X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water has been found on a real planet in the Pegasus constellation! WHOA

http://www.reuters.com/article/scien...43498020070411

I found it pretty funny because we have Stargate Atlantis based on a planet of viable life in the Pegasus Galaxy haha!

This planet is still very much in our own galaxy though. 150 light years is a stones' throw in galactic, let alone intergalactic, terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
      This planet is still very much in our own galaxy though. 150 light years is a stones' throw in galactic, let alone intergalactic, terms.
      And it's just water in the atmosphere of a Jupiter like planet.

Still exciting nonetheless.

Comment

Obviously the work of Anubis....
        sigpic
        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Spoiler:
          Now we know where the Asgard really went
          sigpic
          Spoiler:
          President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
          President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
          Forum Charmer
          Forum Ambassador
          Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
          VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
          VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

thats cool! We will never know if there is life on that planet unless we have a ship!

Hell, that planet could have been destroyed by Anubis or another alien race already because it has taken 150 light years for the light (image) from that planet to get here!
            Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
            sigpic
            sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

That planet is in the Pegasus Constellation, not the Pegasus Galaxy. Still pretty interesting. Mabye the water vapor they detected was in fact the gaseous people from the SGA episode "Home". Or the water/gaseous people from the SG-1 episode "Watergate".

I like that. If one planet can have water on it that isn't within our solar system, then the distribution of water isn't unique to our little section of the Galaxy; the amount of water on Earth is NOT just a fluke. This discovery adds significant evidence to the possibility of life (perhaps... dare I say, inteligent life?) outside of our solar system, mabye even in another Galaxy, as the topic author stated excitedly.

Comment

lol that's awesome. Green all around.
                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

i have to believe that if the universe is infinate then there must be life, water is a tool of life, so who knows

Comment

Very cool!

Lets hurry up and invent science fiction so we can go there!

Edit: is that not the dumbest statement ever.....

Comment

Working...
                    X