This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Goa'uld?

Ok I know there are the Tok'ra but are there any Goa'uld who are good or netural? I mean in one episode Teal'c says

This world must be ruled by a good Goa'uld
    Is that a joke?
    That is not a joke

Then they kind of left it hanging there so I was wondering if anyone thought that there would good Goa'uld who are not Tok'ra or Goa'uld who are just netural and don't really rule over his people with divine power and treat them like crap
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Which episode was that?

Comment

Brief Candle now that I looked it up
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

The Goa'uld in Kyanna wasn't evil but she gave up her life for her host.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

was that the one in love with jonas, coz she didn't seem evil to me

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
            The Goa'uld in Kyanna wasn't evil but she gave up her life for her host.
            There was her comment, like "so much for my own empire".
            I think did have plans.
            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I don't think there are any good Goa'uld. Generally, there's your standard evil Goa'uld, the Tok'ra, and then various Goa'uld with their own agenda and thus are good when it serves them.

Comment

Well Yu was pretty personable, but then again he was senile.
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Keep in mind that Yu didn't consider himself a god, so that may have played a role in his being a little more rational than the other System Lords.

Comment

I've wondered about the 'good' Goa'uld. Out of any race there must be some that think there must be a different way to live than how their kind exist.

One Goa'uld must have thought this way as how did the Tok'ra start???!! The good Goa'uld I guess are the ones who are in between. The Tok'ra still have the Goa'uld arrogance though, maintaining that their way of doing things were better than anyone elses.

By interacting with humans some Goa'uld must have wondered what makes the humans behave as they do, thought there may be an advantage to learning from them or decide sensibly that they can't alter the progress of change in the galaxy.

They become followers of the 'if you can't beat them, join them' philosophy. Baal seems to be good example of this at the moment. However, I can't think of him as a good Goa'uld by a long shot it would be an interesting exploration by the writers to develop him on the lines of perhaps becoming the 'redeemed' good Goa'uld.

Comment

You know what would be cool if in the new show we found some Good Goa'uld who are not Tok'ra but like Good System Lords who do control the bodies but don't make themsleves gods or anyting and make a republic or something and gives tech to other lower races
                      A Face you Can Trust
                      sigpic

Comment

Would be difficult to say the least because of the genetic memory of the Goa'uld. Essentially, every new symbiote remembers the horrors and enjoyment they had when killing someone or the euphoria of posing as a god to primitive humans. Not saying its impossible but just saying that there is a huge obstacle in the path.

The RPG material for Alderac Entertainment has an interesting view on it actually as it makes mention that Garshaw and Jolinar were Tok'ra in name but were not born from Egeria. Instead, they were defected Goa'uld who became infamous and had a title (of Malkshur, of Belote etc) which was the name of the battle or event where these Goa'uld revolted against the Goa'uld empire. Anyway, some links if anyone is interested in a read; not canon I think but still:
                        http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Garshaw
                        http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Jolinar

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

A good Goa'uld is always a possibility.

Jolinar could be considered a good Goa'uld as her story involved her with an army trying to overthrow a Goa'uld only to be defeated when Apophis joined the battle against her. So she was fairly powerful, however it's also possible she was acting as a Goa'uld like Zaren in 'Endgame'.

I don't really see why Egeria and her offspring should be the only ones to be considered good, because we don't know what caused her to start the resistance in the first place. So I think it's possible there are more like Jolinar.

It's equally possible that like Egeria, Jolinar and even Garshaw may have all been good, however Garshow didn't like being called Goa'uld so who knows about her.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                            Well Yu was pretty personable, but then again he was senile.
                            Yu was alright he was. Quite a Gentleman. Loved his tea.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

To my mind, there might be good Goa'uld, but most of them would have been killed or subjugated by more dominant, "evil" Goa'uld who didn't want the competition.

They say that "good guys finish last", and when you consider just how bad some Goa'uld can be, I don't think very many good Goa'uld could have survived ten thousand years of living in the Goa'uld Empire. The Tok'ra only managed to survive by hiding, and even they are now pretty scarce.
                              Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Working...
                              X