This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient Physical Abilities

If the Ancients were so far along the evolutionary path, wouldn't it make sense for them to have some sort of super-human abilities (super-strength, speed, etc.)? We know about their healing power and apparently telekinesis
    Spoiler:
    When Daniel had Merlin's memories downloaded into his head, he made his water come to him by merely thinking about it.

So, is it possible that we haven't even scratched the surface of the Ancients' abilities?

They dont have super physical abilities they have advanced so far mentally.

Comment

Physical abilties don't come to them as when they ascend the body is useless and disappears
      sigpic
      Spoiler:
      President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
      President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
      Forum Charmer
      Forum Ambassador
      Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
      VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
      VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

the Ori are more advanced than the Ancients.Adria was able to revive a fallen jaffa in Counterstrike.In "Echoes" the Ancients were unable to revive a pilot who was exposed to radiation wave.
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
          the Ori are more advanced than the Ancients.Adria was able to revive a fallen jaffa in Counterstrike.In "Echoes" the Ancients were unable to revive a pilot who was exposed to radiation wave.
          If you remember Adria is part Ascended so she will have more power then the Ancients, However the Ori are on a par with the Ancients
          sigpic
          Spoiler:
          Forum Charmer
          Forum Ambassador
          Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

ACharmedAsgard wrote:
            Physical abilities don't come to them as when they ascend the body is useless and disappears.
            I meant before they ascended. Also, Adria is not part ascended. She is much more advanced both physically and mentally than a human and has the knowledge of the Ori. She is at about the same point the Alterrans or Ori would have been shortly prior (no pun intended) to ascension.

Comment

well we know that advanced ancients can make shields and control the weather, just look at dainel

Comment

Originally posted by i_ascended_yesterday View Post
                If the Ancients were so far along the evolutionary path, wouldn't it make sense for them to have some sort of super-human abilities (super-strength, speed, etc.)? We know about their healing power and apparently telekinesis
                Spoiler:
                When Daniel had Merlin's memories downloaded into his head, he made his water come to him by merely thinking about it.

So, is it possible that we haven't even scratched the surface of the Ancients' abilities?
                I think there is a lot about their abilities we've yet to learn, but I do think that Ancient abilties were fairly limited in what could be done.

Healing seems to be most common, telekenesis a close second and then there was also remote viewing (seen once). So their abilities aren't that great and I don't really expect an Ancient version of Professor X to show up. I do think what really makes it interesting is how Ayiana could heal several million years ago but not ascend, yet normal Ancients we've seen (be it those form 'Before I Sleep' or 'The Return I') had no visible abilties at all and could have ascended (which they did, apart from 'The Return' ancients unless it happened off camera).

So I think it's more a matter of not being prepared and how the PTB's would explain everything that makes it interesting.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by i_ascended_yesterday View Post
                  ACharmedAsgard wrote:

I meant before they ascended. Also, Adria is not part ascended. She is much more advanced both physically and mentally than a human and has the knowledge of the Ori. She is at about the same point the Alterrans or Ori would have been shortly prior (no pun intended) to ascension.
                  Not nessacarily - The Priors are probably the same as the Alterans but Adria was created to be superior to all including the Priors She can bring people back from the dead, but the Alterans didn't have the power to do that.

If you've noticed, when Humans become smarter and more technologically advanced, instead of relying on their bodies to help them they use their interlect and technology. This is why pre humans were stronger then we are.

For the best example of this look at the Asgard - Very advanced, Not much physical strength at all. The only difference between the Agard ad Alterans is that they used cloning in their advancement. If they had not cloned they probably would be like the Alterans.

If Physical abilities were given in advancedment then why would the bodies be disused after ascention? It's quite complicated
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:
                  Forum Charmer
                  Forum Ambassador
                  Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

well I maybe the powers you get depend on your path to Ascension, and the ancients could bring someone back to life, remember the fountain of youth device? it was the bases of the sarcophagus which could heal as well as revive the dead.

Comment

Well comparing Adria to anyone else doesn't work, Adria was a genetically engineered with the knowledge of the ascended to produce the perfect superpowered soldier, which is probably why she displayed so many powers.

Normal people on the path to ascension are seen in "Ephinany", each one has one or more powers but spend most of their time focussing on ascension
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X