Clear All

Hidden Agendas (319)

Stargate: Horizon - Season Three
    "Hidden Agendas"

"Hidden Agendas"
    Ep: 3.19
    Release Date: April 19, 2007
    Written by Alex Rubit

Making progress on the hunt for the Book of Nosah'trah, Horizon-1 treads on familiar territory as a reluctant alliance forms elsewhere.
    Outstanding
    0.00%
    Good
    80.00%
    Fair
    20.00%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    0.00%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

The finale arc continues, as the team gets closer to finding the Book of Nosah'trah. You can download "Hidden Agendas" by clicking on the following link:

http://uk.geocities.com/alex_stargat...en_agendas.pdf

Enjoy, and make sure to stop back here for comments and discussions!

Comment

Good ep, at first it felt like 24 and probably missed the line
      "JACK BAUER (O.S.): Previously, on Stargate: Horizon"

Next, moving on to the Enoly situation was a good thing. And the story finally started to show Dureg's role in the overall Sentinel scheme.

I wasn't expecting the Cai'nan to return, but somehow it felt right, after all the Vorian, the Kih'andari and the Cai'nan are the same people.

The only down point was the Logan/Grant dialog. It felt completely unnecesary and off the story (Unless that relation will be used on forthcoming plots)

***1/2

Comment

This is a bit of a nothing episode, with nothing that interesting to the overall ark, overall storyline.

Then it had the most stupid thing I have read I think in the entire horizon series.

The Bellormaphon leaving the planet with the library, on it undefended and then once horizon, decide to go back and destroy, and they just hope enoly do not make a visit in the mean time, how stupid, they should decimated that entire planet, with few make 9 bombs or even a horizon attack bomb,l before they left orbit.

Leaving made it wide open to a visit by the enoly made no sense, they would even do that.

And then just blandiness of the whole episode.

No characters developments.No grand story.
        No movement in ark at all.

3 out of ten

hope next weeks better.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
          This is a bit of a nothing episode, with nothing that interesting to the overall ark, overall storyline.
          Ok, what about Dureg? and Loral? What are the Cai'nan hiding? Who attempted the attack? Who is the spy?

Then it had the most stupid thing I have read I think in the entire horizon series.

The Bellormaphon leaving the planet with the library, on it undefended and then once horizon, decide to go back and destroy, and they just hope enoly do not make a visit in the mean time, how stupid, they should decimated that entire planet, with few make 9 bombs or even a horizon attack bomb,l before they left orbit.
          Since the gate was destroyed the only way to get back Horizon-1 and the intel is with the Bellerophon.

Besides, the library is protected by two challenges and the first challenge changes every time (from Old Chris comment). Besides the Enoly didn't get the info on the lost library until Hogat arrived at Enola, and at that time Hogat told her about the spy. It wouldn't make sense to try to recover the address if it can be obtained more easily waiting for the spy.

From the other POV. Horizon knows that the Enoly will try to get the address. But until the Enoly comes back with more force (The Enoly don't know that the Bellerophon left) they have time. So they have some time (in addition to the time that would take the Enoly to pass the first challenge) and we don't know if the Bellerophon left some folks setting up bombs.

Could the Enoly get back earlier? Sure. But getting the Intel was more important. It sounds like a calculated risk, if the Enoly get to the library, at least they will be a step behind Horizon.

And then just blandiness of the whole episode.

No characters developments.No grand story.
          No movement in ark at all.
          Hello, DUREG and LORAL. We now know what Dureg is up to (re Loral) and what he is willing to do to archieve that. We also learned that Loral knows about it. Its interesting that Loral and Horizon share the goal of destroying the good ol' book (apparently)

As for the story.... some things happens but mostly at a set-up episode level.
          Last edited by jmm; 19 April 2007, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Indeed, these comments, both including like and dislike, and much appreciated. And indeed, jmm, you bring up some very good points.

Originally posted by jmm
            Ok, what about Dureg? and Loral? What are the Cai'nan hiding? Who attempted the attack? Who is the spy?
            A majority of those will be answered next week, and for others a clue or two might be offered.

Hello, DUREG and LORAL. We now know what Dureg is up to (re Loral) and what he is willing to do to archieve that. We also learned that Loral knows about it. Its interesting that Loral and Horizon share the goal of destroying the good ol' book (apparently)

As for the story.... some things happens but mostly at a set-up episode level.
            Indeed, the fact that Loral and Horizon both want it destroyed is quite interesting. Maybe some where down the line their common interests might actually come into play? Or perhaps not.

And, certainly, this was probably one of the most setup-y of all the finale arc episodes. There's a lot being revealed next week, and the week after the story kind of splits into a side story, at the end of which comes quite a large development.

As I told Ryu online, a majority of the races we've met, and many faces we know, all tie into this finale arc. Next week should help reflect just how complex this thing really is.
            Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
            Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
            Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
            Stargate Destiny, Fan
            Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Loral want to destroy the book and is a power craze ***** who will do anything to maintain the power she has, and to increase it, she smart to know the sentinels=her being replace by their chosen dureg
              And how did the characters know enoly just did not retreat and waited outisde their sensor range or may be somewhere their scans did not detect them, as audience we know they gone to enola, but the horizon would of have no way of know what happened, or what going to happen. And enoly could of just sent out transmission asking for reinforcement. Fact is if they presume the enoly would be gone for 24 hours on longer then their was nothing to explain their reason in the episode.
              And indeed why was the enoly have to coorperate with Kid 'Andri and not just go back to recieve the date.

So tactically, abandoning the planet is the wrong decison, given the amount we are suppose to believe is at stake, the timing, and the amount of unknowns, the sound tactical thing to do would risk more lives and sen detachment of men down to study it for a period of time, and then destroy it, leaving it completly un protected, just means to me character are being stupid.

Comment

So tactically, abandoning the planet is the wrong decison, given the amount we are suppose to believe is at stake, the timing, and the amount of unknowns, the sound tactical thing to do would risk more lives and sen detachment of men down to study it for a period of time, and then destroy it, leaving it completly un protected, just means to me character are being stupid.
                They didn't abandon the planet. Granted, there's no mention of this in the episode, but the idea was always that the Bellerophon left a considerable amount of people behind on the planet; presumably searching the library and the area to ensure they haven't overlooked anything of worth, before destroying all of it.

But considering the urgency of the situation, Horizon-1 had to get back to Horizon as quickly as possible in order to check out that gate address that they found. And since the Enoly destroyed the gate on the planet, the Bellerophon had to take them back to Horizon.

And indeed why was the enoly have to coorperate with Kid 'Andri and not just go back to recieve the date.
                More on this unusual alliance as the arc progresses. But since Hogat knew Der'ash would just be able to tell him what planet Horizon-1 went to, there was no need for him to try and get the gate address by force.

One could argue Hogat could have just called for reinforcements instead of abandoning the planet. But I think his reasoning becomes clear in the scene where he explains his actions to Loral.

Was it the right thing to do on his part? Considering that he didn't survive the episode... probably not.

Comment

Wow. What a massive setup episode. Don't think I've ever seen so more exposition in my life! Don't really have much to say on this episode. I just hope the next one picks it up and gives us more.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Well that an interesting ending. Can't wait to see how that all pans out. Was surprised when Dureg did what he did. A lot of setup here and many of the above comments are valid. I thought the same thing when I found out the Bellerophon had left and it might have been better to have a line in there clarifying that.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                      Well that an interesting ending. Can't wait to see how that all pans out. Was surprised when Dureg did what he did.
                      Yeah, I quite liked how that turned out. I think Dureg is really an interesting and complex character, and the one thing you can say about him is that whatever he does he's convicted and willing to do whatever it takes to see it through. I don't think we've seen the last of him just yet.

Comment

Remind me, were we supposed to have believed he died in the Season 2 finale? I've always liked him from the Enoly. I think that arc could do with a re-read soon.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                          Remind me, were we supposed to have believed he died in the Season 2 finale? I've always liked him from the Enoly. I think that arc could do with a re-read soon.
                          Not in the Season Two finale. It was in the mid season three parter that we did, and then he returned in the finale. And in the Season Four premiere
                          Spoiler:
                          it was assumed he was killed while being Nosah'trah's host, but then he came back in "Destiny" where he mysteriously showed up on the Ter'vehesh planet. That's the last episode we've seen him in so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
                            They didn't abandon the planet. Granted, there's no mention of this in the episode, but the idea was always that the Bellerophon left a considerable amount of people behind on the planet; presumably searching the library and the area to ensure they haven't overlooked anything of worth, before destroying all of it.
                            This is actually mentioned in the next episode BTW guys. The Bellerophon did leave teams behind while the ship was gone.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X