Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Station Eleven" by Emily St. John Mandel.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

"Looking for Group" a webcomic written by Ryan Sohmer and drawn by Lar DeSouza.

The comic follows the adventures of Cale'Anon (an elven hunter) and Richard (an undead warlock), as well as their companions, and takes a good natured pop at stuff like Dungeons & Dragons, The Wheel of Time, A Song of Ice and Fire, World of Warcraft and the like.

Gloriously funny, well worth a read.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

The new book Scent of the Beast now has a promo on YouTube if you want to get a taste of what its about. Just type in Scent of the Beast

Comment

Further information regarding Scent of the Beast which has recently been awarded a Merit of Excellence Award by Pacific Book Review, and positive reviews by U..S. Review of Books and Kirkus Review, it now has a short taster on YouTube. Just type in the title for access to get a feel for the story. Described as a mix of scifi, western, mystery and Lovecraftian horror by Kirkus review. Available from most mail order book sellers such as Amazon and also on Kindle.

Comment

Just started Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik.
            sigpic
            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
              Just started Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik.
              I just finished "Empire of Ivory" by Naomi Novik, I have really enjoyed the Temeraire series so far. I'll have to check out Spinning Silver as well.

Comment

"The Rhesus Chart" by Charles Stross.

Book 5 in "The Laundry Files" series of Lovecraftian horror/spy novels.
                sigpic

Comment

SCENT OF THE BEAST (Xlibris Publications)
                  Further information about reviewers to the book

Pacific Book Review awarded the tome The Merit of Excellence star that now appears on the front cover of the book.

Short excerpts of reviewers to date

'...works on multiple levels. As advertised, Scent of the Beast is scary...' Susan Milan, Pacific Book Review

'...The size and scope of this book are massive, as the suspense and tension build from start to finish...' Michael Radon, U.S. Review of Books

'...a wonderful blend of sci-fi, western and mystery genres, with a Lovecraftian horror element...truly original and unnerving...' Kirkus Review.

Soon to be presented at various book conferences world wide.

Comment

"The Lethbridge-Stewart Short Story Collection" by various authors.

An anthology of short stories from the folks at Candy Jar Books, celebrating fifty years of the Brigadier.
                    sigpic

Comment

Just finished "The Girl with All the Gifts" by M.R. Carey.

Now onto "Grey Sister" by Mark Lawrence. Second in the "Book of the Ancestor" trilogy.
                      sigpic

Comment

"Tome of the Undergates" by Sam Sykes.

Book one of the "Aeons' Gate" trilogy.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                          "Tome of the Undergates" by Sam Sykes.

Book one of the "Aeons' Gate" trilogy.
                          Had to give up on this. Three chapters in, and it just wasn't doing anything for me.

Now onto "Mortal Engines" by Philip Reeve.

First in the "Predator Cities" quartet.
                          sigpic

Comment

"Fear of the Web" by Alyson Leeds.

Book 18 of "The HAVOC Files" overall, and book 2 of "The Laughing Gnome" sequence.
                            Last edited by BruTak; 08 November 2018, 06:47 AM. Reason: Typo.
                            sigpic

Comment

"Lies Sleeping" by Ben Aaronovitch.

Seventh in the "Rivers of London" series of Urban Fantasy/police procedural novels.
                              sigpic

Comment

I know I'm flogging it, but those who have read it love it. Check it out on YouTube. Scent of the Beast by Ron Chinchen. Recently received a positive local Australian review as well as the three international positive reviews and the Pacific Review Award.

Comment

Working...
                                X