Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Pincers of Death" by Toby Frost.

Book six in the Space Captain Smith series.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

"The Witchwood Crown" by Tad Williams.

Book one in the "Last King of Osten Ard" trilogy.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Currently reading The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden.
        sigpic
        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I've rattled my way through the first six books in the "Chronicles of St. Mary's" series by Jodi Taylor.

Time travelling historians getting into all sorts of scrapes, both in the past and the present.
          sigpic

Comment

"Cloud Warrior" by Patrick Tilley.

Book one of the "Amtrak Wars" series.
            sigpic

Comment

"Iron Master" by Patrick Tilley.

Book 3 of the "Amtrak Wars" series.
              sigpic

Comment

"Mogworld" by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw.

Imagine a book co-written by Terry Pratchett, Douglas Adams, and the Monty Python team and you're off to a good start.
                sigpic

Comment

"The Man from Yesterday" by Nick Walters.

Book 16 in the "HAVOC Files" series of Doctor Who spin offs, featuring a pre-UNIT Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart.
                  Last edited by BruTak; 05 April 2018, 11:21 PM. Reason: Typo.
                  sigpic

Comment

Like SciFi-Horror. New book just published with Xlibris and available through Amazon and various other outlets. Titled 'Scent of the Beast' and set in the wild lands of the Kimberley in North Western Australia in the latter years of this century. Let me know what you think of it...because I wrote it.

Comment

For those interested in looking up SCENT OF THE BEAST, check the site on Amazon below

https://www.amazon.com/Scent-Beast-R...t+of+the+beast

Comment

SCENT OF THE BEAST is now available from e-book vendors such as Kindle

Comment

"Dust" by Joan Frances Turner.

It's Anne Rice by way of "Twilight", but with zombies rather than vampires. Also better than that makes it sound.
                          sigpic

Comment

"Avatars of the Intelligence" by Sue Hampton.

First book in the "Lucy Wilson Mysteries" series from Candy Jar Books, spinning off from their main "HAVOC Files" range and featuring Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart's granddaughter.

It's equal parts "Sarah Jane Adventures" and "The Famous Five", with perhaps just a dash of "The Goonies".
                            sigpic

Comment

"Sins of Empire" by Brian McClellan.

Book one of the "Gods of Blood and Powder" trilogy, and sequel to the "Powder Mage" trilogy.
                              sigpic

Comment

I am currently reading every single short-stories compilations by Philip K. Dick. This guy is truly a mastermind of his time! One of the *founding fathers* of Science-Fiction.
                                Spoiler:
                                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Working...
                                X