Bra'tac/Tony Amendola Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bra'tac/Tony Amendola Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Hey guys, please be kind as this is my first attempt at posting a new thread.
    I happen to enjoy watching Tony Amendola on SG1 and I particularly like his character, Bra'tac. I couldn't find another thread like this so I hope it all works out alright.

Why do I like Bra'tac? I have a soft spot for wise folk (not smart asses though) just the wise ones like Bra'tac and the Nox.
    I love it when he finishes a sentence with "Hmm...Hmm!"
    Thanks everyone, have a great day!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

I have to agree that Bra'tac is really cool.

Comment

Yeah I like the character very much. Amendola is such a wonderful actor. Shame we didn't see much action from him in s.9.
      "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Tony Amendola is a warm lovely actor who is always willing to stop and talk to a fan. I have always enjoyed his character Bra'tac and hope to see him in Season 10. Lov'a ya Tony!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
          Tony Amendola is a warm lovely actor who is always willing to stop and talk to a fan. I have always enjoyed his character Bra'tac and hope to see him in Season 10. Lov'a ya Tony!
          I believe that Tony's done at least two episode for season 10 so he'll be showing up.
          sigpic

Selmak.Org ~ A website dedicated to a Snarky Symbiote & Her Boy Toys.
          Sel's Memorial to Don Davis.

Comment

Cool. I'm looking forward to that.

Comment

I've liked Bra'tac since his first appearance in Season 1. Loved the way he was always calling O'Neill "human." I like that not only is his bond with Teal'c strong, but there has come to be mutual respect and affection between him and the whole team.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                I've liked Bra'tac since his first appearance in Season 1. Loved the way he was always calling O'Neill "human." I like that not only is his bond with Teal'c strong, but there has come to be mutual respect and affection between him and the whole team.
                I love the way he says "human" too and I love it when he goes "HMM HMM!!"
                He's a great character. I wonder how much of Tony comes through Bra'tac??
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Just a place for all those who appreciate Bra'tac. I would have loved to see him more in the closing episodes hopefully he will make an appearance in one of the movies.

I realise i spelled thread wrong Lol
                  Last edited by marty2006; 09 April 2007, 03:10 PM.

Comment

This thread needs a boost!

How about some Chicago con pics of Tony?

Last edited by elephantgirl; 25 August 2008, 07:18 PM. Reason: replaced pics with thumbnails
                    sigpic

Comment

Gaters, Kree! (awkward pause) um...
                      I am aware that I am but a young warrior - I put the "n00b" in n00bian princess, if you will - and for this, I ask mercy.
                      Now hear me.
                      Some may regard the Jaffa as tequila - very strong, harsh, and with a worm inside. But there is one who is to me as well-aged wine.
                      Master Bra'tak (swoon)
                      He is strong, crafty, kind, and adorable.
                      He has served for many years as father figure to our beloved Teal'c.
                      His awe and faith in our formidable space shuttles is a lesson to us all that, no matter how old and crusty we get, we shall never lose our childlike wonder.
                      I searched the forums and found no thread showing him the appreciation he deserves. Maybe there is a reason for that. I tell you what:

If loving him is WEIRD, I don't wanna be NORMAL!

I would imagine that Master Bra'tak would rather fall in battle than take a traditional retirement. I have faith, however, that in an alternate universe, one in which I am unmarried and a fictional character like himself, my alternate self is making it her mission to reassure him that he can still die well and die free at the side of a lovely woman with whom he has shared is final decades.

So...am I the only one, or...?
                      Spoiler:
                      Radio Show Host: Today we are interviewing the Artist Fondly Known as Steve, lead singer of the Wraith. He's here to promote their first album, I Am Your Death. Great to have you with us, Steve.

Steve: (hisss)

Comment

Aah! At last I have found the second-greatest thread in this sub-forum!
                        And now I'm reviving it so we can all revel in the epic-ness that is Bra'tac!

I thought Bra'tac was just the coolest guy ever straight from "Bloodlines". It's like, "How can any be possibly this cool and not be a freaking god?!" I've started substituting the word "cool" for "Bra'tac" in my blog. Seriously. You don't get much more awesome than him. Here's my typical response to Bra'tac showing up on screen.. from "The Serpent's Lair" (2x01):
                        And we’re back in the cell that SG-1 is in. A Jaffa approaches, and…
                        IT’S BRA'TAC!!!
                        HAAHAHAHA YAAAAAAAY
                        I swear!! I swear I recognized his voice earlier when he was talking to that other Jaffa but I thought I was just hearing things!! Oh, man, this just got about THIRTY TIMES as awesome.
                        And the first thing he does?
                        He clocks O’Neill in the jaw and calls them all idiots.
                        Ah, I missed you, most-awesome-133-year-old-ever.
                        I also said this in my blog thread after reviewing "Family" (2x08):
                        He could kick your butt just looking at you. He doesn't need a staff weapon or a sword or even a freaking butter knife. He could just take you down with his awesome.
                        So far I think he's the greatest guest character thus far. He steps into the scene and you know it's going to be amazing. But, you know, I wouldn't want to see him much more than he's been showing up so far, because it's like a treat. It's something to look forward to: the next Bra'tac appearance.

Comment

Bra'tac has a thunk thread? Nice bump, CM!
                          He is very awesome, he's my fave reccuring character too.
                          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Can't have a thunk thread without some thunk!

sigpic

Comment

^ True enough!

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Working...
                              X