic.......also a cold day in netu before anyone happens to give him any focus, but it woudl be nice
                I would love for Teal'c to return as a hero to his people! I was hoping that the "return of the king" thing would be Teal'c's story arc for season 8. Sadly, the "cold day in netu" is probably more likely.

Teal'c is a fascinating character. He probably started out as my least favorite on the team. I mean I liked him, I just never looked forward to the episodes focusing on his story, the way of the Jaff'a warrior stuff. Now I'm delighted when I read there's going to be a Teal'c story, in part because he's had the least development; he's still more of a mystery to me than the other characters. I hope to see more of him in season 8......and that he has lines.
                Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Teal's Fantabulous! TPTB should really give him more lines per episode though...the Changeling episode was not enough.

And you know, I reckon he would give The Rock a run for his money when he does that "Eyebrow"!
                  If I were a Goddess - let it be that of Love & Beauty

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                    Teal'c is a fascinating character. He probably started out as my least favorite on the team. I mean I liked him, I just never looked forward to the episodes focusing on his story, the way of the Jaff'a warrior stuff. Now I'm delighted when I read there's going to be a Teal'c story, in part because he's had the least development; he's still more of a mystery to me than the other characters. I hope to see more of him in season 8......and that he has lines.
                    I don't know about that hope, Kes. Nevermind the "cold day in Netu" stuff, but TPTB's track record isn't so hot with character development. Teal'c is probably my favorite current member of SG-1 right now simply because TPTB haven't bothered to develop him so there's nothing for them to destroy. They've ruined Sam, they've killed Jack (developmentally), they've destroyed Daniel... Teal'c is the only one left. If the writers DO go crazy and decide to develop some stories for him, I fear what will become of the big guy...

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                      But Jack is only the leader of SG-1 by default because Teal'c (and Daniel) hasn't usually decided to argue with him, disregard what he says, or generally take over.

I like Teal'c very much, but I can't go with this statement. Jack is by no means a "default" leader; he has earned his position and his right to be in command. Besides the fact that Teal'c is an alien and they're not going to put him in charge anyway, he has always seemed to me to be a reluctant leader of the Jaffa rebellion - he does it because he feels he has to or no one else will. He still defers to Bra'tac when he's around. In SG-1 he seems quite content to let Jack be in command and as far as I can tell rarely disagrees with Jack's decisions. Also, the type of leadership experience he gained as First Prime your God commands you to kill or die in his name so go) is different than the type needed for a SG team.

(As to including Daniel in that statement – I could never see him as the leader of SG-1. A scientific group, maybe, but he is in no way qualified to lead a military/exploratory team. And he always disagrees w/Jack.)

I loved season 6 Teal’c and the episodes SG wrote. I hope to see that Teal’c more prominently again in season 8.

Comment

I think Teal'c is faboo.

The bees knees, etc.

Comment

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wHY DO YOU ASK?
                          sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Bringing this one up for the Old Fat Furry Cat-puss.

Madeleine

Comment

*Blushes*
                              I thank you, O Fabulous Mod Lady !
                              *Sending VR Tandoori crisps.....they're all the rage now ! *

"Baggie's Blameless POV" now follows........

I must admit,Teal'c is underused by the PTB.Although I hope they get the mix right in Season 8,Christopher Judge writes him best,overall,IMO,in the latter seasons.
                              I find it difficult to criticise Teal'c in a negative way ,so I'm not the most impartial judge of his character or behaviour .

If he hadn't finally decided he couldn't stomach living his life as Apophis's First Prime,and trusted Jack and the others,then COTG would have been a one-off drama piece !

"Heroes",if they're well written,have some interesting flaws,quirks,a higher purpose than their own ego,courage,bravery,humour,and most of all,they have to be memorable .

That description,of course,applies to the other "main" characters too.
                              I love them all, including Jonas,for different reasons.These differences lie in their written and portrayed personalities,their interaction with the other team members,their actual contribution to the grand story arc,and most importantly for me, how my emotions come into play !

Back to Teal'c. He satisfies my requirements as a "Hero"........good enough for me.If anyone doesn't like Teal'c or wants to argue his morality or anything they like/dislike fine.No problem from me.

What's the worst thing I can threaten "Baggie-Baiters" with anyway,lol ?

Not for me to tell people how to think and feel anyway,IMO.
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Well since I had NO CLUE this thread was even here....I MUST say I am glad it is

Teal'c is first and foremost wonderful!!! and I totally agree Christopher writes him best. Although I was just blown away by CJ in Avatar...nope not gonna spoil anyone...lets just say Chris needs to get more lines and thats all I am gonna say about THAT

FHB you will never get ANY argument from me about what a *Hero* Teal'c is he has given up more than any other character in my book and yet he can now still smile

Plus being a HUGE fan of hugs, I can just imagine what a wonderful hugger Teal'c is and in my book *Heros* must be great huggers
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X