Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Infinity" Book 2 in the Horizon series (Sci Fi )by Tabitha Lord.

Comment

"Kings of the Wyld" by Nicholas Eames.

Fantasy with a broad streak of very black humour running through it.

Clay Cooper and his band were once the best of the best, the most feared and renowned crew of mercenaries this side of the Heartwyld.

Their glory days long past, the mercs have grown apart and grown old, fat, drunk or a combination of all three. Then an ex-bandmate shows up at Clay's door with a plea for help - the kind of mission that only the very brave or the very stupid would sign up for.

It's time to get the band back together.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

"Places in the Darkness" by Christopher Brookmyre.

A murder mystery/conspiracy thriller set on a space station some point in the near future.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

"The New Unusual" by Adrian Sherlock and Andy Frankham-Allen.

Book 16 of "The HAVOC Files" featuring a pre-UNIT Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart.
          sigpic

Comment

"Brief Cases" by Jim Butcher.

An anthology of Dresden Files short stories.
            sigpic

Comment

"Wrath of Empire" by Brian McClellan.

Second book in the "Gods of Blood and Powder" trilogy, and follow up to the "Powder Mage" trilogy.
              sigpic

Comment

Not sure if any of you have seen Story Bundle? One of the indie authors I follow on Facebook posted about these bundles and I got a SciFi bundle of 20 books for about 15 dollars. They have various genres and so far I have enjoyed what I've read. (I believe you pay whatever you want, but if you want the entire bundle they set a reasonable price)

Here's the link if you want to check it out.
                https://storybundle.com/faq

Comment

"Extinction Game", and it's follow up "Survival Game" by Gary Gibson.
                  sigpic

Comment

"Black Chamber" by S.M. Stirling.

First in a new series of alternate history novels from the author of the "Emberverse" series.

1916: The Great War rages overseas, and the whole of Europe, Africa, and western Asia is falling to the Central Powers. To win a war that must be won, Teddy Roosevelt, once again the American president, turns to his top secret Black Chamber organization - and its cunning and deadly spy, Luz O'Malley Aróstegui.
                    sigpic

Comment

His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik

Comment

Currently reading- Noumenon by Marina J. Lostetter, and Vanguard by Jack Campbell.
                        sigpic
                        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

"Forever and a Day" by Anthony Horowitz.

Second of Horowitz's authorised James Bond novels, with original material by Ian Fleming.

Very much an origin story for Bond, detailing his first assignment as a double-oh agent, investigating the brutal death of his predecessor as 007.
                          sigpic

Comment

"Sharp Ends" by Joe Abercrombie.

An anthology of short stories from the author's "First Law" series.
                            sigpic

Comment

The Horror/conspiracy/SciFi 700 page novel 'Scent of the Beast' by Ron Chinchen, set in the isolated Kimberley in North Western Australia and only released in late March this year, has now received a Merit of Excellence Award from Pacific Reviews and a positive review from US Review of Books. Its available through most mail order outlets including Amazon, Booktopia and Kindle.

Comment

Just started reading Leviathan Wakes by James S. A. Corey.
                                sigpic
                                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Working...
                                X