This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galactica S3 DVD Rating

I kind of have a feeling that the R2 box-set is coming with an 18 certificate possibly due to the graphic violence in the first half of the season. Since the R1 DVDs come out in halfs I would say the first half season set will be the UK equivilant of 18 and the second would most likely be a 15. What does everyone else think?

a) It will most likely be a single box set
    b) Who cares?
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Do they rate the DVD's where you live?

Here in the US, most TV shows on DVD are unrated and no one seems to care. Although in some stores stargate SG-1 season 1 + 2 has a warning sticker (and that's for nudity, they don't even care about violence).
      sigpic

Comment

I noticed that they don't rate TV on DVD in the US- which I thought was odd. They do here, it'll carry a 14A, just like the other seasons, but again, who cares if you've already seen the show. It doesn't really matter.

Comment

I think season 3 dvd sales are going to flop
          Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
          They had to fake the ratings
          They had to fake the ratings.
          Let it be known for all times there were once...

Comment

Originally posted by Kick-Kinsey View Post
            I think season 3 dvd sales are going to flop

Comment

Well, if they add a lot of extra material it might merit a re-rate. Otherwise, what's the point?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                Well, if they add a lot of extra material it might merit a re-rate. Otherwise, what's the point?
                I don't see the point either- I've seen a few re-rates here. Mostly on PG shows that get the upgrade to 14A on the DVD (BSG season one and Atlantis season two being the first to come to mind), but I've never seen anything make the jump to an 18 rating (from a PG or a 14+). I really don't see the point, unless they're adding alternate unedited cuts of episodes, which they aren't.

Edit: my main concern is, will the menus on the discs be better thought out this time? The box art always looks fantastic, but the menus for all the BSG sets leave something to be desired. Though I actually like the miniseries one, and the 2.5 one was an improvement over seasons one and 2.0.

Comment

Working...
                X