Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hm. Now I'm a little perplexed. There is now an additional down-pointing blue arrow in one of the thread titles in my "Subscribed Threads" list. --I swear it wasn't there before. And I'm certain none of the others had it. (And they don't currently. But then I've already read them today... Hm.)

This arrow works more like Sam described: Clicking on it puts me at the next post after the day I last logged into the forum.
    Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

yeah new forums rock i was gonna join your Delphi forum...but i didn't like it....they day you got this, i joined however there are still problems...the engine need some upgrading

Comment

Originally posted by Wordsmit2

And if I have to go wading through dozens of posts trying to figure out where I left off in a thread, I will be much less inclined to spend much time here.

Delphi's thread bookmarking was one of the two things I loved about the old forum. The other was the compact way all the threads were listed in the left margin.
        yes I agree there. In threads with lots of posts I'm having to try and remember the page I was last reading otherewise you seem to be looking for ages. Also on delphi I really liked the way the post showed the one you were replying to. But I do appreciate all the hard work that has gone into this one.

erika

Comment

The only thing I dont like is that I wish when I visited a certain area of the board, it would make all those messages "read", so I don't have to click on every single thread in a page to do so.
          "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

I believe there is a "Mark this Forum read" button somewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by petzke_42
              The only thing I dont like is that I wish when I visited a certain area of the board, it would make all those messages "read", so I don't have to click on every single thread in a page to do so.
              oky now that's gonna be hard to explain...so lets do it...
              so, for example, you go from the main forum page to General Discussion, now pay attention to botton, right next to it to the right there is a text "Forum Tools" click it...a menu will roll down/out and now you can mark all threats read by clicking on "Mark This Forum Read" in rolled down menu..that will make General Discussion read...but will leave the other sections unread
              To make all the section read look at the MAIN FORUM MENU, not main site menu...there are "Quick Links" click it, and in there there is a text "Mark Forum Read" that makes THE WHOLE forum read... now enjoy using the forum

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie
                oky now that's gonna be hard to explain...so lets do it...
                so, for example, you go from the main forum page to General Discussion, now pay attention to botton, right next to it to the right there is a text "Forum Tools" click it...a menu will roll down/out and now you can mark all threats read by clicking on "Mark This Forum Read" in rolled down menu..that will make General Discussion read...but will leave the other sections unread
                To make all the section read look at the MAIN FORUM MENU, not main site menu...there are "Quick Links" click it, and in there there is a text "Mark Forum Read" that makes THE WHOLE forum read... now enjoy using the forum
                Excellent...that is very useful, thanks a bunch.
                "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

It was the change to vBull that prompted me to sign up. I'm on four SG-1 forums and two others and I simply could not use the Delphi forums that were here before. The vBulletin/Invision/phpBB style is the way to go
                  Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

Is it possible to tag a thread "don't show (ignore)". I miss that about Delphi.

There are a number of threads I'm just not interested in, and I keep tripping over some of them because they're ambiguously named. This forum is only few weeks old so it's not so bad, but what's it going to be like in six months?

The "subscribed threads" thing helps a lot for threads you *know* you want to read, but browsing for others gets less and less appealing as the forum fills with threads you don't care about, are annoyed by, are too tempted by...
                    Last edited by Wordsmit2; 14 May 2004, 09:25 PM. Reason: clarification
                    Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

Working...
                    X