• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Stop An Exploding Man (123)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON ONE
    HOW TO STOP AN EXPLODING MAN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 123

As doomsday arrives, Peter, Matt, Claire and the others head for their fateful conflict with Sylar at Ground Zero. Bennett and Matt discover that the dangerous tracking system is a young girl, and Niki comes to terms with her dual self to save her family.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 09:30 PM.

Great episode! Hiro at the end...hilarious when he curses in Japanese.

Comment

NNNNNOOOOO!!! NOT NATHAN!!!!

Yay for him doing the right thing in the end, but DON'T LET HIM DIE!!!

Comment

That was my reaction. OMG, both of them, wth!!!! Are they really dead???? I didn't see that coming at all and this is the second finale that left me not sure whether to scream or clap.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          NNNNNOOOOO!!! NOT NATHAN!!!!

Yay for him doing the right thing in the end, but DON'T LET HIM DIE!!!
          Maybe Nathan let go of him and flew off in the nick of time. Why didn't Peter just fly on his own? He clearly can use powers he appropriates even when he's not around their original possessers.

My question is how can Peter regenerate if he's disintigrated? Doesn't there have to be something to regenerate from? Maybe he should have left a leg behind, or something.
          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

i think my only beef...i HATE it when villians won't die.

and no one frakking noticed syler crawling off?????

other than that, it was good
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I agree, Nathan could have flown him up and said, "see ya later" and dropped him.

Comment

I wonder why Peter never tried teleporting? Then he could have beamed himself to Nevada and not had to worry. He goes boom, regenerates in the desert, and teleports home (naked, but that's what invisibility is for).
                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Maybe as he begun to explode his powers didn't work. I think he would have flown away if he could.

Comment

Not a bad episode. I felt the fight between Sylar and Peter should have taken up more than the last 6 minutes of the episode. I mean the entire season has been building to that point and it was over in like 30 seconds.

We were certainly left with numerous cliffhangers,
                    Spoiler:
                    Will officer Parkman survive? Did Sylar escape? Did Peter and Nathan survive? What will happen to Hiro? I know the writers said they needed to make room for new characters but man I hope we don't lose those we think we are going to lose, like Nathan and Peter. Those two seem too central to story to lose them

Comment

Well, Peter will survive because he can heal. And if he manages to regain consciousness before he hits the ground and dies again, he should be able to fly, but NATHAN!!! I don't want him to be dead! He's too awesome to die!

Hiro back in time looks pretty dang cool. And he'll get to meet one of his heroes.

And everyone coming together at the end was pretty nifty although I find it hard to believe that after all the melodrama with Sylar they'd forget to keep an eye on the body and let it be dragged off into the sewers by ninja turtles.

I'm liking Molly and Micah together. Not as a ship, thank you (they're too young), but just as best friends. I think they'll get along famously and I share Molly's hope that Parkman doesn't die (though given a choice between Matt and Nathan, I'd pick Nathan).

Will we be finding out what the previous generation was all about? I'm guessing from the chapter title that we will. 'bout time.

I heard that the last three minutes of the finale are also the first three minutes of next season. Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        i think my only beef...i HATE it when villians won't die.

and no one frakking noticed syler crawling off?????

other than that, it was good
                        I thought the samething until my brother said that Sylar did die, that is what we saw in his eyes and then going grey meant. And that someone dragged him in the sewer. But I am still skeptical.

Other than that, it was a great episode especially when Peter started wailing on Sylar.

: Green is Good.
                        sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Definitely a great end to a great season. A lot of questions left to be answered next season. I really hope Nathan survived along with Peter. As for Sylar, I think he'll be back. One way or another. Either he didn't really die, and managed to crawl into the sewer. Or, he was dragged into the sewer, and will be brought back from the dead by someone/something.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Rating: 4/5

The episode was great, dont get me wrong. But where was the fight scene I was PUMP'D for since episode 11? Sylar versus Peter was pathetic. It was more like everyone taking a chance at Sylar (Bennet, Matt, Peter, Hiro, Nikki) and then doing something else. Hiro appearing and stabbing Sylar was badly presented.

However, Nathan's death was great. I think Sylar might actually be dead because when he was stabbed, his eyes showed the future and it showed him dead (with a smirk). Matt's apparent death would make me happy (make the show more realistic).

I thought Molly & Micah were cute working as a team for like 5 seconds. I'm looking forward to the 'more evil than boogeyman' hero.

Still pissed about the lack of an amazing fight scene with usage of multiple powers.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
                              Maybe Nathan let go of him and flew off in the nick of time. Why didn't Peter just fly on his own? He clearly can use powers he appropriates even when he's not around their original possessers.
                              I wondered about that too; I went back and rewatched.

Peter told Nathan, "I took his (Sylar's) power. I can't control it. I can't control anything."

I thought it was a very good finale. I only started watching a few weeks ago and then got caught up on the Sci-Fi marathon. I'll watch from the beginning next season.
                              Jace

When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people.

Abraham Joshua Heschel

Comment

Working...
                              X