Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Battle Mage" and "Blood Mage" by Stephen Aryan.

Books one and two in the "Age of Darkness" fantasy war trilogy
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A80uyG-6as

Comment

Since it was 99p in the Kindle sale, and I'd been wanting to read it for a while, I got "The Grey Bastards" by Jonathan French.

Book 1 of the Lot Lands series.

Fantasy war centering on Jackal and his band of half-orc raiders.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

"Star Wars Battlefront II: Inferno Squad" by Christie Golden.

Set in the aftermath of the first Death Star's destruction, the Empire's elite strike force - the titular Inferno Squad - takes on a band of rogue Rebel warriors in a battle of dangerous secrets and deadly revenge.
          sigpic

Comment

On Kindle on my phone, I'm dipping in and out of "Surviving the Evacuation: Book 1 - London" by Frank Tayell.

First in an ongoing series of zombie apocalypse novels.

Told in the first person, in the form of journal entries, we follow political advisor Bill Wright who - after breaking his leg on Day 1 of the outbreak - watches the oncoming apocalypse from his windows and formulates an escape plan before his limited supplies of clean water and edible food run out.

Broadly speaking it's "Rear Window" meets "The Walking Dead".
            sigpic

Comment

"One Way" by S.J. Morden.

Frank Kittredge is a criminal. He and a select group of inmates have been offered the same deal: die in prison or live on Mars.

They've been recruited to build the first Mars base, and they'll have to learn to trust each other if they want to survive. Not easy when your crewmates are convicts.

Then the first accident happens, and the next. Until Frank begins to suspect they might not be accidents at all...

Time is running out. But how do you stop a killer when it could be any one of you?
              sigpic

Comment

Just starting "Lethbridge-Stewart: The Danger Men" by Nick Walters.

Book 19 of "The HAVOC Files" from Candy Jar Books, and third in the "Laughing Gnome" sequence
                sigpic

Comment

"The Sky-Blue Wolves" by S.M. Stirling.

Fifteenth, and final (for the time being), book in the "Emberverse" series of post-apocalyptic future fantasy novels.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm currently reading The Winter of the Witch by Katherine Arden.
                    sigpic
                    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

"Shadow Tyrants" by Clive Cussler and Boyd Morrison.

Book 13 in the "Oregon Files" series of technothrillers starring ex-CIA operative Juan Cabrillo and the crew of high-tech spy ship Oregon.
                      sigpic

Comment

"Star Wars: Thrawn" by Timothy Zahn.

I suppose you could call the the Secret Origin of Grand Admiral Thrawn.
                        sigpic

Comment

"Rise of the Dominator" by Robert Mammone.

Book 20 of "The HAVOC Files" series of Doctor Who spin offs featuring a pre-UNIT Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart, and book 4 of "The Laughing Gnome" sequence.
                          sigpic

Comment

Currently making my way through Tiamat's Wrath.

Been quite a different book so far compared to the previous ones.
                            sigpic

Comment

"Parasite" by Mira Grant.

Book one of the "Parasitology" trilogy.

Zombie apocalypse via the method of genetically engineered medical grade tapeworms.
                              sigpic

Comment

"Symbiont" by Mira Grant.

Book two of the "Parasitology" trilogy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X