Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The True B*****s" by Jonathan French.

Book two in "The Lot Lands" series.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

The Belial series by R.D. Brady

Comment

"The Wolf's Call" by Anthony Ryan.

Book one in "The Raven's Blade" trilogy, sequel series to the "Tower Lord" trilogy by the same author.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

"On His Majesty's National Service" by John Peel.

Book 22 in the "HAVOC Files" series of Doctor Who spin offs featuring a pre-UNIT Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart, and sixth and final book in "The Laughing Gnome" sequence.
          sigpic

Comment

"Blood and Empire" by Brian McClellan.

Third in the "Gods of Blood and Powder" trilogy of gunpowder fantasy novels, and sixth and final volume in the "Powder Mage" sequence.
            sigpic

Comment

"Priest of Lies" by Peter McLean.

Book two of the "War for the Rose Throne" trilogy.
              sigpic

Comment

"Chronicles of the One" trilogy by Nora Roberts.

Comment

"At Childhood's End" by Sophie Aldred.

Past, present and future collide as the Thirteenth Doctor meets classic Doctor Who companion Ace – in the first epic novel from the woman who played her, Sophie Aldred.

Once, a girl called Ace travelled the universe with the Doctor – until, in the wake of a terrible tragedy they parted company. Decades later, she is known as Dorothy McShane, the reclusive millionaire philanthropist who heads global organisation A Charitable Earth.

And Dorothy is haunted by terrible nightmares, vivid dreams that begin just as scores of young runaways are vanishing from the dark alleyways of London. Could the disappearances be linked to sightings of sinister creatures lurking in the city shadows? Why has an alien satellite entered a secret orbit around the Moon?

Investigating the satellite with Ryan, Graham and Yaz, the Doctor is thrown together with Ace once more. Together they must unravel a malevolent plot that will cost thousands of lives. But can the Doctor atone for her past incarnation’s behaviour – and how much must Ace sacrifice to win victory not only for herself, but for the Earth?
                  sigpic

Comment

Re-reading "Rivers of London" by Ben Aaronovitch.

First in the series of police procedurals/urban fantasy novels featuring Metropolitan Police constable turned apprentice wizard Peter Grant.
                    sigpic

Comment

Currently working my way through J. Michael Straczynski's run of "Amazing Spider-Man".
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X