Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Others - a Theory (spoilers welcome)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea there is something under the ground which either creates smokie or holds it.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
      Spoilers about helicopter girl in the season finale tonight. It's kind of a big spoiler so no *****ing if you read it before tonight.

Spoiler:
      The helicopter girl is lying. She is a badgirl. She is working for someone but it is not Desmond's ex. She might be an Other. She could be a new group that we don't know of.

I don't think they are clones, I think they came back from death or close to death.

And Juliet didn't ly, she said Ben told her the thing was flooded.

And after tonight's finale I think everything we knew will be thrown out the window and you will have to rewrite this whole thing. lol

In fact their may be a possibility that she still the good guy and still sent by penny. I think time travel and time will play major part. Afteral the creators said that the island is somewhere in our space time continum.
      It possible that if the island is floating in time then the time zone penny was in when speaking to charlie was before she started looking for Desmond and the island . then once relising the situation she set out search for answers finding out about the island and how to find it. She then detected the electro magnetic pulse and sent the ship.

I explain this much better earlier but lost the post lol,

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
        Spoilers about helicopter girl in the season finale tonight. It's kind of a big spoiler so no *****ing if you read it before tonight.

Spoiler:
        The helicopter girl is lying. She is a badgirl. She is working for someone but it is not Desmond's ex. She might be an Other. She could be a new group that we don't know of.

I don't think they are clones, I think they came back from death or close to death.

And Juliet didn't ly, she said Ben told her the thing was flooded.

And after tonight's finale I think everything we knew will be thrown out the window and you will have to rewrite this whole thing. lol

In fact their may be a possibility that she still the good guy and still sent by penny. I think time travel and time will play major part. Afteral the creators said that the island is somewhere in our space time continum.
        It possible that if the island is floating in time then the time zone penny was in when speaking to charlie was before she started looking for Desmond and the island . then once relising the situation she set out search for answers finding out about the island and how to find it. She then detected the electro magnetic pulse and sent the ship.

Basically charlie spoke to penny from the past which set in motion the events which lead her to sending the team up to the north/south pole and send the ship and naomi to search for the island. Which would mean lock killed innocent women.

I explain this much better earlier but lost the post lol,

Comment

Thats actually very interesting ^^

Comment

Indeed, interesting ideas on the time travel ; one of the (many) things i'd like to know is who is the old woman in Desmond's 'time travel' flashback ? If there is a truly Island-independent time traveller in the game, it may ultimately affect happenings in the finale.

True enough Oreo, the finale does kinda force a re-think, i'm pretty much finding every episode is these days what a truly good season. I thought the 'spoilers welcome' on the thread title voided the need for spoiler tags, but just in case :

Spoiler:
            I don't think rescue is going to come as easy as it appears, not with three seasons left, it certainly depends on the intentions of Naomi's people. I will be looking forward to flashbacks a lot more, especially if there becomes a full-on storyline set in the future, which is where that pesky time traveller could come into play.

Some of Ben's strategy is still left unexplained. Mikhail believed the EMP pulse wiped out communications and Ben let him believe it, but he told Juliet that he was jamming the signals. And with the jamming secret exposed, why did Ben insist on killing the girls ? Mikhail also has a point ; why not flood the station for real, Ben could have achieved the same effect. Clearly, the two girls were up to something else on Ben's orders.

Interesting that the equipment was attuned to Penny's frequency. Naomi's people also made a big deal about Jack getting their frequency. Perhaps Ben was attempting negotiations with these people (or he has a prior relationship with them and now they want more of the action, i.e. the Island), and i suspect they are related to the Hanso family of corporations, especially including the Widmore group.

Comment

Working...
            X