Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-reading "Who Killed Sherlock Holmes?" by Paul Cornell.

Third book in the "Shadow Police" series of Urban Fantasy/Police Procedurals.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

"Three Days to Never" by Tim Powers.

Albert Einstein's groundbreaking scientific discovery made possible the creation of the most terrible weapon the world had ever known. But he made another discovery that he chose to reveal to no one - to keep from human hands a power that dwarfed the atomic bomb.

When twelve-year-old Daphne Marrity takes a video tape from her recently deceased grandmother's house, neither she nor her father, Frank, realise what they now have in their possession. In an instant they're thrust into the centre of a world-altering conspiracy, drawing the dangerous attention of both the Israeli secret service and an ancient European cabal of occultists.

Now father and daughter have three days to learn the rules of a terrifying magical chess game in order to escape a fate more profound than death - because the Marritys hold the key to the ultimate destruction of not only what's to come, but what has already been.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

"Redshirts" by John Scalzi.

A gloriously funny, and at the same time very affectionate, mickey-take of "Star Trek".
        sigpic

Comment

"Iron & Blood" by Gail Z. Martin and Larry N. Martin.

First in the "Jake Desmet Adventures" series of Steampunk/supernatural novels.
          sigpic

Comment

Just started "Lavinia" by Ursula K. Le Guin. I'm also reading "Children of Earth and Sky" by Guy Gavriel Kay.
            sigpic
            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Just started "The Fate of the Tearling" by Erika Johansen

Comment

"Red Rising" by Pierce Brown.

First book in the "Red Rising" trilogy.
                sigpic

Comment

"Golden Son" by Pierce Brown.

Second in the "Red Rising" trilogy.

YA sci-fi that reads like a cross between "Dune", "The Hunger Games", PC game "Red Faction", and just a touch of the Star Trek episode "The Cloud Minders".

Someone (possibly someone here) recommended the books to me a while ago, and my local library happened to have the three books in stock the last time I was down.
                  sigpic

Comment

"Morning Star" by Pierce Brown.

Third and final novel in the "Red Rising" trilogy.
                    sigpic

Comment

I picked back up George R R Martin's "A Dance with Dragons" ( I got through the first 500 pages from the library before I had to send it back a couple years ago)

Comment

"Warbound" by Larry Correia.

Third in the "Grimnoir Chronicles" series of Urban Fantasy novels set in an alternate 1930s.
                        sigpic

Comment

"Star Wars: Catalyst" by James Luceno.

Subtitled "A Rogue One Novel", this fills in the backstory for the recent movie.
                          sigpic

Comment

"Plague Town" by Dana Fredsti.

First in the "Ashley Parker" trilogy of zombie apocalypse novels.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                              Just started "Lavinia" by Ursula K. Le Guin. I'm also reading "Children of Earth and Sky" by Guy Gavriel Kay.
                              Try the Fionavar Tapestry as well if you like Guy Gavriel Kay.
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fionavar_Tapestry
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

"Plague Nation" by Dana Fredsti.

Book two of the "Ashley Parker" trilogy of zombie apocalypse novels.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X