This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hermoid's Fate ("Unending" spoilers)

In "Uneding", the Asgard decided to commit collective suicide.

However, Hermoid's supposedly serving on the Daedalus and no mention of him leaving was made in season 3.

So what do yo uthink happened with Hermoid? Did he return to the Asgard home planet to die or is he still alive and well on the Daedalus? If so, what's he going to do now?

I guess it would really depend on how the disease infected the Asgard. If the new Asgard bodies from season 7 are to blame, then chances are he'd have gotten a new body soon enough.

He first appeared in the equivilent of SG1's 9th season, and that amount of time from new bodies to first appearing is quite big. It's likely that he was infected or else the Asgard wouldn't have taken such drastic measures if there were others around uninfected, so they could use their old bodies to live on.

sigpic

Comment

Nah he'll be gone im afraid, very sad seeing them go man

Comment

I would have to agree with SaberBlade's assessment & say that Hermiod - along with any other Asgard serving on any of Earth's Daedalus-class battlecruisers (the Odyessy, the Daedalus, the Appolo, etc) - would of been notified of the intended plan for mass suicide once it became clear the Asgard as a whole could not longer continue on as a species due to the continued genetic degridation & the debiltating suffering they would of endured at hands of this latest genetic anomaly.

Further, Thor himself said he had personally supervised the implimentation & final installation of the Asgard latest hyperdrive/shield/weapon modifications & the Asgard knowledge base/data core that was installed on the Odyessy during S10's Unending (Season 10, episode 20); indicating the Asgard knew for a whiles that this kind of thing (the end of their race) was comming/might happen (they make reference to this in the episode) & had prepared for it accordingly.

Personally, I don't think the Asgard High Council would of been that silly in NOT telling those Asgard serving on Earth's ships or in other galaxies (Ida, Pegasus, etc), etc. Considering how many Asgard we are led to believe were on the Odyessy during the installation of the new Asgard upgrades, it strikes me as odd that the other Asgard elsewhere in the Stargate Universe wouldn't have known about the plan for mass suicide, or the developments leaving up to such a tradjic & momentous event.

Even if some of the Asgard had not had their consciousnesses downloaded into newly constructed bodies which contained the genetic flaw(s) responsible for the disease which prompted them to commit mass suicide rather than continue to exist & suffer in pain, I highly doubt they would simply stand by whilst the rest of their race committed mass suicide; from what we know of the Asgard, they would of gone back to Orilla A.S.A.P. the news broke of their intentions/plan & would of joined them in commiting mass suicide. Even if this were not possible (say for example, Hermoid serving aboard the Daedalus in Pegasus), I sure they would find a way to commit suicide in order to be with the rest of the Asgard & join them in death & be at peace rather than continue to exist knowing their days were numbered & knowing they were literally the last of their kind.

Comment

Hes dead.I mean he has to be, do you have any idea how awkward it would be if he just dropped dead on the Daedalus some random day while checking some random sensors.

God knows I love little Hermiod and his hilarious comments in backwards English but hes dead.He was a great fella till the end.

RIP Hermiod
          Last edited by monkey_man132; 10 April 2007, 07:24 AM.

Comment

It's just too bad we haven't seen him in, like, forever! I mean, if he's dead (Jim), at least let him have a short appearance on, like, "Vengeance" before going >_>'.

Comment

His lack of presence in the back half of season 3 could be explained by Unending, actually, he was probably recalled to help prepare those upgrades, he could have been one of those aboard Oddessey for all we know.

When did we last see him, anyway? Mckay and Mrs Miller?

It stands to reason his presence on the Daedalus might have been in part to see first hand how we'd cope and act with thier technology, with Unending's upgrades in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                It's just too bad we haven't seen him in, like, forever! I mean, if he's dead (Jim), at least let him have a short appearance on, like, "Vengeance" before going >_>'.
                No! What's really miff worthy is

Spoiler:
                We didn't see Thor for many seasons and when we did eventually.....He died!
                sigpic
                Spoiler:
                President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                Forum Charmer
                Forum Ambassador
                Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

I too think that Hermiod is dead.

I was so happy to see Thor again. I was so mad at the writers but as I came to understand after a few days. We would never have gotten the Asgards Technology and never become the fifth race if they would still be alive. So I guess it's a good news bad news situation.

That describes the writers in my opinion when they wrote this episode.

Comment

I really hope he isn't dead. My writing projects involve the character, and it would be thrown way off if he was to be killed off. I do have a work around, in case.

Comment

We could just claim "Unending" was an AU-episode. If the PTB want the Asgard back later, they can always claim "Unending" and subsequent movies dealing with the death of the Asgard and their legacy were all AUs.

I mean, first the Asgard all die. Then we get all their technology (which means that we'll lose it all sometime soon lest the Asgard be too technologically primitive or their tech is too much beyond us for us to use it to battle the Wraith). Then there's the random shipping I'd been deathly afraid of ("Oh, let's give Daniel and Vala a 50 year relationship... and then reset!" - I knew something like that would happen! First I was afraid it would happen to Sam & Jack but then I kinda settled down when someone reminded me Jack wasn't in "Unending". And then it aired...).

So this totally screws the two shows up. I mean, we now have the Ancient database and the Asgard one. With the Asgard database (not just a database but all of their knowledge), everything is in English and they even have Hologram Asgard to guide them!

So the scales of balance have been tipped in our favor. The Wraith's days are numbered... probably the Asurans' too (just look at our nifty new energy weapons). Which means that the Odyssey will go Kablouie in the 1st or 2nd movie or something.

So "Unending" must be one colossal AU episode. That or they all Ascended with a little help from Shifu.

Comment

In every dissaster movie, when earthlings manage to start World World III, or the zombies attack us, or we drop dead because we don't have this-or-that gene, or the oceans cover the planet, there's always a bunch of survivors that start anew. So I'd like to think Hermiod survived on the Daedalus and he'll find other survivors of the Asgard; they can live the remaining of their natural lives together on Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                          We could just claim "Unending" was an AU-episode. If the PTB want the Asgard back later, they can always claim "Unending" and subsequent movies dealing with the death of the Asgard and their legacy were all AUs.

I mean, first the Asgard all die. Then we get all their technology (which means that we'll lose it all sometime soon lest the Asgard be too technologically primitive or their tech is too much beyond us for us to use it to battle the Wraith). Then there's the random shipping I'd been deathly afraid of ("Oh, let's give Daniel and Vala a 50 year relationship... and then reset!" - I knew something like that would happen! First I was afraid it would happen to Sam & Jack but then I kinda settled down when someone reminded me Jack wasn't in "Unending". And then it aired...).

So this totally screws the two shows up. I mean, we now have the Ancient database and the Asgard one. With the Asgard database (not just a database but all of their knowledge), everything is in English and they even have Hologram Asgard to guide them!

So the scales of balance have been tipped in our favor. The Wraith's days are numbered... probably the Asurans' too (just look at our nifty new energy weapons). Which means that the Odyssey will go Kablouie in the 1st or 2nd movie or something.

So "Unending" must be one colossal AU episode. That or they all Ascended with a little help from Shifu.
                          I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to pawn off 'Unending' as an AU, because they pretty much did the same with Moebius.

Now Jack just happens to be a crappy fisher and the episode started with an alternate timeline rather than the original timeline being changed into the current one.

If they've did it once before, they'd surely do it again.

sigpic

Comment

I'm afraid Hermiod is dead... these puppets are probably extremely expensive and Unending was really farewell to Asgard race in order to cut the costs in the future.

Comment

Hermiod's dead. plain and simple as that.
                              Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X