Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Love the new Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by petzke_42
    The only thing I dont like is that I wish when I visited a certain area of the board, it would make all those messages "read", so I don't have to click on every single thread in a page to do so.
    oky now that's gonna be hard to explain...so lets do it...
    so, for example, you go from the main forum page to General Discussion, now pay attention to botton, right next to it to the right there is a text "Forum Tools" click it...a menu will roll down/out and now you can mark all threats read by clicking on "Mark This Forum Read" in rolled down menu..that will make General Discussion read...but will leave the other sections unread
    To make all the section read look at the MAIN FORUM MENU, not main site menu...there are "Quick Links" click it, and in there there is a text "Mark Forum Read" that makes THE WHOLE forum read... now enjoy using the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie
    oky now that's gonna be hard to explain...so lets do it...
    so, for example, you go from the main forum page to General Discussion, now pay attention to botton, right next to it to the right there is a text "Forum Tools" click it...a menu will roll down/out and now you can mark all threats read by clicking on "Mark This Forum Read" in rolled down menu..that will make General Discussion read...but will leave the other sections unread
    To make all the section read look at the MAIN FORUM MENU, not main site menu...there are "Quick Links" click it, and in there there is a text "Mark Forum Read" that makes THE WHOLE forum read... now enjoy using the forum
    Excellent...that is very useful, thanks a bunch.
    "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

First Lieutenant

It was the change to vBull that prompted me to sign up. I'm on four SG-1 forums and two others and I simply could not use the Delphi forums that were here before. The vBulletin/Invision/phpBB style is the way to go
    Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...es/DomSig2.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Niles/DomSig.jpg
    Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Is it possible to tag a thread "don't show (ignore)". I miss that about Delphi.

There are a number of threads I'm just not interested in, and I keep tripping over some of them because they're ambiguously named. This forum is only few weeks old so it's not so bad, but what's it going to be like in six months?

The "subscribed threads" thing helps a lot for threads you *know* you want to read, but browsing for others gets less and less appealing as the forum fills with threads you don't care about, are annoyed by, are too tempted by...
    Last edited by Wordsmit2; May 14th, 2004 at 09:25 PM. Reason: clarification