No announcement yet.

Omen (318)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You do realize that the episode is not about the future. I know, that's what you would have prefered. You indicated a few weeks ago that you were looking forward to it because it's about time travel, and I warned you when I said it's not about time travel. That was only the first act, and really not more than the backstory of Older Christine.

And yes, if you read more slowly you'd get a better idea of the scenes. A lot gets lost if you read an episode in twenty-five minutes (an episode that would take 43 minutes to watch). That's just a fact.
    If you didn't want this episode to be about the alternate future, why did you even write this episode? It seems so pointless to write that whole alternate future story just so that they can go to a world and get a gate address. There are a million and one ways to do that. You wanted the alternate future story. You wrote it. The least you could do is try to make it have an emotional impact on the characters, or at least the readers!

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
    Yeah, right. Or you're just so annoyed with some of us that you're desperately looking for things to complain about. That's probably more like it.
    Very well then. As you wish, I'll no longer comment on Horizon.

Comment

Yeah, erm...well. Okay. I'll come back later.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia View Post
        If you didn't want this episode to be about the alternate future, why did you even write this episode?
        If I ever get around to doing a podcast for this one, I'll be happy to go into explaining how the story came to be, and how this episode could be a set-up for things to come at later points in the series. If you'd actually be asking in a normal and interested way, of course, I'd also answer the question here.
        Last edited by Alex Rubit; 13 April 2007, 08:58 PM.
        Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia View Post
          Very well then. As you wish, I'll no longer comment on Horizon.
          I think you know exactly what I was talking about, which is something I don't intend to discuss on a public forum.

Comment

Well I enjoyed it. Rather liked the aspect of an AU/ATT. I also hope to see things get dark and so it appears we might always end up in that timeline. I do wish we'd have gotten more time to see Older Chris effect normal Chris. I'd have liked to have seen more self-doubt after the Older one had shown up, so again, I'm hoping for that to come forth in some of the next episode.

Like someone else said, this episode was mostly set-up and I really can't wait to see what comes from this. Grrr. Do hate cliff-hangers. No mention of the Valiant which was disappointing. It was such a major event. I'm honestly shocked that Grant hasn't faced any disciplinary action yet.

So yeah, not really got much to say. Just that I look forward to seeing where everything goes.
            sigpic

Comment

A good set up episode.

yeah may be their could been more on the future events, be set things up for the future more.

I am interesting to see how this relationship between the Enoly and the Kih-andari turns out, somehow I suspect one of them is using the other one, certainly interesting prospect.

I think you could of left older Christine alive, but perhaps left her in a state where she helpless, which could left some interesting interactions down the line.

Perhaps putting her in a coma or something, certainly feel you wasted a opportunity their, if she was only mention rarely in the last six or so episode, may be just in pasting.

Would have like to mention the valiant and may be the grant being recalled back to earth to answer some questions. May be even the Bellerophon bring in a replacement for her.

Do hope we get a replacement for her sooner or later.

the space battle at the end was pretty good, grovin gonna be piss when he fines out they abandon him.

Wonder if we gonna see the enoly being tortured for once, be interesting to see what lengths our character would go to obtain information, and may show us resentment of the enoly. Would love to see christine inflict some of that torture, a effect of her hearing, it was her fought for letting the enoly gaining the book, would love to see that kind of change in her.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                A good set up episode.

yeah may be their could been more on the future events, be set things up for the future more.
                Yeah, like we said, can't always focus on it all. I admit it would have been very interesting to see though.

I am interesting to see how this relationship between the Enoly and the Kih-andari turns out, somehow I suspect one of them is using the other one, certainly interesting prospect.
                Judging from what we know about these two people, hell, they could both be trying to double cross each other. Or maybe they both need what the other has bad enough to actually run an honest, symbiotic relationship.

I think you could of left older Christine alive, but perhaps left her in a state where she helpless, which could left some interesting interactions down the line.

Perhaps putting her in a coma or something, certainly feel you wasted a opportunity their, if she was only mention rarely in the last six or so episode, may be just in pasting.
                Yeah, the only issue with leaving her around for a later date is that she didn't fit into the rest of the finale arc, and bringing her back later (as in next season) wouldn't have much of a purpose seeing as we would already know how things played out.

I can tell you that I just wrote a scene between Chase and Christine in 3.22 in which a slight mention of Future Christine is made.

Would have like to mention the valiant and may be the grant being recalled back to earth to answer some questions. May be even the Bellerophon bring in a replacement for her.

Do hope we get a replacement for her sooner or later.
                Yeah, we're realizing we should have mentioned the Valiant a little bit more, since we basically used it on a mission unrelated to Earth and got it blown up. Another scene I wrote in 3.22 will make mention of Earth not being too happy with Grant's actions, though, and it kinda affects how battles in the final few episodes play out.

the space battle at the end was pretty good, grovin gonna be piss when he fines out they abandon him.

Wonder if we gonna see the enoly being tortured for once, be interesting to see what lengths our character would go to obtain information, and may show us resentment of the enoly. Would love to see christine inflict some of that torture, a effect of her hearing, it was her fought for letting the enoly gaining the book, would love to see that kind of change in her.
                Yeah, Grovin will definitely come into play, and I think if you dislike Enoly you'll like what happens to him. He'll come back into play moreso in 3.23. In the mean time, I'll reveal that we'll be picking up another important prisoner.
                Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                Stargate Destiny, Fan
                Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Great episode, and I liked that little twist about the test changeing. And finally, the Superiorty of Earth Battleships has been shown to the "Fish Heads".

This Episode really woke me up. It has a certain mixed fealing of ergency yet, you always know that somehow it would have the best possible ending. I think we could call this a Victory against the Enoly.

I liked the confertation between the 2 Christines. Though, I wish that "our" Christine would of snaped at her future self with some atitude.

And the end, that explains some things. Well on the bright side, We finally have a Real lead to that acursed book.
                  [An alarm is sounding. Harriman checks his watch as he and Siler stand, facing Ba'al's hologram.]
                  HARRIMAN
                  I'm sure he'll be here any second now.
                  [Ba'al is obviously impatient.]
                  HARRIMAN
                  So, um…

Take our ships, take our toys, take our awesome alien tech... I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take Stargate from me!

Special Thanks to Elles sence this is a ripof of her great sig.

Comment

Jelgate’s Two Cents
                    It’s like a sixth sense. I can always tell when the season finale arc is beginning. If Omens is a hint of what is going to come as the season ends, then I am in for one hell of a ride. I enjoyed the possible future that Earth would have if the Ascendant Empire took over. How come there was no mention of what happen to the Draque? I feel like I was watching an episode like The Brotherhood or Thor’s Hammer where it is up to team to solve a riddle to find a great treasure. I don’t remember actually seeing a gate address. Did I misread something or was it not mentioned in this episode. I remember the Christine’s; had solved the puzzle and then the Enloy entered the puzzle. Speaking of the Enloy, I should mention the space battle that was between the Enloy cruiser and the Belpharon. I had no idea that we had a ship that could beat an Enloy ship with so little battle damage.?* That begs the question, is this ship to replace the Valiant. I also am curious to see if this ship will take the Valiant’s place, or will it be traveling between Earth and Horizon. I absolutely loved the tension and chemistry between the two Christines. I give this episode a 5/5 which is a rare for me.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

You'll need to remind me because I'm not too sure but...potential spoilers for the closing episodes but do we know...

Spoiler:
                      That Nossy is a Sentinel by this point?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                        You'll need to remind me because I'm not too sure but...potential spoilers for the closing episodes but do we know...

Spoiler:
                        That Nossy is a Sentinel by this point?
                        We do. That was revealed in "Mediation", at the very end in the scene with Grant and the Nebulan Woman.

Comment

Hmmm. Kinda makes me wonder how that trap worked then? I thought it was implied the trap was due to the presence of the Enoly but if they're intended to find it and it was actually triggered by our presence, then why doesn't the same happen with this library?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                            Hmmm. Kinda makes me wonder how that trap worked then? I thought it was implied the trap was due to the presence of the Enoly but if they're intended to find it and it was actually triggered by our presence, then why doesn't the same happen with this library?
                            In the library only Enoly can access the information that's hidden in it. If anyone else tries to, a security system will be triggered (that's explained in the next episode).

Comment

Ah. I'm jumping the gun then, I assume.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X