Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Dead Beat" by Jim Butcher.

Book seven of the Dresden Files.

And the reason I'm rattling through these books so fast, is my laptop is away being fixed, I'm only online intermittently on my phone, and daytime tv is terrible.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

"Proven Guilty" by Jim Butcher.

Book eight of the Dresden Files.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Elantris
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

"The Wolves of London" by Mark Morris.

Book one of the "Obsidian Heart" trilogy of urban fantasy novels.
          sigpic

Comment

Rereading Mystic and Rider by Sharon Shinn.
            sigpic
            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

"Small Favour" by Jim Butcher.

Book 10 of The Dresden Files.
              sigpic

Comment

Just started Soulless by Gail Carriger.
                sigpic

Comment

"Sherlock Holmes and the Shadwell Shadows" by James Lovegrove.

Book one in the "Cthulhu Casebooks of Sherlock Holmes" trilogy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Just started The Waking Fire by Anthony Ryan.
                    sigpic

Comment

"Night of the Intelligence" by Andy Frankham-Allen.

Book 11 of "The HAVOC Files" series of Doctor Who spin offs from Candy Jar Books.
                      sigpic

Comment

"Turn Coat" by Jim Butcher.

Book 11 of The Dresden Files.
                        sigpic

Comment

"Changes" by Jim Butcher.

Book 12 of The Dresden Files.
                          sigpic

Comment

"Ghost Story" by Jim Butcher.

Book 13 of The Dresden Files.
                            sigpic

Comment

This year I've read:

Fantasy:

The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms, by N. K. Jemisin - thoroughly enjoyed, want to read the whole trilogy
                              The Broken Kingdoms, also by N. K. Jemisin - was disappointed by weak sequel
                              Queen of the Tearling, by Erika Johansen - didn't enjoy too much but series has potential
                              A Wizard of Earthsea, by Ursula K. Le Guin - Awful. Can't see why it's heralded as a fantasy classic.

Sci-Fi:
                              Starship Troopers, by Robert Heinlein - Awful. Not even a story, more like a long essay.
                              2001: A Space Odyssey, by Arthur C. Clarke - Great ideas with poor execution
                              The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet, by Becky Chambers - Fantastic, by far the best book I've read this year so far.

I'm currently reading:
                              Eragon, by Christopher Paolini - kinda generic so far but I knew that going into it
                              Sabriel, by Garth Nix - love the world and magic
                              A Closed and Common Orbit, by Becky Chambers - barely started but the characters are still tugging at my heart strings

Comment

"Grunt Life" by Weston Ochse.

Book one of the "Task Force OMBRA" series of alien invasion/secret special ops novels.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X